• Cam Vokey said:
    Curious about Estimated file sizes for files in AME. It seems like it still reads the original codec I'm converting from. original file = 3.3GB, estimate = 3.3GB, final file size = 1.1GB. 

I'm also curious about bitrate + filesizes in general. I remember Hap Alpha being a little lighter weight back when you could export it natively (I.e., a 45 second 2048x2048 files @ Hap+A using AfterCodecs = 1.1GBs). The bitrate should be approx 50 Mbps according to this thing here, so this file should be about 282 Megabytes.  
    Hello. Please open a support ticket to dicuss this more in depth. File size esmation does not depends on source codec but on your content complexity. If you disable Snappy compression the bitrate should be exact. After you enable Snappy compression there's no way to know in advance the final bitrate (the more complex your video the less Snappy will be effective)
    https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Will do
    Cam Vokey said:
    Curious about Estimated file sizes for files in AME. It seems like it still reads the original codec I'm converting from. original file = 3.3GB, estimate = 3.3GB, final file size = 1.1GB. 

I'm also curious about bitrate + filesizes in general. I remember Hap Alpha being a little lighter weight back when you could export it natively (I.e., a 45 second 2048x2048 files @ Hap+A using AfterCodecs = 1.1GBs). The bitrate should be approx 50 Mbps according to this thing here, so this file should be about 282 Megabytes.  
    Hello. Please open a support ticket to dicuss this more in depth. File size esmation does not depends on source codec but on your content complexity. If you disable Snappy compression the bitrate should be exact. After you enable Snappy compression there's no way to know in advance the final bitrate (the more complex your video the less Snappy will be effective)
    https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1

• Not seeing how to access the animated GIF option in after effects. Is it not usable through the render queue?
  • Just installed the update and it still shows as 1.5.1 in AE cc 2019. any advice?
  • And went I went to check the ffkroma there was a 404 error on the website

• Jon Taie said:
    Just installed the update and it still shows as 1.5.1 in AE cc 2019. any advice?
    Please uninstall previous versions and open a support ticket to continue the discussion https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
    Thanks,
    Antoine
  • Not seeing how to access the animated GIF option in after effects. Is it not usable through the render queue?
    It is. It's in AfterCodecs Format Options. Please open a support ticket if you don't find it https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • I uninstalled the old one and manually installed the new version 1.6 - and it worked along with being able to update ffkroma. My advice is not use the installer and do it manually. Thanks!
  • I've been using After Codecs for some while now and love it for doing ProRes on PC, and MP4, HAP... I am trying to use it in Media Encoder and do not see it as an option... what's the trick?

• Jon Taie said:
    I uninstalled the old one and manually installed the new version 1.6 - and it worked along with being able to update ffkroma. My advice is not use the installer and do it manually. Thanks!
    I double checked and didn't see anything wrong with our installer. Glad you sorted out your issue !
  • I've been using After Codecs for some while now and love it for doing ProRes on PC, and MP4, HAP... I am trying to use it in Media Encoder and do not see it as an option... what's the trick?
    Hi Matt,
    Thank you for your nice comment.
    Please check that AfterCodecs is installed in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore
    Thanks,
    Antoine
  • Hey there. I own the AE and AME licenses. I need to update from old versions.
    - Do I need to uninstall the old versions first, and how do I do that on Windows?
    - Do I need to run both the AE and AME 1.6.1 installers?

Thanks!
    - Do I need to uninstall the old versions first, and how do I do that on Windows?

Thanks!

No, you just need to run the new installer.

Thanks!

No, you just need to run the new installer.
    Awesome, thank you :)
  • Hey everyone, 
    So I've run into an issue where I change the encoding settings but it doesn't stay. I have to change it every single time I render a video. Is there not a save option??

Thanks!
    JD
  • Hey everyone, 
    So I've run into an issue where I change the encoding settings but it doesn't stay. I have to change it every single time I render a video. Is there not a save option??

Thanks!
    JD
    Hi JD
    Yes you can save the presets ! It depends on the host. On After Effects you can save output options module and on AME / PPro you can also save presets
  • HI

he does not do alpha? how do I do that ?
  • HI

Yes AfterCodecs does Alpha. You need to select "RGB + Alpha" in AE or tick the "Export Alpha Channel" in PPro / AME and select a codec that supports Alpha channel (prefixed with [A] in the list of codecs)

• THANKSSSS
    HI

Yes AfterCodecs does Alpha. You need to select "RGB + Alpha" in AE or tick the "Export Alpha Channel" in PPro / AME and select a codec that supports Alpha channel (prefixed with [A] in the list of codecs)

• Hi AfterCodecs, despite selecting RGB + alpha, as well as Millions of colors+, and having ffkroma installed I am unable to render out anything with an alpha channel via AfterCodecs. The error I'm getting is; error code = 109, message = T., line = 596.,WriteFileERROR_BROKEN_PIPE. I will also put in a support ticket.
  • Greetings,
    Does AfterCodecs make it possible to import an mkv file?
    Thanks for your time.
  • Greetings,
    Does AfterCodecs make it possible to import an mkv file?
    Thanks for your time.
    Hello,
    AfterCodecs is an exporter plugin not an importer so you cannot import MKV (yet).
    Thanks
  • [error occured while encoding, log file avalaible at 
    please always send this. log file when filing a bug report
    Height cannot be odd!!]

Hello, 
    I've been using your codec that I've purchased from After Effects, and I'm having issues exporting the mp4 file using the codec.
    I keep getting an error message saying that "an error occured while encoding and that the height cannot be odd." I've attached the screenshot of the error message for your reference. Could you let me know why I keep getting this message and how I can resolve this?
    Thank you and let me know if you have any questions!

• It's as it says. Depending on the codec you choose and quality slider you cannot have the height odd (more info here  https://aescripts.com/aftercodecs). And I need a .log to give you more information
    [error occured while encoding, log file avalaible at 
    please always send this. log file when filing a bug report
    Height cannot be odd!!]

Hello, 
    I've been using your codec that I've purchased from After Effects, and I'm having issues exporting the mp4 file using the codec.
    I keep getting an error message saying that "an error occured while encoding and that the height cannot be odd." I've attached the screenshot of the error message for your reference. Could you let me know why I keep getting this message and how I can resolve this?
    Thank you and let me know if you have any questions!

• Does this support or plan to support WebM codec? I am having issues with the third party one from fnord and was wondering if this might be a better option.
    Whenever I try to export with alpha and a glow effect using my current one it puts colored noise all over the rest of the comp.

• Does this support or plan to support WebM codec? I am having issues with the third party one from fnord and was wondering if this might be a better option.
    Whenever I try to export with alpha and a glow effect using my current one it puts colored noise all over the rest of the comp.
    Hi Charles, Yes WebM VP9 VP8 are planned. I would be glad to test your issue if you send me some samples files to reproduce !
  • Is there a way to set H264 / H265 mp4s to have CBR? In the same way you have this option in Media Encoder?

THANKS
  • Is there a way to set H264 / H265 mp4s to have CBR? In the same way you have this option in Media Encoder?

THANKS
    Hi Matthew,
    Of course, did you try clicking on "Bit Rate" ?
  • Great plugin. Quick question, can you adjust the audio bitrate in AfterCodecs? 
  • Great plugin. Quick question, can you adjust the audio bitrate in AfterCodecs? 
    Hi Daniel,
    Thank you for your nice comment !
    You can't adjust audio bitrate as of now, but I've planned to add it soon enough
    Hi Daniel,
    It has been added to AfterCodecs 1.7.1 :) . Please update and try it !
  • Hi. If I purchase AME version, I'll be able to export .mp4 from AE and PR, using AfterCodecs? Does the render speed slower than AE from AME?
    Thanks.
  • Hi. If I purchase AME version, I'll be able to export .mp4 from AE and PR, using AfterCodecs? Does the render speed slower than AE from AME?
    Thanks.
    Hi Rubens,
    Yes you'll be able to export both from PPro and AEfx by sending your projects / AE compositions to Media Encoder and using only AfterCodecs for Media Encoder. Yes it's a little bit slower than direct AE rendering but at least you can use AE while rendering
  • Hi, 
    i am testing the Alpha export in mp4 /mov in the 1.7.3  (Current version), i am selecting the RGB+Alpha in the video out. 
    when importing the file back again in AE, the alpha channel appears black !!! am i doing something wrong?

• Hi, 
    i am testing the Alpha export in mp4 /mov in the 1.7.3  (Current version), i am selecting the RGB+Alpha in the video out. 
    when importing the file back again in AE, the alpha channel appears black !!! am i doing something wrong?

Hi Mazen,
    You need to select a codec compatible with Alpha Channel. For example ProRes or HAP
  • Any way this would work on CS6?

• Any way this would work on CS6?
    Not yet, sorry
  • Hi, MP4 render is failing continuously, what am I doing wrong?
  • Hi, MP4 render is failing continuously, what am I doing wrong?
    You can't render Alpha channel with H264
  • Boy, sure would love this as an OFX Plugin/Filter.....To get some excellent renders using aftercodecs in other hosts, apart from premiere, After Effects and Media Encoder.
  • Boy, sure would love this as an OFX Plugin/Filter.....To get some excellent renders using aftercodecs in other hosts, apart from premiere, After Effects and Media Encoder.
    Hi Steve,
    For example where ? How could a filter render a whole video ?
  • Hi there,

I've installed After Codecs as per the instructions. It is not showing up in the Composition window. How can I fix this?

• What version of After Effects are you using ? Would you have a screenshot ? Please open up a support ticket
    Hi there,

I've installed After Codecs as per the instructions. It is not showing up in the Composition window. How can I fix this?

Hi Steve,
    For example where ? How could a filter render a whole video ?
    For example an OFX version, that would work in both Vegas Pro and DaVinci Resolve ...... I did not imply for a filter to render a whole video!... What i was simply saying is to have this tool compatible with the two NLE i previously mentioned. That would be so handy,
  • Yeah but they don't seem to have released an SDK... Contacted both of them they don't seem to care
  • Hello!
    I have bought this plugin for a long time and am using it.
    Very satisfied.
    When exporting a file on windows from AE, the sound is only stereo or mono.
    Can you fix this to export from 6 or more channels of audio? Studios ask for 5.1 sound or more.
    Or write a more advanced plugin? I think that he would be in great demand on Windows
  • Hello!
    Very satisfied.
    Can you fix this to export from 6 or more channels of audio? Studios ask for 5.1 sound or more.
    Or write a more advanced plugin? I think that he would be in great demand on Windows
    Hi Alexander. That's a great idea. There's no way to do it in the official SDK. But I could find a workaround with a script / panel.
    The issue is that you would need to re organize your composition to be able to say which audio track is which channel from 5.1 (L C R Ls Rs LFE channels).
  • Hello!
    Very satisfied.
    Hi Alexander. That's a great idea. There's no way to do it in the official SDK. But I could find a workaround with a script / panel.
    The issue is that you would need to re organize your composition to be able to say which audio track is which channel from 5.1 (L C R Ls Rs LFE channels).
    Hello! I need up to 16 audio tracks. ))) Stereo master, 5.1, Stereo M&E, 5.1, 5.1 M&E, voices. Or can I release this using the AEmpeg plugin?
  • Hey guys, 
    I'm on AE 16.1.2 and whenever I launch AfterCodec from the Render Queue menu to adjust the settings, it's crashing AE. It's done it 4 times already. Any suggestions?
  • Hello!
    Very satisfied.
    Hello! I need up to 16 audio tracks. ))) Stereo master, 5.1, Stereo M&E, 5.1, 5.1 M&E, voices. Or can I release this using the AEmpeg plugin?
    Hi Alexander
    Please open a support ticket to discuss this :) !