• Hello
    I heard AfterCodecs has an issue wit the HAP codec, namely the inability to output files that have either width or height being non-divisible by 4.
    Is this true? 
    This didn't use to be a limitation when Media Encoder supported Hap.

Thanks
    Hello,
    Yes this is true !
    We will work on non divisible by 4 resolutions later but at the moment it is a requirement (HAP works with GPU textures which groups pixels by 4x4 blocks for compression)
  • Hi,
    Rendering h264 .mov files out of ME2017 doesn't include the timecode track. Is there an option to turn this on? 
    Thanks
  • Bryan Cua said:
    Hi,
    Rendering h264 .mov files out of ME2017 doesn't include the timecode track. Is there an option to turn this on? 
    Thanks
    Hello Bryan,
    Could you fill a bug ticket about this with the video sample about .log file ?
    Is your timecode supposed to be 00:00:00 ?
    Thanks
  • Bryan Cua said:
    Hi,
    Thanks
    Hello Bryan,
    Could you fill a bug ticket about this with the video sample about .log file ?
    Is your timecode supposed to be 00:00:00 ?
    Thanks
    Which log file? The media encoder log file?
    Our timecode format is HH:MM:SS:FF if that's what you're asking. 

• Bryan Cua said:
    No the log file generated by AfterCodecs (to be enabled in the Settings tab)
    Currently it doesn't put any timecode if the timecode is zero that's why I was asking (I fixed that for the next version)

• Bryan Cua said:
    No the log file generated by AfterCodecs (to be enabled in the Settings tab)
    Currently it doesn't put any timecode if the timecode is zero that's why I was asking (I fixed that for the next version)
    Ok I've submitted a support ticket. 
    Looking at the the log file, I don't see any mention of the timecode stream.
    And no, the timecode is an arbitrary timecode which does not start at hour 0.
  • Bryan Cua said:
    Didn't receive it, did you select "AfterCodecs" in the product list ?
    Thanks
  • Bryan Cua said:
    Didn't receive it, did you select "AfterCodecs" in the product list ?
    Thanks
    Looks like I skipped over that drop-down menu. I just resent.

• Would it be possible to add a "GIF" export with a next release ?
    (The GifGun plugin is not very practical when it comes to use the render queue witch is killing my workflow)

• Would it be possible to add a "GIF" export with a next release ?
    (The GifGun plugin is not very practical when it comes to use the render queue witch is killing my workflow)
    Hi Guillaume
    Yes I will think about that. I need to do more testing first. We can talk about that by opening a support ticket if you want
    Cheers
    Antoine
  • Hi there!  I'm finding that when I use a program like RV to view the shots that have been rendered with After Codecs, the metadata in the shots always seems to make the first frame of the video Frame 01.  99% of the time we leave the After effects default on as Frame 00.  So when I make notes to an artist using annotations in RV or Shotgun, or just manually note a specific frame, the frame offset caused by the export using After Codecs is a problem.  Anything rendered without After Codecs starts at Frame 00, while After Codecs shots start at Frame 01, so I have to minus a frame from the frame I am noting. Not sure if this is something you can fix?

One other thing; I've noticed that After Codecs seems to drop frames from our shots on occasion.  Like if I export on a PC using After codecs and the exact same shot on a MAC without After Codecs, sometimes the After Codecs version will be a frame short.  Not sure why.  

Thanks For your help!

• Hi Mike,
    Could you open a support ticket ? It would be better if you have AfterCodecs file and the .log file generated also (enable this settings in the Settings tab of AfterCodecs) and "normal" files for comparison
    Thanks !
    Antoine
  • I found mistake in representation of colors on ProRes422...I exported some masters for Mitsubishi, and colors of car from AfterCodecs ProRes is different then in After Effects comp - wine red is orange....So be carefull in this cases and please, fix this issue is it possible :(

Thanx!
  • Jan Gryc said:
    I found mistake in representation of colors on ProRes422...I exported some masters for Mitsubishi, and colors of car from AfterCodecs ProRes is different then in After Effects comp - wine red is orange....So be carefull in this cases and please, fix this issue is it possible :(

Thanx!
    Hello Jan,
    Please open a support ticket with maximum information and AfterCodecs log file and we will fix this
    Thanks
  • Jan Gryc said:

Also please update AfterCodecs to the latest version before sending output and log files.
    Thanks !
  • Having problems with install. Trying to setup ffmpeg but the zip won't work, it keeps saying Invalid File, like the there's now ffmpeg.zip. Not sure what's going on. When I try to do a manual download the page where the zip would be downloaded from is 404. Please advise.
  • I have it installed but am having trouble applying the license. I get an error that says other products have been applies but not this one? Also something about needing FFMpeg, but I am unable to download them using the manual button. My internet is really locked down.
  • Having problems with install. Trying to setup ffmpeg but the zip won't work, it keeps saying Invalid File, like the there's now ffmpeg.zip. Not sure what's going on. When I try to do a manual download the page where the zip would be downloaded from is 404. Please advise.
    Maybe the Install Readme pdf given in the archive is not clear enough, I will update it in next versions !
    Please click the Manual Download button, download the zip and unzip both .exe (on Windows, or binaries without extensions if you're on OSX) in the folder that opens when you click the "ffmpeg folder" button
    Or you can download the Installer.exe and use it it will install automatically ffmpeg ! https://autokroma.com/AfterCodecs/
    I have it installed but am having trouble applying the license. I get an error that says other products have been applies but not this one? Also something about needing FFMpeg, but I am unable to download them using the manual button. My internet is really locked down.
    See response to Orme Dominique.
    Please open a support ticket for your first issue
  • 1. I can't play exported ProRes 444 with quicktime or MPC - what do I need to play it?
    2. Is it possible to have AfterCodecs for DaVinci Resolve I will buy this plug-in on an instant. :D even with higher price :D
  • I can't play exported ProRes 444 with quicktime or MPC - what do I need to play it?
    I think VLC from version 3 is able to play ProRes 4444 but not ProRes 4444 XQ
    I recommend using djv_view for real time playback and frame by frame scrubbing : http://djv.sourceforge.net/

Is it possible to have AfterCodecs for DaVinci Resolve I will buy this plug-in on an instant. :D even with higher price :D
    Yes that's a good idea, maybe for later ;)
  • I'm having issues when exporting using the h264 youtube setting with the latest version. Audio track is not exported.
    I get this error log 
  • I'm having issues when exporting using the h264 youtube setting with the latest version. Audio track is not exported.
    I get this error log 
    Hello Yaniv,
    Please open a support ticket about that with maximum information ! (from which application is the log from ?)
    Thanks
  • Thanks god for AfterCodecs for win10. 
  • Hi there,

We're having an urgent issue. It's not accepting the Floating Licenses we have purchased. Can you please confirm how to install these?
  • Thanks god for AfterCodecs for win10. 
    Thank you !

Hi there,

We're having an urgent issue. It's not accepting the Floating Licenses we have purchased. Can you please confirm how to install these?
    We have answered you in the support tickets
  • I'm assuming you're going to have an update for CC2019 that was just launched? 

• I'm assuming you're going to have an update for CC2019 that was just launched? 
    Yes we will !
  • when? we're in the middle of a huge encoding job
  • when? we're in the middle of a huge encoding job
    Did you update to CC 2019 in the middle of this process ?

• Any word on the update to 2019?
  • Hi Antoine. I'm having an issue with AC for AE wherein ProRes 4444 won't render properly, and files come out at 1KB. Also, there's a very slight color shift from the original media. My project settings are 16Bit, HDTV (Rec. 709), 8K, trying to render to Trillions (no alpha) ProRes 4444.
  • Any word on the update to 2019?
    It was updated on the 20th of October :)

Hi Antoine. I'm having an issue with AC for AE wherein ProRes 4444 won't render properly, and files come out at 1KB. Also, there's a very slight color shift from the original media. My project settings are 16Bit, HDTV (Rec. 709), 8K, trying to render to Trillions (no alpha) ProRes 4444.
    Answering you on support ticket system !
  • Hi - I'm using the trial version to see if it suits my needs, however, I'm running into a consistent crash while rendering the trial 720p mp4.  I'm using AE 2018 and I'm testing with a 4k, uncompressed Quicktime video that is roughly 40 seconds in length.  The render fails around the halfway point.  Any help would be appreciated.

It would also be worth updating your youtube tutorial video to reflect the most recent changes and UI updates.

Thank you for the help.
  • Hi - I'm using the trial version to see if it suits my needs, however, I'm running into a consistent crash while rendering the trial 720p mp4.  I'm using AE 2018 and I'm testing with a 4k, uncompressed Quicktime video that is roughly 40 seconds in length.  The render fails around the halfway point.  Any help would be appreciated.

It would also be worth updating your youtube tutorial video to reflect the most recent changes and UI updates.

Thank you for the help.
    Hello,
    Please open a support ticket ! It's the best place to discuss your issue and fix it
  • Hi guys, please check the ticket I've sent. Serial not working on Media Encoder 2019

Thanks
  • hi, since yesterday afterCodecs creates a logfile, does anybody know why and how i can disable this function? 
  • hi, since yesterday afterCodecs creates a logfile, does anybody know why and how i can disable this function? 
    Hello
    Yes I am fixing this there should be an update in the coming days.
    Please re download again AfterCodecs and reinstall it ! It should be written Build 260 in the About tab and it will be fixed

Thanks,

Antoine

Please re download again AfterCodecs and reinstall it ! It should be written Build 260 in the About tab and it will be fixed

Thanks,

Antoine

thank you, this update solved the log file issue, have a nice day
  • Hi there, 

I need to export a h.264 at 5200x1300 from premiere. Is this possible with aftercodecs? 

• Hi there, 

I need to export a h.264 at 5200x1300 from premiere. Is this possible with aftercodecs?
    Hello James,
    There is a free 500 frames trial for you to try. H264 with such resolution should work, however it is going to use a High profile (not compatible with old software like Quicktime Player 7)
  • Hello.
    Do you have plan to add Quicktime .MOV with PNG codec?
    Your plugin is awesome. If it would be just this one more codec also, It would be champion plugin for me!

I ask because I looking for transparent background for my movies. MOV with animation codec take huge amount of file size.

• Hello.
    Do you have plan to add Quicktime .MOV with PNG codec?
    Your plugin is awesome. If it would be just this one more codec also, It would be champion plugin for me!

I ask because I looking for transparent background for my movies. MOV with animation codec take huge amount of file size.

Hi
    Please open a support ticket to talk about that, we can't discuss properly here
    Thanks
    Antoine
  • Can the AfterCodecs license be used on the two machines allowed by CC or do I need an additional license for my secondary, render machine?

• Can the AfterCodecs license be used on the two machines allowed by CC or do I need an additional license for my secondary, render machine?

The license allows for the software to be installed on up to two computers as long as they are not being used at the same time. If you need to install it on more than two computers or use them at the same time you will need additional licenses.

Alternatively, you can purchase floating licenses which are fully dynamic but can also only be used by one user at a time.
  • I've tried the trial and it works great.  Just one question - Will the licenced version need my computer connected to the internet to do the final exporting?
  • I've tried the trial and it works great.  Just one question - Will the licenced version need my computer connected to the internet to do the final exporting?

No it does not
  • A Problem: The menu window doesn't appear on my 2nd screen, so I have to restart my AE.
  • Aruys Nil said:
    A Problem: The menu window doesn't appear on my 2nd screen, so I have to restart my AE.
    Hello
    Did you try SHIFT+ESC ? Is it on Windows or OSX ? Please open a support ticket to discuss this it's more convenient https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
    Thanks
  • Curious about Estimated file sizes for files in AME. It seems like it still reads the original codec I'm converting from. original file = 3.3GB, estimate = 3.3GB, final file size = 1.1GB. 

I'm also curious about bitrate + filesizes in general. I remember Hap Alpha being a little lighter weight back when you could export it natively (I.e., a 45 second 2048x2048 files @ Hap+A using AfterCodecs = 1.1GBs). The bitrate should be approx 50 Mbps according to this thing here, so this file should be about 282 Megabytes.