• I have paid for a membership but for some reason the mp4 file format is only exporting 500 frames still!  Please help!  
    Hi Alex
    This is not a membership, not a subscription !
    To license the software you can follow this article https://www.autokroma.com/blog/How-to-License-AfterCodecs

• hello,
    it is a feature request comment.

it is not a codec feature but it is an import and export feature

if it could import and export FBX files this will be great! 

I dont mean the 3d models themselves I mean the camera and the position of the 3d layers and the 3d models as nulls with animations  
    Hi Ahmed, 
    Please send us a message by opening up a support ticket !
  • When trying to render from the render queue, I get an error saying "After Effects error: An unexpected error occurred while exporting a composition. Error Code: 1 Please restart  After Effects and retry the export."

I've tried this several times and reinstalling the plugin but AE simply won't use AfterCodecs for some reason. Have never had an issue until recently. (On MacOS, Big Sur--latest AE and AC installed).
  • When trying to render from the render queue, I get an error saying "After Effects error: An unexpected error occurred while exporting a composition. Error Code: 1 Please restart  After Effects and retry the export."

I've tried this several times and reinstalling the plugin but AE simply won't use AfterCodecs for some reason. Have never had an issue until recently. (On MacOS, Big Sur--latest AE and AC installed).
    Hi Cory
    Thanks for the feedback. Maybe you have the trial and AfterCodecs became unlicensed recently. Could you check that ? Then you would get the error when you reach 500 frames trial. If yes, please license again AfterCodecs

Hi Cory
    Thanks for the feedback. Maybe you have the trial and AfterCodecs became unlicensed recently. Could you check that ? Then you would get the error when you reach 500 frames trial. If yes, please license again AfterCodecs
  • Guys why its not working as hardware rendering with after codecs?
    I have an 8k Camera.. but just use software encoding! awaiting! 

thank you! 
  • Guys why its not working as hardware rendering with after codecs?
    I have an 8k Camera.. but just use software encoding! awaiting! 

thank you! 
    There is encoding on the GPU in newest version of Adobe Premiere Pro. We are studying the possibility of adding this. But for example for some codecs like H264 our encoder is the best one to maximize either the quality or the filesize. One could be faster using a GPU but the quality will downgrade or the filesize will increase compared to software encoding
  • Trying to get it to work in After Effects Beta v22.0. Doesn't seem to work anymore.
  • After Codec is a great and reliable plugin with an easy-to-use interface. I found Voukoder. A free plugin which can render NVENC/Intel QSV encoded mp4 files directly in After effects. It also supports HEVC, ProRes, HAP. But, I believe After Codec files are well optimized. Even better than Adobe.
  • After Codec is a great and reliable plugin with an easy-to-use interface. I found Voukoder. A free plugin which can render NVENC/Intel QSV encoded mp4 files directly in After effects. It also supports HEVC, ProRes, HAP. But, I believe After Codec files are well optimized. Even better than Adobe.

Voukoder is great too ! Voukoder implements GPU encoding of H265 and H264, if you need quick files without excellent quality and to let the CPU be used more by Adobe it could also be a good solution

• Trying to get it to work in After Effects Beta v22.0. Doesn't seem to work anymore.
    Hi ! Please update to version 1.10.5 !
  • Hey Autokroma, first: i love AfterCodecs since i switched to PC! But with Version 1.10.5 i wasnt able to get out mp4 Clips anymore.
    So i had to switch back to an older version. Works fine with the old version.
  • Hello, the plugin is excellent, in the past i had some issues but with newer ae version everything seems perfect.
    My q is: What does the quality of 70 stands for in kbps?

Thanks
  • oli monn said:
    Hey Autokroma, first: i love AfterCodecs since i switched to PC! But with Version 1.10.5 i wasnt able to get out mp4 Clips anymore.
    So i had to switch back to an older version. Works fine with the old version.
    Hi ! Thanks for the nice comment. Your error is weird, could you send us an email with the generated .log in v1.10.5 ?
  • Hello, the plugin is excellent, in the past i had some issues but with newer ae version everything seems perfect.
    My q is: What does the quality of 70 stands for in kbps?

Thanks
    Q slider is for Quality, it won't try to reach a specific bitrate but target a certain visual quality. It is impossible to translate to a bitrate range without more information such as resolution and framerate anyway. If you want to target a bitrate, you have a Bitrate slider !
  • When u release 2.0, will we need to buy a new license? or will it be an updated version of this? otherwise you will act like alex white he release AEVIEWER 2.0 and did so that i had to buy a new license... tell us... please.
  • When u release 2.0, will we need to buy a new license? or will it be an updated version of this? otherwise you will act like alex white he release AEVIEWER 2.0 and did so that i had to buy a new license... tell us... please.
    Hi,
    We don't know yet but we won't let "old" customers (licenses V1) behind.
    For AEViewer 2.0 there is also a free version you can use, that's great
    Hi,
    Ok then... understand... in general, everyone will be f..c..ed we know now. Tnx!
    Then i will not buy, otherwise it will work with AEVIEWER lol... i waiting ACODEC 2.0 then
    Hi,
    Ok then... understand... in general, everyone will be f..c..ed we know now. Tnx!
    Then i will not buy, otherwise it will work with AEVIEWER lol... i waiting ACODEC 2.0 then
    I just said we will not leave customers like you behind, I don't understand your reaction.
    Hi,
    I just said we will not leave customers like you behind, I don't understand your reaction.
    My reaction is experience with aeviewer... and u know what i mean...dont pretend

Tnx for answer we all understand... and will wait 2.0 version for release and ONLY THEN buy it

Your words "I just said we will not leave customers like you behind" - means that you will do so, just make separate product that you need to buy, which i asked about, tnx for answer
  • and u know what i mean...dont pretend

No I don't understand. Please explain.

Your words "I just said we will not leave customers like you behind" - means that you will do so,
    So there is absolutely nothing I could do or say that would make you happy ?

We did not decide on an upgrading policy yet so I cannot make empty promises. But we'll try to be fair as we did with BRAW Studio before ( https://www.autokroma.com/blog/BRAW-Studio-V2-How-To-Upgrade-Source-Settings-Panel/ )
  • How to make after codecs work with adobe media encoder
  • How to make after codecs work with adobe media encoder
    To anyone reading this, AfterCodecs comes in 3 different licenses. For example you will get the 2 others hosts in trial if you buy AfterCodecs for After Effects 
  • I have a lot of problem with color correction from AE to Media Encoder where I need to render png sequence out of AE first then go to Media Encoder to make MP4. Do you think After Codec will solve the color problem?
  • I have a lot of problem with color correction from AE to Media Encoder where I need to render png sequence out of AE first then go to Media Encoder to make MP4. Do you think After Codec will solve the color problem?
    Hi Tanaponn
    You can test the free trial of AfterCodecs limited to 500 frames to test those color accuracy issues. 
  • I understand that your plugin will output a better looking H264 file. However, after uploading to YouTube, won't they still compress it again, which will yield same results are before? I get a lot of gradient banding after uploading my videos to YouTube. I'd be curious to see if your plugin is able to alleviate that problem.
  • I understand that your plugin will output a better looking H264 file. However, after uploading to YouTube, won't they still compress it again, which will yield same results are before? I get a lot of gradient banding after uploading my videos to YouTube. I'd be curious to see if your plugin is able to alleviate that problem.
    Hi Matt. If YouTube can start the compression from a better quality file, it's all for the best. IMO if you can afford you could even upscale from 1080p to 4K and see a gain in quality (I tested it and I like it).

banding is about 8 bit. You could try with ProRes 4444 Light unofficial profile, see if you can have lower banding.

Or H264 10 bpc

Same goes for audio compression, if you can go for WAV, do it
  • And of course you don't need to buy a license to make such test, the free trial of AfterCodecs is limited to 500 frames which you can use to test the upload
  • And of course you don't need to buy a license to make such test, the free trial of AfterCodecs is limited to 500 frames which you can use to test the upload

Thanks so much for your comments Antoine! And I totally forgot about the trial! I will give it a go and see what kind of results I get. I really appreciate it.

Matt
  • How much lighter is 4444 Light with alpha?
  • How much lighter is 4444 Light with alpha?
    Alpha channel stays the same than 4444 and 4444 XQ. It's only the color plane (YUV) that is compressed like 422 / HQ bitrate but with 444 YUV instead. You can test this for yourself with the free trial
  • I normally render my AE projects out of Media Encoder, as it allows me to keep working in AE while rendering in the background. Is there any benefit of purchasing the After Effects version of your plugin as opposed to the Media Encoder version?
  • I normally render my AE projects out of Media Encoder, as it allows me to keep working in AE while rendering in the background. Is there any benefit of purchasing the After Effects version of your plugin as opposed to the Media Encoder version?
    Hi Matt,
    Please contact us via support ticket next time. This forum isn't used anymore.
    AfterCodecs for After Effects should be most of the time faster to render and export. But if you like to render during the night and during the day render while still working on AEfx, I would consider staying with AfterCodecs for Media Encoder
    Hi Matt,
    Please contact us via support ticket next time. This forum isn't used anymore.
    AfterCodecs for After Effects should be most of the time faster to render and export. But if you like to render during the night and during the day render while still working on AEfx, I would consider staying with AfterCodecs for Media Encoder
    Okay thank you so much for the quick response! I will use support ticket next time!
  • Autokroma sure likes that 89 dollar price tag. with multi-frame rendering now in After Effects I will just go with that.
  • Autokroma sure likes that 89 dollar price tag. with multi-frame rendering now in After Effects I will just go with that.
    Whats the link between MFR and AfterCodecs ? You can use both at the same time. If you have feature ideas for AfterCodecs don't hesitate to tell us
  • Are you guys sure that AfterCodecs is working with MFR?

I am using it on AE 2022 and halfway through the render (on all tested comps) it stops and I get this error message:

"After Effects Error: An unexpected error occurred while exporting a composition.
    Error Code: 1
    Please restart After Effects and retry the export."

Using Anubis? Works
    Using AME? Works
    Exporting in AE using a quicktime (or any other for that matter) preset? works.
  • Are you guys sure that AfterCodecs is working with MFR?

I am using it on AE 2022 and halfway through the render (on all tested comps) it stops and I get this error message:

"After Effects Error: An unexpected error occurred while exporting a composition.
    Error Code: 1
    Please restart After Effects and retry the export."

Using Anubis? Works
    Using AME? Works
    Exporting in AE using a quicktime (or any other for that matter) preset? works.
    Hi George,
    AfterCodecs trial will stop after 500 frames (20 seconds at 25 fps)

• Hi, I was about to buy this plugin but while using demo version, I faced this issue:

When I render the clips in .mp4 , the final rendered video seems to have some issues, At first look it seems that file is corrupted because:
    1. It doesn't show any thumbnail
    2. It doesn't play in windows default media player

After that I checked that it does play in VLC. And if I render this video itself in media encoder then the result is completely fine. So now my workflow is:- 
    > rendering the animation in after codecs
    > Re-rendering the exported video in media encoder

Also I tried to select all the 4 exporting options 1 by 1 and found that only Youtube one is working fine and rest all have this same issue. Please check this screenshot. I have rendered same animation in all 4 options.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UVQf7RpungPBivjCpnju5ZOhUkTrW9eG/view?usp=sharing

Please help me out in this. Thanks

• To anyone reading this, we can't help you without the .log file, so that we know what you encoded exactly
  • Hi, I was about to buy this plugin but while using demo version, I faced this issue:

When I render the clips in .mp4 , the final rendered video seems to have some issues, At first look it seems that file is corrupted because:
    1. It doesn't show any thumbnail
    2. It doesn't play in windows default media player

After that I checked that it does play in VLC. And if I render this video itself in media encoder then the result is completely fine. So now my workflow is:- 
    > rendering the animation in after codecs
    > Re-rendering the exported video in media encoder

Also I tried to select all the 4 exporting options 1 by 1 and found that only Youtube one is working fine and rest all have this same issue. Please check this screenshot. I have rendered same animation in all 4 options.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UVQf7RpungPBivjCpnju5ZOhUkTrW9eG/view?usp=sharing

Please help me out in this. Thanks

Please contact us. Most probably you enabled YUV 444 which is not compatible with Windows Media Player, you need to put Quality < 95 and YUV auto
  • Why does youtube H264 format make my video color degraded? despite choosing the highest quality
  • Why does youtube H264 format make my video color degraded? despite choosing the highest quality
    Please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/
  • When I render with audio at the end my mp4 has no audio. Can you help me with this?
  • When I render with audio at the end my mp4 has no audio. Can you help me with this?
    Please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/
  • When I try to export through After Codecs, I render for a while but always gets stuck half way and gives me an Error Code 1.

I DID opened a ticket, weeks ago, support is horrible! 
  • This "error" can pop up when AfterCodecs is running in trial mode, the output file will still be valid and limited to 500 frames, it's not a real world error.

We will change this behavior in a future update
  • I wonder if you guys intend to implement WEBM + Alpha channel exporting from aftercodecs? I think would be super useful for transparent web video. Let me know, and thank you for your great work on this. :)
  • I wonder if you guys intend to implement WEBM + Alpha channel exporting from aftercodecs? I think would be super useful for transparent web video. Let me know, and thank you for your great work on this. :)
    Bonjour Frederique !
    Yes we do plan to add support for WebM with Alpha. We'll start with only WebM no alpha, then work on adding Alpha support