• I have installed the trial version on a Mac, and I can't get it to show up in either After Effects or Media Encoder. Should it automatically show up as a render setting?
  • I have installed the trial version on a Mac, and I can't get it to show up in either After Effects or Media Encoder. Should it automatically show up as a render setting?
    Hi Christopher
    Are you sure you have the latest version 1.11.0 ? So that it appears in Adobe 2024 / v24
    Please download again to update automatically !

• Is anyone able to advise whether aftercodecs for AE, on a windows PC, is able to export h265 (HEVC) with alpha preserving for OSX/iOS safari playback compatibility? After days of research and trying different methods on windows, and also an m1 OSX with shutterencoder, handbrake etc (in methods that i'm sure should've worked - ticking the box!), the only way to get suitable export is by me utlimately having to buy compressor from the appstore!
  • Dan Tonks said:
    Is anyone able to advise whether aftercodecs for AE, on a windows PC, is able to export h265 (HEVC) with alpha preserving for OSX/iOS safari playback compatibility? After days of research and trying different methods on windows, and also an m1 OSX with shutterencoder, handbrake etc (in methods that i'm sure should've worked - ticking the box!), the only way to get suitable export is by me utlimately having to buy compressor from the appstore!
    Hi Dan,
    This way of having transparency in H265 / HEVC is not usual, only Apple does this, so for now it's not implemented in AfterCodecs. However, this could be a good feature idea for later ! Don't hesitate to contact us to tell us why you want to do this this way so we understand better your needs
  • I installed the AfterCodecs rendering plug-in. After exporting, and then selecting other ae project files, it will display [Failed to open document, "After Effects" cannot open files in the format of "After Effects Project". 】When I uninstalled this plug-in, the problem disappeared and I was very angry.
  • I installed the AfterCodecs rendering plug-in. After exporting, and then selecting other ae project files, it will display [Failed to open document, "After Effects" cannot open files in the format of "After Effects Project". 】When I uninstalled this plug-in, the problem disappeared and I was very angry.
    Hi Xinning Yang,
    Thank you for telling us about this issue. We will troubleshoot it via email !
  • Hey,
    Just download a trial version on PC for AE 2024, install it and plugin just doesn't shown up in format list, otherwise in AE at all, just cant find it.
  • Hey,
    Just download a trial version on PC for AE 2024, install it and plugin just doesn't shown up in format list, otherwise in AE at all, just cant find it.
    Hi Timur,
    Please contact us ! It's supposed to work. Maybe we need to reset your preferences
  • Any plan for AV1 export?
  • Any plan for AV1 export?
    We're preparing the feature, but keep in mind this is a complex codec that takes a lot of time to encode. Please contact us and tell us why you need this feature !
  • Hello I bought this long ago when you first launched, to the point where when I click on AfterCodecs in my purchases on AEScripts it takes me to a 404 error page. I downloaded the trial and input my license key, and it accepted it. However when I render in Media Encoder I am limited to 500 frames. I recall previously being able to use this with Premiere, AE, and Media Encoder. Am I missing something?
  • Hello I bought this long ago when you first launched, to the point where when I click on AfterCodecs in my purchases on AEScripts it takes me to a 404 error page. I downloaded the trial and input my license key, and it accepted it. However when I render in Media Encoder I am limited to 500 frames. I recall previously being able to use this with Premiere, AE, and Media Encoder. Am I missing something?

Hi Spencer,

Yes, AfterCodecs has always been separated into three licenses, one for each Adobe software.

Maybe you were on trial and didn't notice it back then, or maybe you were using H264 720p which is unlimited and free, so there was no limitation for you at that moment (and it's still free for H264 720p !)