• Yeah--seeing color shift in latest version of Prores HQ--pretty unacceptable.
    Hi Lance,
    Could you please file a bug report about that ?
    Thanks
  • I will be glad to file one. But are you saying that you are not aware of an issue?
  • Yes I am aware I have been testing all week and am working on this right now. It is always good to have multiple reports from different computers.
  • I don't see the 25% off being being removed from price?  I've added it to the cart but it isn't changing the price.  Is there a way to see the reduction?
  • I don't see the 25% off being being removed from price?  I've added it to the cart but it isn't changing the price.  Is there a way to see the reduction?

The intro sale ended on Apr 20.
  • Is 4096 px the biggest you can render in HAP?

If this is the case, the plugin wont be useful to us...
  • Is 4096 px the biggest you can render in HAP?

If this is the case, the plugin wont be useful to us...
    Hi Francis,

AfterCodecs is not limited to 4096, and yes HAP can handle huge resolutions above 4096x4096 pixels.

There is a bug in PPro / AME where you cannot exceed 4096 in resolution for an unknown reason. If that happens to you, try to remove the AfterCodecs presets, remove all the AfterCodecs plugin, restart the computer, and re install AfterCodecs.

Antoine
  • How are we coming along on fixing the plug-in to eliminate huge color shifts in Prores HQ.  If it is going to take a while longer, I think it would be appropriate to mention the issue prominently so that buyers, like me of the product will know up front that, at least right now, it does not work as advertised.
  • How are we coming along on fixing the plug-in to eliminate huge color shifts in Prores HQ.  If it is going to take a while longer, I think it would be appropriate to mention the issue prominently so that buyers, like me of the product will know up front that, at least right now, it does not work as advertised.
    Yes I will put a note about it.
    If you keep your footage on Adobe CC 2018 on Windows you shouldn't have the color shift. We can continue to talk about that on the bug ticket if you want.
    Antoine
  • Hi,

This plug in looks great! Will it support Hap Q with Alpha eventually?

Thanks,

Chris
  • Hi,I have some problem here

after use this plugin render the video(in AE).
    the final video come out black.

how can I fix it?
  • Hi,I have some problem here after use this plugin render the video(in AE). the final video come out black. how can I fix it?
    Open a support ticket.
  • Hi,

This plug in looks great! Will it support Hap Q with Alpha eventually?

Thanks,

Chris
    No because Hap Q Alpha is not implemented in ffmpeg
  • Hi,
    I've been doing some side-by-side tests with the Hap codecs.  I have content which has a lot of blue gradients in it which isn't ideal.  
     Using Quicktime to make a HapQ gives me a 400meg file that looks pretty good.  But if I render exactly the same thing to HapQ using AfterCodecs I get a file that is about 120meg with very visible banding and other poor colour artefacts.  Disabling snappy compressions makes the file 900meg but no changes in quality.  The banding and blockiness is too bad for us to use.
    If I use AfterCodecs to render to plain Hap (no Q) then the file is about 58 meg but looks much better than the HapQ file which is double the size.  So something's not quite right...
     Just wondering why the difference?  I am using the latest version of After Codecs with the latest version of FFMpeg.  Looking forward to ditching Quicktime but right now it's giving us better results.
    When I import the renders back into AE, the project panel shows the codec as "Lavc57.107.100 hap".
  • Hi, How to set AfterCodecs.mp4 as outputmodule template
  • Hi,
    I've been doing some side-by-side tests with the Hap codecs.  I have content which has a lot of blue gradients in it which isn't ideal.  
     Using Quicktime to make a HapQ gives me a 400meg file that looks pretty good.  But if I render exactly the same thing to HapQ using AfterCodecs I get a file that is about 120meg with very visible banding and other poor colour artefacts.  Disabling snappy compressions makes the file 900meg but no changes in quality.  The banding and blockiness is too bad for us to use.
    If I use AfterCodecs to render to plain Hap (no Q) then the file is about 58 meg but looks much better than the HapQ file which is double the size.  So something's not quite right...
     Just wondering why the difference?  I am using the latest version of After Codecs with the latest version of FFMpeg.  Looking forward to ditching Quicktime but right now it's giving us better results.
    When I import the renders back into AE, the project panel shows the codec as "Lavc57.107.100 hap".
    Hello,
    Yes Snappy shouldn't change the quality, only the size and cpu time to compress / decompress.
    Will try to see what I can do about the HAP codec name into AE.
    Would like to discuss about quality comparison in a bug ticket :)
    Thanks !
  • Hi, How to set AfterCodecs.mp4 as outputmodule template
    Hi, Just like any other output module. You click Edit and you can choose AfterCodecs .mp4 or AfterCodecs .mov
  • I just downloaded the trial version and each time I attempt a render AE crashes.
  • I just downloaded the trial version and each time I attempt a render AE crashes.
    Hello, I am fixing a bug right now. Fill a bug ticket about AfterCodecs and I will send you a working version !
    Is fixed in 1.3.6 !
    I just downloaded the trial version and each time I attempt a render AE crashes.
    Hello, I am fixing a bug right now. Fill a bug ticket about AfterCodecs and I will send you a working version !

• Did not find a better place to ask this...

Bought three liscences for AFX, I now realized I need the full adobe  versions... Any chance I can pay the difference?
  • Did not find a better place to ask this...
    In a bug ticket https://aescripts.com/contact
  • Hi - is it a different installer for Premiere and AE? Or does buying one license work for both applications?

• Hi - is it a different installer for Premiere and AE? Or does buying one license work for both applications?

It's the same install but you need separate licenses for each platform
  • Any chance of adding VP9 support? Setting it up in ffmpeg is a pain.

Thanks!
  • Hello,

I was using this a while back with no problem. My two new machines it doesn't work with. I get the following error messag. Any Ideas?

• Hello,

I was using this a while back with no problem. My two new machines it doesn't work with. I get the following error messag. Any Ideas?

Hello could you fill a new bug ticket about this ? Please also send the .log
    Thanks !
  • Any chance of adding VP9 support? Setting it up in ffmpeg is a pain.

Thanks!
    Yes we can discuss this in a bug ticket if you want: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • I have 2 questions,

1) When I buy 1 license, am I able to install that on my Work PC and my Home PC? Am I able to have both active at the same time? or do i need to switch licenses?

2) Does AfterCodecs support BG Render Pro?

Thanks!
    Evan
  • I have 2 questions,

1) When I buy 1 license, am I able to install that on my Work PC and my Home PC? Am I able to have both active at the same time? or do i need to switch licenses?

2) Does AfterCodecs support BG Render Pro?

Thanks!
    Evan
    1) The license allows for the software to be installed on up to two computers as long as they are not being used at the same time. If you need to install it on more than two computers or use them at the same time you will need additional licenses.

2) Yes
  • i download ver trial, but not render free for 720p (my comp only 1280x720), it render 500 fps, 
    how render ver trial for free with 720p, thanks
  • i download ver trial, but not render free for 720p (my comp only 1280x720), it render 500 fps, 
    how render ver trial for free with 720p, thanks
    Hello please fill a new bug ticket about this
  • hello there. i bought after codecs for ae in july 2017. would i get any discount when buying the new versions for Premiere and Media encoder?
    thanks.
  • hello there. i bought after codecs for ae in july 2017. would i get any discount when buying the new versions for Premiere and Media encoder?
    thanks.
    Hi Sebastian, We don't offer this kind of discount but buying two of them (PPro + AME) you would get 10 % off Antoine
  • Every time im getting to the step where a password should be typed in the application crashes. Here is the report:

• Every time im getting to the step where a password should be typed in the application crashes. Here is the report:

Open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Just purchased the bundle. Works (picturewise) good so far... but for the audio-side: any chance to get stereo pairs when outputting multichannel sequences (ProRes HQ) ? Right now, when exporting 14 channels I get 14 mono channels, not 7 stereo, which is what I would need...
  • Just purchased the bundle. Works (picturewise) good so far... but for the audio-side: any chance to get stereo pairs when outputting multichannel sequences (ProRes HQ) ? Right now, when exporting 14 channels I get 14 mono channels, not 7 stereo, which is what I would need...
    Hi Thomas,
    Please open a support ticket to discuss about this here it's not very convenient.
    Thanks
  • Hi,
    Since Premiere Pro uses AME for it's exports, why are there separate licences for them?
  • Is it possible to export ProRes with Rec.2020 color profile instead of default (Rec.709)?
    And could I change x264/x265 color bit depth to 10 -bit even 12-bit?
    Because I want to export HDR video with After Effects
    Thank you
  • Hi,
    Since Premiere Pro uses AME for it's exports, why are there separate licences for them?
    You can export from Premiere Pro with the AfterCodecs Premiere Pro license, if you need both PPro and AME then you need also the AfterCodecs Media Encoder license
  • Is it possible to export ProRes with Rec.2020 color profile instead of default (Rec.709)?
    Thank you
    Hi. Yes we can discuss this in a new ticket about AfterCodecs if you want (I think 12 bpc is in x265 not x264)
  • No way to use aftercodecs in premier pro cc 2018
    I can't figure out where it works, not from export media...where about?
  • No way to use aftercodecs in premier pro cc 2018
    I can't figure out where it works, not from export media...where about?
    Hello I have answered you in the bug ticket did you receive it ?
  • I reinstall the exe
    by now everything it looks good
    but I'm still rendering a ProRes HQ 5.1, hopefully it'll work
    thanks mate
    Thank you
    Hi. Yes we can discuss this in a new ticket about AfterCodecs if you want (I think 12 bpc is in x265 not x264)
    Thank you very much!
  • Hello
    I heard AfterCodecs has an issue wit the HAP codec, namely the inability to output files that have either width or height being non-divisible by 4.
    Is this true? 
    This didn't use to be a limitation when Media Encoder supported Hap.

Thanks