• how can i get the glow to work with media encoder?
    Hi Andreas

This is a known issue and Adobe has fixed the error in the latest public beta of Adobe Media Encoder. 
  • Hello, I can't seem to be able to use a mask to have a glow travel across a layer. 

Setting the mask mode to None, the plugin no longer uses the mask. If I set the mask to Add, the source is masked out.

Mask None:

Mask Add:
  • Hello, I can't seem to be able to use a mask to have a glow travel across a layer. 

Setting the mask mode to None, the plugin no longer uses the mask. If I set the mask to Add, the source is masked out.

Mask None:

Mask Add:
    Hi Craig

Thanks for the screenshots. You'll need to use another layer as a mask rather than one on the current layer. Also the mask layer should be set to continuous rasterization for the transforms to line up. Hope that helps, let me know if you have any issues. 
  • Hi 

I recently purchased this plugin (it is great by the way) but have found that it causes issues when trying to export from After Effects.

I spent half a day trying to fix the issue before deleting the deep glow plugin and reverting to AE built in glow effects which fixed everything.

Is this something that will be addressed, otherwise I am unable to use the plugin.

If there is no fix, how do I apply for a refund as it is currently unusable.

Many thanks
    Dave
  • Hi, the glow does not extend past the source layer boundaries:

"Do it with and adjustment layer." This affects all layers underneath along with adding comp cruft.

"Create the source layer with excess buffer space." I guess?

"Precomp it." Not very elegant. The stock AE glow plugin does it, why not Deep Glow?

Is there another way I might have missed? I REALLY want to use DG, it looks fantastic.
  • Hi, the glow does not extend past the source layer boundaries:

"Do it with and adjustment layer." This affects all layers underneath along with adding comp cruft.

"Create the source layer with excess buffer space." I guess?

"Precomp it." Not very elegant. The stock AE glow plugin does it, why not Deep Glow?

Is there another way I might have missed? I REALLY want to use DG, it looks fantastic.
    Hi Craig

You're right, this should either have a param to increase buffer expansion or just do it automatically. I'll make a note of that for the next version. The only suggestion I can offer is to continuously rasterise the layer, which as you say will require a precomp since it's a .png
  • Hi, I'm trying to use deep glow on an adjustment layer, with a scatter effect to break it up. When I add the scatter effect the comp goes black. Is there a way to break up the glow at all?

Or I get this error, "After Effects error: invalid image buffer size (64000x64000);  (37::102)
  • Hi, I'm trying to use deep glow on an adjustment layer, with a scatter effect to break it up. When I add the scatter effect the comp goes black. Is there a way to break up the glow at all?

Or I get this error, "After Effects error: invalid image buffer size (64000x64000);  (37::102)
    Hi Ryan

I've tried to recreate the buffer error but wasn't able. Could you please open a ticket and send me a reduced .aep demonstrating the issue? Hopefully that will allow me to offer a solution. Alternatively you can email me at [email protected]
  • Hi!
    Nice pluggin but why it slows down so significantly previsualisation in After? With a lot of layers with this effects, it's barely usable... :(
    I'm working on a solid hardware though.
  • Fab Fab said:
    Hi!
    Nice pluggin but why it slows down so significantly previsualisation in After? With a lot of layers with this effects, it's barely usable... :(
    I'm working on a solid hardware though.
    Hi Fab

Ideally the plugin will be placed on one adjustment layer rather than individually on each layer, but I totally understand that sometimes you need really fine control and a separate copy of the plugin on each layer. My suggestion is to play with the quality controls since there are many options and hopefully you'll be able to find a compromise between quality and speed. 
  • Hi

I purchased a single license a while ago and the plugin has been working fine, until recently where After Effects keeps telling me the maximum number of users has been reached and I need a new license. I am the only one with access to this account and I haven't given anyone else the serial number. Do you know why this keeps happening to me? 

Thanks

Georgie
  • Hi

I purchased a single license a while ago and the plugin has been working fine, until recently where After Effects keeps telling me the maximum number of users has been reached and I need a new license. I am the only one with access to this account and I haven't given anyone else the serial number. Do you know why this keeps happening to me? 

Thanks

Georgie
    Hi Georgie

I'm not sure why this is happening, but something that should resolve the issue is using the aescripts manager app and de-activiating/reactivating the license. If the issue persists, please open a support ticket and I'll investigate further for you.

• Hello 
    I bought a render-only license of Deep Glow for one of my slave machine, but I cannot find any information on how to license it.
    I have placed it in the AE plugins folder of my slave machine, but when I try to apply it to a layer in After Effects on the slave machine to access the license information I get an error message saying...

After Effects error: invalid filter
    ( 25 :: 3 )

I assume that is the right workflow?

I access the slave machines with Remote Desktop. We are on Win 10
    Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
    Ken
  • Hello 
    I bought a render-only license of Deep Glow for one of my slave machine, but I cannot find any information on how to license it.
    I have placed it in the AE plugins folder of my slave machine, but when I try to apply it to a layer in After Effects on the slave machine to access the license information I get an error message saying...

Thanks
    Ken
    Hi Ken

We have had some other users report the same error message when using remote desktop. Unfortunately the only workaround is to use a different remote connection software. Sorry about that.
  • Hello 

Thanks
    Ken
    Hi Ken

We have had some other users report the same error message when using remote desktop. Unfortunately the only workaround is to use a different remote connection software. Sorry about that.
    Managed to sort out the problem by running this thing from Nvidia on the slave machine (https://developer.nvidia.com/designworks), appears to be an OpenGL accelerator tool for developers, but it does the job. I guess you need to have an Nvidia card in the slave machine for this to work, but it solved my problem.
  • Hello 

Thanks
    Ken
    Hi Ken

Managed to sort out the problem by running this thing from Nvidia on the slave machine (https://developer.nvidia.com/designworks), appears to be an OpenGL accelerator tool for developers, but it does the job. I guess you need to have an Nvidia card in the slave machine for this to work, but it solved my problem.
    Great to know, thanks for the update Ken!
  • Deep Glow is the Frank's Red Hot of mograph. I put that sh*t on everything.
  • Deep Glow is the Frank's Red Hot of mograph. I put that sh*t on everything.
    So glad to hear that Austin ;D
  • Hi, every now and then I need to render out ProRes 4444 with alpha to send to a client. These files are enormous, mainly because of the dithering function in Deep Glow. I don't mind dithering (adding noise) is checked on standard, because it helps with banding, but the plugin is dithering the whole frame and not just the area where the glow is. So if you have a 100px glow, I would like to have only those pixels dithered, and not to have Deep Glow add noise to the entire frame, where often most pixels are empty (100% transparent) like in for instance a shape layer.

edit:
    Thinking more about this, I actually would like the option to have dithering turned off by default.
  • Hi, every now and then I need to render out ProRes 4444 with alpha to send to a client. These files are enormous, mainly because of the dithering function in Deep Glow. I don't mind dithering (adding noise) is checked on standard, because it helps with banding, but the plugin is dithering the whole frame and not just the area where the glow is. So if you have a 100px glow, I would like to have only those pixels dithered, and not to have Deep Glow add noise to the entire frame, where often most pixels are empty (100% transparent) like in for instance a shape layer.

edit:
    Thinking more about this, I actually would like the option to have dithering turned off by default.
    Hi Tony

Thanks for your comment, that makes total sense so I'll implement this in the next update.
  • My deep glow is not working and actually gives my after effects issues. my license #101074256
  • I just want to say thanks for making this fantastic tool. I’m liking the subtle look you can apply with it. It’s a vast improvement over my hand crafted preset I’ve used for years. It’s paid for itself on elements in an animated holiday card I’m wrapping up on. This plugin was obviously a lot of work, I appreciate your efforts and came to ask the exact question I see Tony de Vires asked. To get localized alpha results instead of having to pull a key would be an appreciated addition and improvement.

I do happen to disagree with the notion that having it off by default is better so perhaps that could be a preference of some kind. If that’s even possible it would another improvement.

Thanks again!
  • My deep glow is not working and actually gives my after effects issues. my license #101074256
    Hi Kendall

Can you please submit a support ticket with screenshots of the error or issue? That way we can try to find a resolution.
  • I just want to say thanks for making this fantastic tool. I’m liking the subtle look you can apply with it. It’s a vast improvement over my hand crafted preset I’ve used for years. It’s paid for itself on elements in an animated holiday card I’m wrapping up on. This plugin was obviously a lot of work, I appreciate your efforts and came to ask the exact question I see Tony de Vires asked. To get localized alpha results instead of having to pull a key would be an appreciated addition and improvement. I do happen to disagree with the notion that having it off by default is better so perhaps that could be a preference of some kind. If that’s even possible it would another improvement. Thanks again!
    Thanks for your feedback Beldon. Just confirming, your issue is with the dithering is applied to the whole frame?
  • This plugin is crashing my After Effects (version 17.6 - Mac) constantly.  It used to be very stable but something is unraveling it at the seams.  Any plan for an update anytime soon?
  • This plugin is crashing my After Effects (version 17.6 - Mac) constantly.  It used to be very stable but something is unraveling it at the seams.  Any plan for an update anytime soon?
    Hi Will, sorry about this. Do you suspect the crashing is occuring due to an AE update, OS update, or DG update? To fix the issue my first step is to replicate the crash on my own machine, so any details will help. Also if you could please open a support ticket we can resolve things easier through there.
  • Hey James,

update for 2021 (v18)?
  • Hey James,

update for 2021 (v18)?
    Hi Joshua

Yes we will have an update for MFR compatibility shortly. Are you having any other issues? Some users on certain mac AMD hardware have reported crashes. 
  • Hey James,

update for 2021 (v18)?
    Hi Joshua

Yes we will have an update for MFR compatibility shortly. Are you having any other issues? Some users on certain mac AMD hardware have reported crashes. 
    No just doesn't load with 2021 yet, Adobe updated automatically so serves me right adopting the new AE so quickly ;)
  • Hey James,

update for 2021 (v18)?
    Hi Joshua

No just doesn't load with 2021 yet, Adobe updated automatically so serves me right adopting the new AE so quickly ;)
    Hey Joshua, just uploaded an update. Let me know how that goes. In future if you have any issues please submit a support ticket as that's the easiest platform for me to assist. Thanks. 
  • Hi can we roll back to older version of deep glow  ? the new update just crshes my after effects now :( it used to work before I would love the old version again as I don't have the time just yet to work out why new version doesn't work but still need to use  the older version.
  • Hi can we roll back to older version of deep glow  ? the new update just crshes my after effects now :( it used to work before I would love the old version again as I don't have the time just yet to work out why new version doesn't work but still need to use  the older version.
    Hi Adam

Sorry to hear that. I've just added v1.4.3 to the additional downloads so you can roll back. In future if you have any crashes/issues please submit a support ticket so I can address as soon as possible. Thanks. 
  • Hello,

Why is it that when I add deep glow to a layer and the glow is displayed over an empty canvas (no solid), or displayed over any solid as long as it's not complete #000 black (or close), it will work fine.. but when displayed over black, the glow would end up looking wider, with its edges chopped off even though it's not hitting the layer boundaries? 

It seems like the only way to fix this is to turn off auto detect gamma, and the radius of the glow will look the same if I were to put that same glow over a colored solid. But I just want to understand why a black solid would seemingly increase the gamma of the glow.

I'm also on a similar boat as a few here where I must apply deep glow on specific layers (buttons for a screen mockup) in the project rather than using it on an adjustment layer. The dithering really adds up and ruin the overall look of my project. Is the only way to fix this also to just either turn off auto detect gamma and/or dithering, or is there a better way? 

Thank you so much in advance
  • Hello,

Why is it that when I add deep glow to a layer and the glow is displayed over an empty canvas (no solid), or displayed over any solid as long as it's not complete #000 black (or close), it will work fine.. but when displayed over black, the glow would end up looking wider, with its edges chopped off even though it's not hitting the layer boundaries? 

It seems like the only way to fix this is to turn off auto detect gamma, and the radius of the glow will look the same if I were to put that same glow over a colored solid. But I just want to understand why a black solid would seemingly increase the gamma of the glow.

I'm also on a similar boat as a few here where I must apply deep glow on specific layers (buttons for a screen mockup) in the project rather than using it on an adjustment layer. The dithering really adds up and ruin the overall look of my project. Is the only way to fix this also to just either turn off auto detect gamma and/or dithering, or is there a better way? 

Thank you so much in advance
    Hi Tammy

Thanks for your comment. I'm having trouble replicating the specifics of your question, would it be possible to demonstrate via some screenshots? I think that will help me to understand your question exactly. 

Regarding the dithering, that can be turned off or adjusted via the Quality->Dither options.
  • Really love this script! I use it daily. Just wondering - is there a way to update it so that glows extend beyond a layer's bounds? It'd be great for that to be possible so I can avoid pre-comping. Thx!
  • Really love this script! I use it daily. Just wondering - is there a way to update it so that glows extend beyond a layer's bounds? It'd be great for that to be possible so I can avoid pre-comping. Thx!
    Hi Michael

Currently it's not possible, but that would be handy in a future update. For raster elements that suffer from this bounding issue I right click on the source in the project panel and choose replace with precomp, then it can be set as continuous rasterisation which will eliminate the issue. Does this work for you or does it mess up your workflow?
  • I'm still not able to get this plugin working with Media Encoder. Is there a workaround for this?
  • I'm still not able to get this plugin working with Media Encoder. Is there a workaround for this?
    Hi Michael

Could you please open a support ticket so we can assist as it should definitely work in AME.
  • I am having this weird thing when rendering out video prores 4444 in media encoder it water marks
  • Hello guys,

Am I right in understanding there isn't an option for teams not sharing a server?

We have rotating freelancers working remotely on our projects and would like to stay in control of our serials.
  • Hello guys,

Am I right in understanding there isn't an option for teams not sharing a server?

We have rotating freelancers working remotely on our projects and would like to stay in control of our serials.
    Hi Gordon

Could you please submit a ticket so the licensing admin can answer your query? I am the developer of Deep Glow but am not very knowledgeable on the licensing side of things. 
  • I am having this weird thing when rendering out video prores 4444 in media encoder it water marks
    Hi Garrett

For troubleshooting watermark problems the first step after activation is to purge all disk caches (Edit -> Purge All Media & Disk Cache). Then restart AE (as well as Adobe Media Encoder if you're rendering with that). If you're still having issues, please download the aescripts manager app where you can deactivate/reactivate all licenses, and after that repeat the above steps (purge memory/cache and restart AE + AME). Please let me know if you have any issues or queries via a support ticket. 
  • Hello
    Can I have more information about the render only license, please?
  • Hello
    Can I have more information about the render only license, please?
    Hi Systems. Here's the FAQ regarding the render only license:

As Deep Glow runs almost exclusively on the GPU, please ensure your render nodes have either a discrete GPU, or an integrated GPU. CPU only nodes are not supported. 

If you have any other questions, please open a support ticket so that we can assist.
  • This is a great plugin but the threshold property has an issue where it seems to create incorrect color artifacts when used. Can this please be fixed?
  • This is a great plugin but the threshold property has an issue where it seems to create incorrect color artifacts when used. Can this please be fixed?
    Hi Bureaukrat

Could you please open a support ticket and let me know:
    • which version of Deep Glow you're on
    • if you're using smooth thresholding or not
    That info should help me to address the issue. Thanks. 
  • Hi There!
    How can I solve this bug???

Circle Eye (0-00-05-02).jpg
    480 x 270 - 49K
  • Hunter HP said:
    Hi There!
    How can I solve this bug???

Hi Hunter

Thanks for sending through a screenshot of the problem. That looks like the unregistered watermark. Could you please confirm that when you click register (inside the plugin), that the plugin has accepted your license code? If so, it might just be a caching issue which can be resolved by going edit->purge all disk memory and disk cache. Let me know how you go.
  • Hello there, 

This plugin is amazing but sometimes when i add the effect, I get the error message D returned invalid from max_result_rect pf_cmd_smart_pre_render

Is there a way to solve this ? I tried everything and I happens since months. I think it's something about compatility with other plugins so it's not your fault but I try 

• Hello there, 

This plugin is amazing but sometimes when i add the effect, I get the error message D returned invalid from max_result_rect pf_cmd_smart_pre_render

Is there a way to solve this ? I tried everything and I happens since months. I think it's something about compatility with other plugins so it's not your fault but I try 

Hi Jeoffroy

Apologies. If you receive this error could you please open a ticket and if possible send the .aep so I can diagnose the cause?