• I can't install this plugin in my After Effects 2024, just in After FX 2023.
    What should I do to install it in After Effects 2024?

in the aescripts + aeplugins manager app (https://aescripts.com/learn/aescripts-aeplugins-manager-app/), right-click and select 'Custom Installation' and make sure you are installing into the same version of After Effects that you are using. Please restart after installing.

• Hi there. I love this effect and would like to achieve the same effect with different logo, if I buy plugin where I could get the project so I could replace logo with new logo without hours of tweaking with plugin?

• One of the greatest addons ever made for After Effects. The beautiful glow it creates gives my renders a global illuminated feel. Thank you, Plugineverything.
  • One of the greatest addons ever made for After Effects. The beautiful glow it creates gives my renders a global illuminated feel. Thank you, Plugineverything.
    Our pleasure, glad you're enjoying it :)
  • Suddenly having lots of issues with pixelation on MP4 export. Tried pre-comping, removing all other effects, exporting in super quality. Using most up to date software.
    Hi David

Could you please open a support ticket and attach an example so we can get to the bottom of this?
  • I really love this! 

Is there a way to adjust the default settings? I want to disable Dithering by default because it increases render times so much. I have this 4k precomp on 32 bpc with alpha, it renders the precomp in 1.65s with dithering, and 1.08 without.

It also affects render times of another layer that I use for stencil luma (700ms or 2ms), I assume it's because the glow layer is dithered even in the fully transparent areas.

In other usecases, the speed difference is about the same, pretty large.

I often do custom dithering on problematic footage anyway, so I'd like it to be disabled by default. I understand the reasons for enabling it by default! (is there a config/preference file?)

(M1 pro 32gb, everything up to date)
  • Hi!  Long time user, first time caller.  

First, for anyone considering buying this plugin but is on the fence, save yourself the time and buy the thing!  I got this for a particularly glow heavy project 3 years ago and now use it in nearly everything I do.  All the examples shown are beautiful and big and fun, yes, but some of it's best work is in it's subtlety.  Starting with Lumetri Color to grade the footage, then throw just a dash of this seasoning on it, seriously talking small amounts for exposure and range, and I've been able to recreate the looks of half a dozen old music videos for a client.

Now, to my question/request: Several times I've come across the need to do a lens flare with more than one axis, specifically an X but for reference I'd say anything like the James Webb Space Telescope's 3 axis.  At a later point in the video above I had one.  So I set two instances of it and set the aspect axis for each to different angles then played with the exposures to get one that looked like just one instance, which doubles the time to render the effect and doesn't quite maintain color accuracy. In this case I also ran Lumetri in the stack but had to put it after which took my per frame time to 4-5 sec vs if I could have run Lumetri first it would be 1.5-2.5 sec.  Worth it for the final result for sure.

The question is: Was there an option to create an aspect that has multiple axis within one instance?  If not, is this a feature you'd consider adding in the future?  

I imagine there has to be a more efficient way to do it instead of running multiple instances of the effect, both on resources and in accuracy.

You guys rule.  I've got almost every plugin you make now and'll probably end up with the others by the end of this next project.  Thanks a ton!