• Does this allow Timecode to be added to the Quicktime file?

• Does this allow Timecode to be added to the Quicktime file?
    Hi,
    I might be able to add this feature, could you file an issue please so we can talk about this ?
  • Dornisoft said:

Does this allow Timecode to be added to the Quicktime file?

Hi,
    I might be able to add this feature, could you file an issue please so we can talk about this ?

Sure. How do I file an issue?

• Love the plugin--would *really* love the ability to use these codecs also with premiere and media encoder. Can't come soon enough!
  • Yes we're working on it ;)
  • Just purchased. Downloaded the ffmpeg bin files using the options available (update and manually). Restarted my desktop and it does not work. Get an error message that I do not have the ffmpeg file... etc. Have the latest AE (Adobe After Effects CC 2017.2)...

Help...

Ed
  • Just purchased. Downloaded the ffmpeg bin files using the options available (update and manually). Restarted my desktop and it does not work. Get an error message that I do not have the ffmpeg file... etc. Have the latest AE (Adobe After Effects CC 2017.2)...

Help...

Ed
    Hi, please fill a ticket so that I can track your issue.
  • Great plugin! No more waiting for the Media Encoder to start and come up with the queue. And all finished encodings are saved within my AEproject again, like the good old days.

BUT: Due to the ".ext" extension while choosing a filename in the fileexplorer, I can't see whats already in it. It's restricted to only show .ext-files. Since I do a lot of iterations, I normally click on an already existing mp4-file an then change date an version number.
    Is there a way to get around this restriction?

Thanks, Marco
  • Great plugin! No more waiting for the Media Encoder to start and come up with the queue. And all finished encodings are saved within my AEproject again, like the good old days.

BUT: Due to the ".ext" extension while choosing a filename in the fileexplorer, I can't see whats already in it. It's restricted to only show .ext-files. Since I do a lot of iterations, I normally click on an already existing mp4-file an then change date an version number.

Thanks, Marco
    Hi Marco,
    Yes there might be a way to solve this issue. I was thinking about having multiple exporter in the "Format" list, for example "AfterCodecs .MOV" and "AfterCodecs .MP4". This is gonna take time but it's doable.
  • Hi guys,
    I just tried to export a x264 RGB from a project in 16 bpc.
    It prompts me an Error because it needs to be 8 bpc...
    When, I am making an h264 directly from the same project, it works fine.

I understand than x264 is a web codex and web is 8 bpc
    But if I downgrade my project to 8 bpc, all colors are messed up.

Is there a way the plugin render in 16, then compress in 8 bpc for the x264?

Thanks.

• Hi guys,

Thanks.
    Hi Olivier,
    I you just choose "Trillions of Colors" in the render options then it will not downgrade to 8 bpc and keep it 16 bpc for AfterCodecs, which will encode it in 8 bpc.

Thanks, Marco
    I second this! It is cumbersome to iterate currently. 
    I have another issue where my x264 files can't be ready by the native video player on my PC, nor can they be read by QT on my Mac. They just come up as blank files on the PC and QT on the Mac says it can't be opened as it may be damaged or is not a movie file compatible with QT Player. They do play ok in VLC though. I am going to open a ticket for that. 
    Thanks!
  • GREAT!
    Thanks

Hi guys,

Thanks.
    Hi Olivier,
    I you just choose "Trillions of Colors" in the render options then it will not downgrade to 8 bpc and keep it 16 bpc for AfterCodecs, which will encode it in 8 bpc.

• It`s powerful plug-in!
    Saving a lot of render time.

May i ask a question?

Every time i close After effect ,
    I got a error message like this.
    http://i2.imgbus.com/doimg/dcbo5mamfo7n9b3.jpg

Could you help me to fix it?
  • hugo lin said:
    It`s powerful plug-in!
    Saving a lot of render time.

May i ask a question?

Every time i close After effect ,
    I got a error message like this.
    http://i2.imgbus.com/doimg/dcbo5mamfo7n9b3.jpg

Could you help me to fix it?
    Hi, please fill a ticket :)
  • I am not sure if this has been talked about yet, but thought I would share. A lot of people are asking for a Premiere version, which would be great, but there is a workaround. I imported my premiere project into AE and just output from there. Not the most elegant solution, but it worked for me. 
    Thanks!
  • Oh great, but is the workaround fast ?
  • Great to finally have this in After Effects.

Just wondering if there is a way to manually set the bitrate of h264/5 outputs? or is it just the quality slider? Roughly what bitrate will you get with the slider at 100%?
    Hi Anders, I've just uploaded a new version with a bitrate slider. 100% by the way is only for near-lossless renders like for archiving don't use it for regular renders.
  • Thanks for getting this in AE!

I've noticed when I export my footage to ProRes, there is a slight color shift. 
    My ProRes doesn't match my comp, looks lighter as if it was an H264. 

Is there is a fix for this?

• Thanks for getting this in AE!

I've noticed when I export my footage to ProRes, there is a slight color shift. 
    My ProRes doesn't match my comp, looks lighter as if it was an H264. 

Is there is a fix for this?

Please open a support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1

• it does not work ! 
    I can not read files after export in x264 ! 
    I can't purchasse!

• it does not work ! 
    I can not read files after export in x264 ! 
    I can't purchasse!
    Hi Emmanuel,
    Please fill a support ticket :)
  • Thanks a lot for your work. Sadly didn't work for me, after the render is complete I only get a 0 Kb file.

How can I fix it?
  • Thanks a lot for your work. Sadly didn't work for me, after the render is complete I only get a 0 Kb file.

How can I fix it?
    Please open a support ticket
  • Just wanted to mention a quirk I noticed.  I bought a copy and registered it and have been using a bit for the past month.  Then I get an error message along the lines of "your serial number is too old".  I just re-registered it with the same serial number and it's all working again.  Possibly some bug to do with using the demo before purchasing?

Also, have to say that as I always work in 16bit mode it is annoying to have to change the render mode to 8 bit for a x264 render, as it throws up the "Mismatch between comp depth and output depth".  I don't think this should be a problem that prevents rendering,
  • Just wanted to mention a quirk I noticed.  I bought a copy and registered it and have been using a bit for the past month.  Then I get an error message along the lines of "your serial number is too old".  I just re-registered it with the same serial number and it's all working again.  Possibly some bug to do with using the demo before purchasing?

Also, have to say that as I always work in 16bit mode it is annoying to have to change the render mode to 8 bit for a x264 render, as it throws up the "Mismatch between comp depth and output depth".  I don't think this should be a problem that prevents rendering,
    Hi Chris, thank you for the bug report I'll inspect this. For the 16bpc render, just select Trillions of colors and it will be converted to 8bpc for x264
  • If this had CUDA/NVenc Encoding implemented for x265 it would been *godlike*. Im currently using Aempeg with my own compiled ffmpeg version that has CUDA/NVenc. Since This is also based off on ffmpeg im curious if its possible to swap the ffmpeg version used to the one i compile on my own with CUDA and if its possible to write my own preset so that the correct encoding parameters are passed on to ffmpeg for CUDA/NVenc without having to reverse engineer something. Aempeg makes it quite simple to add your own encoding flags. 

Im not sure if the ffmpeg licensing allows you to bundle it with your product if you used a self compiled version. I see that other products that do indeed bundle ffmpeg are commercial (Mediacoder for instance, but also their free version does bundle binaries compiled from ffmpeg). If it was possible you should maybe consider bundle with a self compiled ffmpeg, this would be a super value for many users/customers as ffmpeg is easily compiled with full CUDA/NVenc 10 and 12bit etc. For people who havent had the ability to render from AE to x265 with full CUDA support it has to be seen to be believed compared to the x265 Preset for Media Encoder. Usually something that takes around 1hour in Media Coder with x265 preset i render in under 20 minutes with Aempeg using CUDA with my own ffmpeg compile with zero identifiable loss in quality.
  • Hi Mikael,

Thank you for your comment.
    You can indeed change the ffmpeg used but not yet change the command line. This would for sure be a good feature for later. I also like the idea of bundling my own builds of ffmpeg with AfterCodecs. Right now, I'm focused on others issues that are more urgent though

Cheers

• We can talk about this command line feature just open up a new ticket about AfterCodecs :)
  • Does this also speed up render times? I render hour an hour podcast weekly and use an audio spectrum to show our audio wave to the podcast viewers. Speeding that up would be a life saver.
  • Does this also speed up render times? I render hour an hour podcast weekly and use an audio spectrum to show our audio wave to the podcast viewers. Speeding that up would be a life saver.
    Hi Kazden, yes this speeds up encoding time, and also lets you prepare the video for streaming website and youtube upload.. Just try the demo :) .
    In the next version I'll add an encoding speed options for x264 / x265 so people who don't mind having files slightly bigger will be able to render their composition faster.
    In future versions encoding will be even more optimised.
    • x264 : best H264/AVC implementation, outperforming both Adobe Media Encoder and QuickTime H264.
    • x265 : files are 30% lighter than x264 and it also supports 8K resolution.

2 questions here:
      - x264 is the same as H264, only better with no compatibility issues?
      - Since x265 is lighter than x264 with same quality, why to use the first codec?

Thanks a lot for ur time :)
    • x264 : best H264/AVC implementation, outperforming both Adobe Media Encoder and QuickTime H264.
    • x265 : files are 30% lighter than x264 and it also supports 8K resolution.

2 questions here:
      - x264 is the same as H264, only better with no compatibility issues?
      - Since x265 is lighter than x264 with same quality, why to use the first codec?

Thanks a lot for ur time :)
    Hi Thanos,
    x264 is a different implementation of H264. Adobe has its own implementation of this standard but they just call it H264.
    While x264 produce much lighter files / better quality files, I cannot guarantee its playback on every software and devices. All decoders implementations can have bugs and have different input specifications so it's not an easy issue in general. For example lossless H264 (quality 99 or 100 in the next version AfterCodecs) doesn't work with Quicktime Player.

I included an option to render H264 with "baseline" and "main" profiles if you have issues with old devices !

H265 is too recent : it's not compatible everywhere and requires more processing power to decode it. If you can afford it that's great, in the meantime H264 is more universal and will still be around for some years ;) .

• Thanks for the detailed answer. So practically x264 is very similar to H264 from media encoder? Ofc ProRes is the big news here, was wondering though about the other availiable formats. Thanks again
  • First of all THANKSSS! For this awesome product!!

1 question what exactly is the speed button for? and what the "0" means 1 - 3 slower but lighter and so on is the "0" an auto setup?

there is no info about this feature in the manual or on the video tutorial...

thanks for everything
  • Thanks for the detailed answer. So practically x264 is very similar to H264 from media encoder?
    Yes x264 is H264, but x264 generated by AfterCodecs (using the ffmpeg software) are better compressed compared to Adobe Media Encoder or Quicktime.

First of all THANKSSS! For this awesome product!!

1 question what exactly is the speed button for? and what the "0" means 1 - 3 slower but lighter and so on is the "0" an auto setup?

thanks for everything
    The default value is 4 not 0. "Speed" is used to determine if the video encoder should spend a lot of time (if speed is low) or not (if speed is high) to compress the videos. If you're using Quality mode, a low value of speed will produce smaller video files. If you're using Bitrate mode, it will produce files of better quality.

My advices :
     - In general use the default value 4 it's pretty good for every use case.
     - But if you want a fast render and don't care about filesize, use the Quality mode and set the speed to 7 or 8.
     - If you are doing your final render and want the best file possible, set the speed to 1 or 2

It's not in the video tutorial because it's a recent feature. The software will continue to improve ; I'll do another video tutorial when it'll be necessary. You're right, I should update the PDF.
    Which version of AfterCodecs do you have ?
  • Thanks for the detailed answer. So practically x264 is very similar to H264 from media encoder?
    Yes x264 is H264, but x264 generated by AfterCodecs (using the ffmpeg software) are better compressed compared to Adobe Media Encoder or Quicktime.

First of all THANKSSS! For this awesome product!!

thanks for everything
    The default value is 4 not 0. "Speed" is used to determine if the video encoder should spend a lot of time (if speed is low) or not (if speed is high) to compress the videos. If you're using Quality mode, a low value of speed will produce smaller video files. If you're using Bitrate mode, it will produce files of better quality.

My advices :
     - In general use the default value 4 it's pretty good for every use case.
     - But if you want a fast render and don't care about filesize, use the Quality mode and set the speed to 7 or 8.
     - If you are doing your final render and want the best file possible, set the speed to 1 or 2

It's not in the video tutorial because it's a recent feature. The software will continue to improve ; I'll do another video tutorial when it'll be necessary. You're right, I should update the PDF.
    Which version of AfterCodecs do you have ?
    AfterCodecs 1.1.3
  • Hi

Will this work in AME(Adobe Media Encoder) or just AE
  • Hi

Will this work in AME(Adobe Media Encoder) or just AE
    Hi Bruce. This is a plugin for only AE. The plugin for Premiere Pro and Media Encoder is not finished yet ! It's coming :)
  • Crashing repeatedly on Win 10 Pro AE 2017. TIFF sequence exported fine. Same settings but added adjustment layer to convert to sRGB.
  • Crashing repeatedly on Win 10 Pro AE 2017. TIFF sequence exported fine. Same settings but added adjustment layer to convert to sRGB.
    Please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1048
  • Been playing around with this, and it seems very promising. I feel that the potential could be much bigger though, if users were allowed to create their own presets (ie FFMPEG commands). Could really just be a text field in the bottom of the windows where I was allowed to change the FFMPEG query. Have you considered this?
  • Been playing around with this, and it seems very promising. I feel that the potential could be much bigger though, if users were allowed to create their own presets (ie FFMPEG commands). Could really just be a text field in the bottom of the windows where I was allowed to change the FFMPEG query. Have you considered this?
    Hi Jonas, Yes as discussed above it's a feature that would be great for power users that know ffmpeg like you. You have to understand that's it's not that easy to add (every render has its own parameters - resolution, framerate, pixel format, audio muxing etc... and I would have to give a nice UI for that)
    I have other more urgent features and host to develop for now, just be patient :)
  • Will this work with BG Renderer Pro (also found here on the site)?
  • Will this work with BG Renderer Pro (also found here on the site)?
    Hi Ricky,
    I've just tested it and it seems to be working fine. Please make your test with the AfterCodecs 500 frames trial !
  • Any way to get this working on CS6?
  • No there are breaking changes in the API.
    I'm curious about what features of CS6 that you don't have in recent versions of AE do you need :) ?
  • Been loving this plugin and using it all the time, but there's one thing that's a bit annoying: how the license is handled. Every once in a while a error message pops up saying "license too old", forcing the user the prompt the serial number again. That's a bit frustrating, is there a way to avoid this? Regular softwares don't require you to provide the serial all the time. Except this, awesome plugin.
  • Been loving this plugin and using it all the time, but there's one thing that's a bit annoying: how the license is handled. Every once in a while a error message pops up saying "license too old", forcing the user the prompt the serial number again. That's a bit frustrating, is there a way to avoid this? Regular softwares don't require you to provide the serial all the time. Except this, awesome plugin.

That was a bug in an early version that has been fixed. Please update to the latest version and you won't experience this issue anymore.