• I just downloaded and install the M1 version. Total crap. It crashes AE the second you apply Stardust. Installed twice on AE 2021. Get your act together. We have been waiting for this update since last year and still not working. 
    OS 12.2.1 MBP 16" Max
    The Stardust for M1 will only install and run on the Adobe After Effects beta for M1, there is no way to install it on 2021. 
    Please open a support ticket if you have any issues with it.

I understand this person’s confusion. The product details are confusing. Does not mention any need for:

After Effects: 22.4 Apple silicon/Intel

The product's "system requirements" don't match the developers response in this thread.

Below is the language verbatim for: “Stardust macOS Apple Silicon M1 Beta” on aescripts.com/My Downloads & Licenses

Welcome to the Stardust Installer

Stardust Version 1.6.0 - Apple M1 Beta

Stardust is a modular 3d particle system for Adobe After Effects© that creates stunning, never before seen motion graphics, with ease.

System Requirements : Mac OSX 10.9 and later, Adobe After Effects 2015.3 and later, 1 GB of RAM, 100 MB of hard drive space  , OpenGL 3.3 and later

• I just downloaded and install the M1 version. Total crap. It crashes AE the second you apply Stardust. Installed twice on AE 2021. Get your act together. We have been waiting for this update since last year and still not working. 
    OS 12.2.1 MBP 16" Max
    The Stardust for M1 will only install and run on the Adobe After Effects beta for M1, there is no way to install it on 2021. 
    Please open a support ticket if you have any issues with it.

I understand this person’s confusion. The product details are confusing. Does not mention any need for:

After Effects: 22.4 Apple silicon/Intel

The product's "system requirements" don't match the developers response in this thread.

Below is the language verbatim for: “Stardust macOS Apple Silicon M1 Beta” on AEScripts.com/My Downloads & Licenses

Welcome to the Stardust Installer

Stardust Version 1.6.0 - Apple M1 Beta

Stardust is a modular 3d particle system for Adobe After Effects© that creates stunning, never before seen motion graphics, with ease.

System Requirements : Mac OSX 10.9 and later, Adobe After Effects 2015.3 and later, 1 GB of RAM, 100 MB of hard drive space  , OpenGL 3.3 and later

Hi, We released the Stardust for M1 as a beta, so thank you for pointing the error on the text, we will fix it with the next beta.
    We also added the compatibility to the knowledge base.

• whenever I star stardust on Mac M1 it crashes the AE 2022 and closes the App 
  • whenever I star stardust on Mac M1 it crashes the AE 2022 and closes the App 
    You must use the new M1 beta which only works on the native M1 AE Beta. You cannot use the M1 beta in 2022 as it is not a native M1 app. You can download the M1 beta from the 'My Downloads & Licenses' section in your user account.
  • how do you reposition your view? If i add a camera or make it a 3D layer - it all disappears.
    Im clearly getting something wrong - but it shouldnt be this hard for something that basic
  • thank you for porting this to M1 ! Finally.
  • still no multiframe rendering support? is this going to come out any time soon?
  • still no multiframe rendering support? is this going to come out any time soon?
    I've asked a few times and it seems the question is deliberately being ignored, so I would guess that's a solid "no".
    Stardust already uses multi-thread for in frame renders and calculations, and renders using the GPU ,  rendering multiple frames will result in less available memory for each frame and less GPU resources for each frame.
  • Just downloaded the Mac OS 12 zip file: Stardust macOS Apple Silicon ONLY (April 14, 2022)

· Stardust release notes v1_6.pdf

is a damaged file. Please repackage this zip with a working PDF. Thanks Aharon. Looking forward to the new release!
  • Does macOS 10 and 11 also work with this version of Stardust? The verbiage in the zip file do not match:

System Requirements in PDF
    • macOS 12 and later and Apple Silicon ONLY
    System Requirements in Installer file
    • Installer filename: Stardust macOS Apple Silicon ONLY (April 14, 2022)
    • System Requirements : Mac OSX 11 and later with Apple Silicon
  • Does macOS 10 and 11 also work with this version of Stardust? The verbiage in the zip file do not match:

System Requirements in PDF
    • macOS 12 and later and Apple Silicon ONLY
    System Requirements in Installer file
    • Installer filename: Stardust macOS Apple Silicon ONLY (April 14, 2022)
    • System Requirements : Mac OSX 11 and later with Apple Silicon
    Please re-download for the release notes pdf.  We also updated the PDF to match the installer.
  • Aside from a couple of installer updates, Stardust has not seen any significant updates in close to 2 years now.  I'm just wondering if you guys are still actively developing this plugin or if this is as far as you are taking it?  
  • Aside from a couple of installer updates, Stardust has not seen any significant updates in close to 2 years now.  I'm just wondering if you guys are still actively developing this plugin or if this is as far as you are taking it?  
    It is actively developed and we just released a few days ago a version for Apple M1. 
  • I love Stardust and use it extensively. I just want to mention that the Apple M1 version is working fine on the M1 compatible AE 22.4 Beta, but it crashes right away on the M1 compatible AE 22.3. This is on the MacBook Air M1 2020 with 16GB Memory.
  • I have an 18 core Intel Mac and 128 gb memory... avg video card.   What does 'stardust' rely on MOST for render speed and performance on Intel macs.
  • Hi, have a quick question, I downloaded the first beta for M1. And sometimes makes my after effects beta crash. I saw that they are 2 more betas posted for m1 but with the same version number (and no mention if they fix this issue). Are the 3 betas posted the same?

thanks!
  • Hi there is the price for stardust plugin a one off payment or a subscription based plan?

• It's a one off payment with inclusive updates for the version your on.

• It's a one off payment with inclusive updates for the version your on.
    Thank you Felix!
  • Hey I downloaded the free trial cause I wanted to see how well this performed on an older machine like mine but anytime I try and use it I just get "After Effects error: crash occurred while invoking effect plugin-in "Stardust"
  • Hey I downloaded the free trial cause I wanted to see how well this performed on an older machine like mine but anytime I try and use it I just get "After Effects error: crash occurred while invoking effect plugin-in "Stardust"

• Hey Stardust. TODO: Would love to get Multi-Frame Rendering support for the PC version. Thanks! ;)
  • Feature request
    (long time user of node based rigging in Toon Boom)
    For complex node setups it would be good to have a visual method of grouping and labeling parts of a set up in the node window.
    Eg: when rigging in toon boom you can arrange nodes in groups - BUT you can also draw coloured and labelled boxes around groups of nodes to quickly arrange into broad categories such as "head" "torso" etc etc
    Would be really useful to have this as a feature in stardust
  • Hello.
    I have been a Stardust user since 2018.
    I bought a new MacBook Pro notebook.
    I want to install Stardust new version but it is not working.
    The same errors are present in both normal macOS and M1-specific versions of Stardust.

MacBook Pro and After Effects Information:
    MacBook Pro 16" 2021
    Apple M1 Max, 64GB, 8TB
    macOS Monterey v12.6
    Adobe After Effects 22.5.0 (Build 53)

The Stardust versions I want to install are:
    Stardust_macOS_v1.6.0b
    Stardust_macOS_v1.6.0 Apple Silicon ONLY

• Hello.
    I have been a Stardust user since 2018.
    I bought a new MacBook Pro notebook.
    I want to install Stardust new version but it is not working.
    The same errors are present in both normal macOS and M1-specific versions of Stardust.

MacBook Pro and After Effects Information:
    MacBook Pro 16" 2021
    Apple M1 Max, 64GB, 8TB
    macOS Monterey v12.6
    Adobe After Effects 22.5.0 (Build 53)

The Stardust versions I want to install are:
    Stardust_macOS_v1.6.0b
    Stardust_macOS_v1.6.0 Apple Silicon ONLY

Please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1

Click on the green TRY button in the product page: https://aescripts.com/stardust
  • Hi! Please help me to find the verification number stardust asking me to regiter the product. in Info line i see serial/Name and organization but no verification number
  • Hi! Please help me to find the verification number stardust asking me to regiter the product. in Info line i see serial/Name and organization but no verification number
    Please see the FAQ: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/stardust-faq/

If you need additional assistance please open a support ticket.
  • why doesnt stardust work on the new AE 2023?
  • why doesnt stardust work on the new AE 2023?

It does work, a new installer is coming out soon, until then you can copy the plugin file over from your 2022 installation.

• Hi, the trial version of stardust doesn't work with AE 2022 on Macbook Pro M1. I'm really interested in buying it, but if I can't test it on my system it doesn't make sense :)
  • Jo Jacobs said:
    Hi, the trial version of stardust doesn't work with AE 2022 on Macbook Pro M1. I'm really interested in buying it, but if I can't test it on my system it doesn't make sense :)
    You need to make sure you are installing the "Apple Silicon" version .
  • Have M1 Ultra ( MacStudio) updated all adobe 2023, also update stardust  
    First it just crashed AE directly, update with silicon only version, only says : "can't find entry point for Stardust"

Have un installed and clean install, but same....can´t get it to work.???
  • Have M1 Ultra ( MacStudio) updated all adobe 2023, also update stardust  
    First it just crashed AE directly, update with silicon only version, only says : "can't find entry point for Stardust"

Have un installed and clean install, but same....can´t get it to work.???

please open a support ticket
  • I have bought this plug-in for a long time. Except for adaptability updates, there are basically no new functions in the past few years. I am very disappointed.
  • Echoing the sentiments of xinning here. This plugin really is one of a kind but it hasn't been updated for a while. MFR is sorely needed
  • When does ver 2 come out?

• hello stardust team,
    i have been using stardust for many years and have realized many large projects with it. since i am also a teacher, i naturally recommend stardust to others, because i think that such a good and intelligent plugin should be supported.
    the problems since the introduction of the apple m1 processor have been communicated in a very non-transparent way by your team. i think you would win the acceptance of the community if you communicate the challenges and future plans in a more transparent way. i don't know how big your team is,- but i know a lot of people who appreciate your work and can wait for some time for a necessary technical adjustment if you make a clear statement.
  • Hello Stardust
    Is it possible to get render only licenses for Stardust on windows to use on render machines?

Tanks
    Ken

• Hello Stardust
    Is it possible to get render only licenses for Stardust on windows to use on render machines?

Tanks
    Ken

Yes. Please open a support ticket for assistance with this: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Hi i like to try the plugin but it crashes AE every time i try to use it. I tried it on 2022 and 2023. Thanks.

Please open a support ticket for assistance: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Great product but feels a bit like it's not moving forward. No support for AE 2023 as yet. 
    Any updates from the devs much apprecaited!
  • Great product but feels a bit like it's not moving forward. No support for AE 2023 as yet. 

Works great in 2023. if you need assistance, please open a Support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • But not support MFR still and your installer does not support 2023.
    I feel a bit like it's not moving forward too.
    Great product but feels a bit like it's not moving forward. No support for AE 2023 as yet. 

Works great in 2023. if you need assistance, please open a Support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1

• But not support MFR still and your installer does not support 2023.
    I feel a bit like it's not moving forward too.
    Great product but feels a bit like it's not moving forward. No support for AE 2023 as yet. 

Installer does support 2023, again, if you need assistrance please open a support ticket

• two years after,main aex date still in 2020/7/9 ,and does not support MFR still.
    just update installer only again?
    please answer this question , where is MFR support?
  • two years after,main aex date still in 2020/7/9 ,and does not support MFR still.
    just update installer only again?
    please answer this question , where is MFR support?

Stardust already uses multi-thread for in frame renders, and also renders using the GPU so in most setups MFR will not be faster, and in some will be slower as memory and disk access are always limited.
  • During install using Download Manager, there is no 2023 option?
    Is there a different installer for 2023 on Mac?