• We are not using this forum anymore and will only troubleshoot in support tickets
  • I have an issue when I am creating a HAP file with audio the render creates a video and audio file seperatly, I assume to merge them together later and delete the temp audio file, but instead it is deleting the entire render. Any ideas on how to make this work?
    I had the same issue. It seems like my old presets won't render with audio. Even just clicking on the preset to change the settings and not changing anything so it says Custom: name_or_preset fixes it. So I modified nothing and saved that as a new preset.

I get going through support tickets, but I'd think answering questions like that here would cut down on the number of support tickets as I almost put one in myself before figuring out the solution.
  • Joe Clay said:

I had the same issue. It seems like my old presets won't render with audio. Even just clicking on the preset to change the settings and not changing anything so it says Custom: name_or_preset fixes it. So I modified nothing and saved that as a new preset.

I get going through support tickets, but I'd think answering questions like that here would cut down on the number of support tickets as I almost put one in myself before figuring out the solution.
    Every case is unique so we need you to contact us via support ticket. If you read this forum you will see we answer everyone. But using the forum is not the best way to fix issues. In general all bugs are fixed in upcoming release so you don't need to read forums
  • Every case is unique so we need you to contact us via support ticket. If you read this forum you will see we answer everyone. But using the forum is not the best way to fix issues. In general all bugs are fixed in upcoming release so you don't need to read forums
    I'm sorry if you thought I meant you're not helping people. I was just saying that if this is a general thing (i.e. you need to update your presets) it might be easier for you to also note that here. So we don't have to bother you and can get the issue resolved quicker.

I didn't see it noted in the notes and the issue persisted through the last two updates for me. So if anyone else has that issue, they should try that.

Thanks for being active in fixing issues. I know how much of a pain it is dealing with their changes.
  • Joe Clay said:
    Every case is unique so we need you to contact us via support ticket. If you read this forum you will see we answer everyone. But using the forum is not the best way to fix issues. In general all bugs are fixed in upcoming release so you don't need to read forums
    I'm sorry if you thought I meant you're not helping people. I was just saying that if this is a general thing (i.e. you need to update your presets) it might be easier for you to also note that here. So we don't have to bother you and can get the issue resolved quicker.

I didn't see it noted in the notes and the issue persisted through the last two updates for me. So if anyone else has that issue, they should try that.

Thanks for being active in fixing issues. I know how much of a pain it is dealing with their changes.
    I didn't get the issue was only from presets. So now that you've redone the preset it's working fine ?
    You're right about posting a message here it is useful if it is a general issue
  • If you could open a support ticket to help me debug this it would be great
  • We have a new youtube tutorial to help you Batch Export individuals clips from Premiere Pro in a few clicks !
  • Can you guys tell me why no compatibility with AE CS6 ?
    cause im still using this version for now.
  • Because it is not compatible yet
  • Hello,

how can i activcate the AfterCodecs 1.8.1 for Desktop app?

I already own the complete Adobe AC Suite... thanks for helping here!

Edit: it shows the tab "Encoding (Demo)" - so its still a demo?
  • Hello,

how can i activcate the AfterCodecs 1.8.1 for Desktop app?

I already own the complete Adobe AC Suite... thanks for helping here!

Edit: it shows the tab "Encoding (Demo)" - so its still a demo?
    Hi Gavin,
    Demo only means it's not going to encode anything, not that it's a trial. If you have a better word I'm open to change :)

There is no feature yet for AfterCodecs for Desktop so no license yet. What would you need?
  • I get an error when I try to download the newest version from my download section on the site:

Platform: After Effects
    License Type: Single User License

JT
  • Hi, I am interested in speeding up render efficiency at scale. We're using aerender via CLI - is AfterCodecs supported by aerender version of AE and what might the RStemplate argument look like to select AfterCodecs h.264? 

Thanks - really hoping AfterCodecs is the ticket for my usecase!
  • Max Tkacz said:
    Hi, I am interested in speeding up render efficiency at scale. We're using aerender via CLI - is AfterCodecs supported by aerender version of AE and what might the RStemplate argument look like to select AfterCodecs h.264? 

Thanks - really hoping AfterCodecs is the ticket for my usecase!
    Hi Max,
    Yes sure you first create your RQ item template in the AEfx GUI and then you use aerender. If the template is called "aftercodecs" for example you would do  -OMtemplate "aftercodecs"
    Please open a support ticket for more discussion about this
  • Suggestion: Add presets for popular social media sites, like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. They would be a useful addition to the YouTube preset. Thank you.
  • Suggestion: Add presets for popular social media sites, like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. They would be a useful addition to the YouTube preset. Thank you.
    Hi Bob. The YouTube profile should be good for Facebook Twitter and Instragram. Unless you have other requirements... ?
  • Last update is considered a virus detection: Trojan:Script/Oneeva.A!ml any details on this please ?

• Last update is considered a virus detection: Trojan:Script/Oneeva.A!ml any details on this please ?

Would you have more information, a screenshot of your Anti Virus ?
  • It's a false positive of course

Could you try with the latest version 1.9.3 ? https://www.autokroma.com/AfterCodecs/Download/
  • New link works fine and not getting same error, the warning was from windows defender

Thx

Last update is considered a virus detection: Trojan:Script/Oneeva.A!ml any details on this please ?

Could you try with the latest version 1.9.3 ? https://www.autokroma.com/AfterCodecs/Download/

• Thanks for testing Randy ! Weird those false positives...
  • Is it possible to support CS6 applications ?
    Or is there a way to mod/edit something - which is unsupported?
    Thanks!
  • As already said here multiple times, no
  • When export video in 12 bits ? Thank you 
  • Hello.
    Since few weeks I can't make any render from AE using Autokroma Codec. Please Help.
    I have this error all the time:

• As always, please open a support ticket we can't debug with you here: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • As always, please open a support ticket we can't debug with you here
    Ok done. I sent ticket
  • Bought this for Media Encoder to export in Quicktime .MOV using the H.264 preset. Doesn't seem to work, Media Encoder just encodes the first 10 seconds and skips file when using AfterCodecs. Very frustrating and disappointing- contacted them about getting a refund.
  • Bought this for Media Encoder to export in Quicktime .MOV using the H.264 preset. Doesn't seem to work, Media Encoder just encodes the first 10 seconds and skips file when using AfterCodecs. Very frustrating and disappointing- contacted them about getting a refund.
    Hi,
    You are running into AfterCodecs trial limitations. It skips all frames after 500 frames
    Regards,
    Antoine
  • Hi, 

I’m trying this out and have had a pixel aspect ratio issue. I wanted to export my videos with the ratio 1, but didn’t get the result I wanted. I might have missed some settings, but can you help me out on this?

Below are the result:

• mp4 h.264 - the pixel aspect ratio comes out as 1.01, so if you put the exported file into your editing application with the ratio ‘1’, it is slightly wider.

• hi, i've just purchased the product now, i am using mp4 render selection but i wonder how i can i reduce the size of the final render bc it bit much big like around 3 min. video 200 mb, if i can reduce so i wont be needing any 3rd party apps to reduce the size. can you please help. thank you.
  • Please open a support ticket to troubleshoot issues
  • There are some good articles on our website that explain how to use AfterCodecs : https://www.autokroma.com/blog/How-to-Export-H264_MOV

https://www.autokroma.com/blog/How-to-Export-H264-8K

With an explanation about the Quality / Bitrate / Filesize and Speed sliders
  • Hi, I've been using the AfterCodecs for a few weeks, and the render time is mindblowing, great job.
    But I noticed that the colors when I export with AfterCodecs is a little washed out compare to the internal .mov export in After Effects, no adjustment in the setting.
    Did I miss something?
    Thank you.
  • Hi, I've been using the AfterCodecs for a few weeks, and the render time is mindblowing, great job.
    But I noticed that the colors when I export with AfterCodecs is a little washed out compare to the internal .mov export in After Effects, no adjustment in the setting.
    Did I miss something?
    Thank you.
    As you can read in this thread we do not use this forum to troubleshoot. Please open a support ticket.

This applies to anyone commenting here. We won't answer you here. 

Please open a support ticket
  • To anyone using this, PLEASE test this first.  Simply output a 100% white mp4 video, then upload it to any media site like Youtube. It will turn grey. Specifically the color range is limited from 255 to 235. It will look fine playing off your HD, but not on any media site.  Even using the specific AfterCodecs Youtube output setting, it will turn grey. When re-downloaded from Youtube, it will then play grey from your media player proving it's NOT a browser/graphics card issue.  It's a color space conversion triggered by re-compression.  It affects all colors, but white is most obvious. H265 works fine, but not H264.  You owe to yourself to test this before purchasing.  I'm having to re-compress a year's worth of video with Adobe Media Encoder (which I hate!) just because it doesn't trigger this color conversion when uploaded.
  • To anyone using this, PLEASE test this first.  Simply output a 100% white mp4 video, then upload it to any media site like Youtube. It will turn grey. Specifically the color range is limited from 255 to 235. It will look fine playing off your HD, but not on any media site.  Even using the specific AfterCodecs Youtube output setting, it will turn grey. When re-downloaded from Youtube, it will then play grey from your media player proving it's NOT a browser/graphics card issue.  It's a color space conversion triggered by re-compression.  It affects all colors, but white is most obvious. H265 works fine, but not H264.  You owe to yourself to test this before purchasing.  I'm having to re-compress a year's worth of video with Adobe Media Encoder (which I hate!) just because it doesn't trigger this color conversion when uploaded.
    Hi Kyle
    Thank you for bringing this point. As discussed by email we will investigate again this issue. The video you redownloaded from Youtube has been recompressed by Youtube, its not from AfterCodecs
  • Redid my tests and it looks fine when exporting from After Effects, no color shifts. Will do more tests to be sure, with Premiere Pro this time
  • Not compatible with After Effects 2021
  • Not compatible with After Effects 2021
    Yes it is, please update https://www.autokroma.com/AfterCodecs
  • Hello
    Is the h265 codec with alpha channel supported by the plugin?
    I need to be able to export from AE to mov with alpha (h265 is the only option for me)

Best 
    Greg
  • Hello
    Is the h265 codec with alpha channel supported by the plugin?
    I need to be able to export from AE to mov with alpha (h265 is the only option for me)

Best 
    Greg
    Hi Greg ! It does not at the moment but thanks for the idea I will think about it. I am also thinking of adding VP8 and VP9 that could support alpha channel. How are you going to use the video afterwards ?
  • Thanks Antoine
    Videos on the web with an alpha channel open up many possibilities!
    WEBM VP9 with alpha would be really great.
    The problem is that it is not supported by the safari browser.
    Safari supports HEVC with alpha channel, users only need a minimum of iOS 13 and macOS Catalina.
    To fully support transparent video on websites, best option would be to have both VP9 and HEVC with alpha channel support.
    This would allow us to use your video encoding plugin for Chrome / Firefox and Safari
    That would be awesome! to be able to use one app to encode to multiple formats

Best Greg

• Thanks Antoine
    Videos on the web with an alpha channel open up many possibilities!
    WEBM VP9 with alpha would be really great.
    The problem is that it is not supported by the safari browser.
    Safari supports HEVC with alpha channel, users only need a minimum of iOS 13 and macOS Catalina.
    To fully support transparent video on websites, best option would be to have both VP9 and HEVC with alpha channel support.
    This would allow us to use your video encoding plugin for Chrome / Firefox and Safari
    That would be awesome! to be able to use one app to encode to multiple formats

Best Greg

Sounds like a good idea. Too bad there is not one standard supported by everyone ! Will look into that
  • After upgrading to AE2021, it longer shows up on my output modules. Tried uninstalling using the uninstaller tool and reinstalling and still can't get it to show up. All files are sitting correctly in Mediacore. Any ideas how to fix this?
  • Dad Fal said:
    After upgrading to AE2021, it longer shows up on my output modules. Tried uninstalling using the uninstaller tool and reinstalling and still can't get it to show up. All files are sitting correctly in Mediacore. Any ideas how to fix this?
    Hi,
    Simply update AfterCodecs to the latest version it should work we added 2021 support recently https://www.autokroma.com/AfterCodecs/Download

Are you in macOS Big Sur with M1 / ARM ?
  • Dad Fal said:
    After upgrading to AE2021, it longer shows up on my output modules. Tried uninstalling using the uninstaller tool and reinstalling and still can't get it to show up. All files are sitting correctly in Mediacore. Any ideas how to fix this?
    Hi,
    Simply update AfterCodecs to the latest version it should work we added 2021 support recently https://www.autokroma.com/AfterCodecs/Download

Are you in macOS Big Sur with M1 / ARM ?
    Thanks! That worked. I am on Win10
  • hello,
    it is a feature request comment.

it is not a codec feature but it is an import and export feature

if it could import and export FBX files this will be great! 

I dont mean the 3d models themselves I mean the camera and the position of the 3d layers and the 3d models as nulls with animations  
  • I have paid for a membership but for some reason the mp4 file format is only exporting 500 frames still!  Please help!