• Hi, 

I seem to have a problem with the app.  I seem to find a box around the layer I applied deep glow.  
  • Hi, 

I seem to have a problem with the app.  I seem to find a box around the layer I applied deep glow.  
    Hi Pach

That doesn't sound good. Could you please open a support ticket and provide a screenshot of the issue to help diagnose it? https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Same problem, a box around with a cross and the effect does not work.

I have already sent a ticket

Please help me
  • Same problem, a box around with a cross and the effect does not work.

I have already sent a ticket

Please help me
    Have you registered the plugin?
  • I'm getting After Effects error 25::237 when using the plugin on a shape layer. I have it unmulted, and I didn't know if there was anything else I should do. Running version 1.2.
  • I'm getting After Effects error 25::237 when using the plugin on a shape layer. I have it unmulted, and I didn't know if there was anything else I should do. Running version 1.2.

please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Hello. I just come here to thank you so much for create this amazing plugin. This is exactly what I need about glow over years. The algorythm of Deepglow is very accurate. It knows exactly where need glow and how need glow. Like a 3D renderer glow system. Thank so much and keep trying more cool stuff. ;)
  • David Kup said:
    Hello. I just come here to thank you so much for create this amazing plugin. This is exactly what I need about glow over years. The algorythm of Deepglow is very accurate. It knows exactly where need glow and how need glow. Like a 3D renderer glow system. Thank so much and keep trying more cool stuff. ;)
    So glad to hear that David, glad you're enjoying it!
  • Faced the same issue, that Dan Sollis had (about noise on the background). For some reason his work-around didn't work for me (Levels in RGB mode just changing color, and in alpha mode it "eats" the glow along with the noise. I've found out that disabling dithering clears the noise, but there goes another issue: i'm using pre-rendered HUD elements with alpha, which later have to be composed on footage, and when i disable dithering something reeeeeally wierd happening to their alpha's (some unexplainable line appeard on glow). Any suggestions? 
  • Faced the same issue, that Dan Sollis had (about noise on the background). For some reason his work-around didn't work for me (Levels in RGB mode just changing color, and in alpha mode it "eats" the glow along with the noise. I've found out that disabling dithering clears the noise, but there goes another issue: i'm using pre-rendered HUD elements with alpha, which later have to be composed on footage, and when i disable dithering something reeeeeally wierd happening to their alpha's (some unexplainable line appeard on glow). Any suggestions? 
    Hi Maxim

There is a known issue with the dithering currently. This has been addressed but we're just testing that update to make sure it's stable. Could you please submit a ticket with the strange artefacts you're receiving regarding the alphas? This will help us diagnose the cause. https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1 Thanks.
  • I have the same issue so an update here would be appreciated. I’m using the Paint tool to create ‘Neon’ looking animations. The glow is ‘blocky’. The default AE glow looks better. As this was bought yesterday and is not providing me with a satisfactory result - may i have a refund in this instance? Thanks in advance
  • I have the same issue so an update here would be appreciated. I’m using the Paint tool to create ‘Neon’ looking animations. The glow is ‘blocky’. The default AE glow looks better. As this was bought yesterday and is not providing me with a satisfactory result - may i have a refund in this instance? Thanks in advance
    Hi Tatum

We've received a few similar comments and have just released a version (1.2.3) to resolve this issue. Please give it a try and if it doesn't produce great results for you then you're welcome to a refund. 
  • is there any way to control the amount of noise? (would like more noise)
  • is there any way to control the amount of noise? (would like more noise)
    Hi Andrew

Yes, under the quality tab -> Dither you can control the amount and type of noise. 
  • Just a general comment - I think the threshold system could use a bit of work. 

This plugin gives a *fantastic* look, but just recently I was trying to use the glow on a starfield and it seems like the threshold for tiny white spots on a black field is just too much of a fine line for the plugin. No matter what threshold (or otherwise) settings I change, it just flickers constantly. Every frame it completely changes up what stars it wants to count as "within threshold" even though it's a single frame change and really no visual change at all. 

Just maybe something to work on? Thanks!
  • Just a general comment - I think the threshold system could use a bit of work. 

This plugin gives a *fantastic* look, but just recently I was trying to use the glow on a starfield and it seems like the threshold for tiny white spots on a black field is just too much of a fine line for the plugin. No matter what threshold (or otherwise) settings I change, it just flickers constantly. Every frame it completely changes up what stars it wants to count as "within threshold" even though it's a single frame change and really no visual change at all. 

Just maybe something to work on? Thanks!
    Hi Zach

Thanks for your feedback. You probably already tried this, but if you are dealing with very fine detail such as tiny stars or fine lines, the downsampling may need to be maxxed at 100%. If you tried that and it was still flickering, could you please open a support ticket with the project file  so I can use it to improve the thresholding for the next update?
  • I love this but it's missing an RGB mix for the glow which would also be appreciated.
    Other than that, a solid plug in! 9/10
  • Jake Lutz said:
    I love this but it's missing an RGB mix for the glow which would also be appreciated.
    Other than that, a solid plug in! 9/10
    Hi Jake

Thanks for your suggestion, would you mind elaborating a bit on the RGB mix functionality? There is a tint function but I guess it's not what you're looking for. 
  • Hi,
    I have just bought Deep Glow. It shows up when I apply it to shape layer inside After Effects, but the glow is missing when I render via Media Encoder. Any tips?
  • Hi,
    I have just bought Deep Glow. It shows up when I apply it to shape layer inside After Effects, but the glow is missing when I render via Media Encoder. Any tips?
    Hi Andy

Deep Glow is compatible with AME. I'd try restarting both applications and trying again. If it still doesn't work could you please submit a support ticket and we'll do our best to diagnose the issue asap. 
  • Heya! I have been using Deep Glow since it's release and I just encountered a very weird issue. I have a 32-bit EXR render straight out of Blender which I would like to apply glow to. I have my project setup for 32-bit and when I apply the glow giant black spots appear in all the brightest areas of the image. I tried switching the project to linear, all it did was make the black spots turn to blue and yellow spots. Of course switching the project to 16-bit fixes the issue, but now I lose all my dynamic range I had.

I can't find a particular fix for this, so until then I am going to have to resort to Blender's glow in it's compositor to achieve the results I need. Albeit without some of the features I love from Deep Glow.
  • Heya! I have been using Deep Glow since it's release and I just encountered a very weird issue. I have a 32-bit EXR render straight out of Blender which I would like to apply glow to. I have my project setup for 32-bit and when I apply the glow giant black spots appear in all the brightest areas of the image. I tried switching the project to linear, all it did was make the black spots turn to blue and yellow spots. Of course switching the project to 16-bit fixes the issue, but now I lose all my dynamic range I had.

I can't find a particular fix for this, so until then I am going to have to resort to Blender's glow in it's compositor to achieve the results I need. Albeit without some of the features I love from Deep Glow.
    Hi Joshua

Apologies for this. We're aware of this issue and have fixed it in v1.4. You can download a pre-release here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hwtkcfcbmhio1if/Deep_Glow_v1.4.zip?dl=1

Hi Joshua

Apologies for this. We're aware of this issue and have fixed it in v1.4. You can download a pre-release here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hwtkcfcbmhio1if/Deep_Glow_v1.4.zip?dl=1
    Hey James! The new v1.4 build fixed my issue. Thank you so much!
  • Love it! This just might be better than Sapphire's S_Glow. Two thumbs up.
  • Love it! This just might be better than Sapphire's S_Glow. Two thumbs up.
    Thanks Jason, I'm so glad you are enjoying it! More features to come.
  • Hi there, working with this plugin at a studio, hands down the best glow out there, love all the features.
    One thing that I've come across though: when I apply Deep Glow to a layer or precomp with alpha channel, and render to png 16bit (project also 16bit), for some reason there are color values everywhere across the images, and not just where the glow is happening. the unmult option is active, not sure why that is happening. file size for a 3200x1800px png render is 40mb! maybe you guys can shed some light on this issue, thanks!
  • Hi there, working with this plugin at a studio, hands down the best glow out there, love all the features.
    One thing that I've come across though: when I apply Deep Glow to a layer or precomp with alpha channel, and render to png 16bit (project also 16bit), for some reason there are color values everywhere across the images, and not just where the glow is happening. the unmult option is active, not sure why that is happening. file size for a 3200x1800px png render is 40mb! maybe you guys can shed some light on this issue, thanks!
    Hi Miro

Thanks for your kind words! I suspect those colour values are due to dithering being enabled, which minimises banding. However there is a slider to choose the exact amount of dithering under quality, so it can be removed entirely.
    Hi Miro

Thanks for your kind words! I suspect those colour values are due to dithering being enabled, which minimises banding. However there is a slider to choose the exact amount of dithering under quality, so it can be removed entirely.

Hey there, thanks for the fast reply! That did solve the problem indeed, if only I would have know about this sooner haha! My thoughts are that maybe this feature should be disabled by default, since it's kind of hidden in there, but that's just my two cents. Thanks again!
  • Hello, I am thinking of buying this plugin but I'm concerned about how glows look and act when on lighter backgrounds. All of the screenshots are on black/dark backgrounds. Can I use this plugin on say a white BG?

Will the glow fade still work? Thanks.
  • Hello, I am thinking of buying this plugin but I'm concerned about how glows look and act when on lighter backgrounds. All of the screenshots are on black/dark backgrounds. Can I use this plugin on say a white BG?

Will the glow fade still work? Thanks.
    Hi Theunis

On a white background you probably won't see much. Here's an example on a 50% white background:
    Also please feel free to download the free trial which is fully functional, it just has a watermark.
  • Just looking at v1.4 on a project that previously used 1.2 and the look is totally different. With 1.2, the colours has a glow and in 1.4, those same colours appear to be white and much "hotter"/blown out. Is there a setting I can turn on to get the previous results?
  • Wade Ha said:
    Just looking at v1.4 on a project that previously used 1.2 and the look is totally different. With 1.2, the colours has a glow and in 1.4, those same colours appear to be white and much "hotter"/blown out. Is there a setting I can turn on to get the previous results?
    Hi Wade

In versions prior to v1.3, the blend mode simply determined how the input was blended back over the glow result, screen or add. However that wasn't very intuitive so the blend setting was updated to have it determine how each iteration of glow is blended together (including the input being blended with the glow result). Is your hotter/blown out result using additive blending? If so I would try screen and it should be back to the previous result. 
  • Is there any way to fix the error in Catalina? The plugin doesn't load due to Mac saying that it can't verify that it's not malware.
  • Is there any way to fix the error in Catalina? The plugin doesn't load due to Mac saying that it can't verify that it's not malware.
    Hi Chris

The v1.4 update was supposed to address this issue. Could you please confirm you're using v1.4? If so and this issue persists please comment back. 
  • Wade Ha said:
    Just looking at v1.4 on a project that previously used 1.2 and the look is totally different. With 1.2, the colours has a glow and in 1.4, those same colours appear to be white and much "hotter"/blown out. Is there a setting I can turn on to get the previous results?
    Hi Wade

In versions prior to v1.3, the blend mode simply determined how the input was blended back over the glow result, screen or add. However that wasn't very intuitive so the blend setting was updated to have it determine how each iteration of glow is blended together (including the input being blended with the glow result). Is your hotter/blown out result using additive blending? If so I would try screen and it should be back to the previous result. 
    Changing between Add & Screen doesn't get any closer to the original result, unfortunately. The project was using Screen mode (Deep Glow) w/ Normal blending on the layer mode itself.

1.4 appears to be biased towards white? Instead of averaging the colours, it appears to be grabbing the few hotter areas that are close to white and making them glow as white, which really sticks out. Whereas in 1.2, they were more green/blue (the average colour of the glow) which looked a lot more natural in the shot.

• Wade Ha said:
    Wade Ha said:
    Hi Wade

Changing between Add & Screen doesn't get any closer to the original result, unfortunately. The project was using Screen mode (Deep Glow) w/ Normal blending on the layer mode itself.

1.4 appears to be biased towards white? Instead of averaging the colours, it appears to be grabbing the few hotter areas that are close to white and making them glow as white, which really sticks out. Whereas in 1.2, they were more green/blue (the average colour of the glow) which looked a lot more natural in the shot.

That is a big difference. I'd say that this disparity was probably introduced in the v1.3 overhaul as many things were changed. For this reason we have all the previous versions available for download for legacy projects. Another thing that caused some confusion was that the threshold went from a default of 50% to 0%, meaning that now every pixel contributes to the glow, leading to a less vibrant, more desaturated look. Although I don't think this is relevant to your example as this just affected the default values, and you are opening up an older project.  
  • Is there a reason the trial wouldn't be working in Mac OS Catalina? I keep getting an error saying it can't verify that it's not malware. When I approve the app in mac settings it crashes AE. 
  • Is there a reason the trial wouldn't be working in Mac OS Catalina? I keep getting an error saying it can't verify that it's not malware. When I approve the app in mac settings it crashes AE. 
    Same error w licensed version. AE immediately crashes as soon as you apply the effect.

Using Catalina 10.15 and AE 16.1.3 (CC 2019)
  • Hi, Deep Glow never failed me before but it seems like one of the recent AE or GPU drivers updates affected it, or it's something else, but now I get some random black blocks filled with NaN pixels as a result, this makes it unusable. Please fix.
    Windows 10, AE 2019 and 2018 both
  • Hi, Deep Glow never failed me before but it seems like one of the recent AE or GPU drivers updates affected it, or it's something else, but now I get some random black blocks filled with NaN pixels as a result, this makes it unusable. Please fix.
    Windows 10, AE 2019 and 2018 both
    Hi Kira

My apologies. Could you please open a ticket here as this is the best way to ensure we find a prompt fix to the issue: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1362
  • Hello, I just purchased plugin.

The 1.49 version crashes AE instantly on MacOS Catalina. Is there a fix? :)

Hi Midge

Sorry about that. Just checking if you're running version 1.4, as v1.4.1 specifically addresses this issue.

Hi Midge

Sorry about that. Just checking if you're running version 1.4, as v1.4.1 specifically addresses this issue.
    Hey James,

Sorry about that. I just checken it is version 1.4.1. that I'm running and it still crashes. I'm on AE 2020.

Hi Midge

Hey James,

Sorry about that. I just checken it is version 1.4.1. that I'm running and it still crashes. I'm on AE 2020.
    Ah! Could you please submit a support ticket, providing the following information: Operating system and computer system specs? That will help us to resolve the issue faster. Thanks!
  • If I started a project with v1.0 and then open it on a system with v1.4 the glow is way too intense? How can I make them match exactly?
  • If I started a project with v1.0 and then open it on a system with v1.4 the glow is way too intense? How can I make them match exactly?
    Hi Carlos
    There are older legacy versions available for download if that helps. Otherwise, the blending modes implementation has changed between those two versions so I would suggest setting it to screen and that should help. Let me know how you go.
  • Could someone tell me if my GPU is sufficient for this plugin? AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2GB - Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
  • Invalid Filter error on plugin install. After Effects 2020. Any help on this?
  • how can i get the glow to work with media encoder?
  • Could someone tell me if my GPU is sufficient for this plugin? AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2GB - Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
    Hi Matteo

Yes, both GPU's will suffice with the AMD being preferable.