• Any word on compatiability with AE 23.0?
    Hi Eddie, all working on AE 23.0 :)
  • Hi, I've recently re-opened a project that I did earlier in the year which featured a lot of Deep Glow in lots of precomps. But on re-opening now with the latest AE and the latest Deep Glow version, the effect seems overly strong in all the comps. What was a subtle glow is now overpowering and I've had to go through and dial all the settings way down.
    Does this sound normal? Or is there somehting else happening here that I'm missing?

Thanks
  • Hi, I've recently re-opened a project that I did earlier in the year which featured a lot of Deep Glow in lots of precomps. But on re-opening now with the latest AE and the latest Deep Glow version, the effect seems overly strong in all the comps. What was a subtle glow is now overpowering and I've had to go through and dial all the settings way down.
    Does this sound normal? Or is there somehting else happening here that I'm missing?

Thanks
    Hi Edward

Apologies for this issue. We were trying to address a bug and ended up changing the visual result. For this reason we have the different versions available to download at the bottom of the Deep Glow page. Do you remember which version you were on previously? 

• Hi Edward

Apologies for this issue. We were trying to address a bug and ended up changing the visual result. For this reason we have the different versions available to download at the bottom of the Deep Glow page. Do you remember which version you were on previously? 

Thanks for this James. I'll stick with the latest and greatest version for now. Just good to know I haven't screwed up some obscure setting somewhere!
  • Is Deep Glow going to be compatible with AE 2023?  I used to use deep glow almost every day but now I can't :(
  • Is Deep Glow going to be compatible with AE 2023?  I used to use deep glow almost every day but now I can't :(
    Hi Vincent

It is compatible with AE 2023. Please use the aescripts manager app to have it installed in the shared folder so all ae versions can access it:

If you are still having trouble, please open a support ticket so we can assist.

Screenshot 2022-11-03 at 5.15.42 pm.png
    1328 x 578 - 136K
  • Hello,
    Will the old error:
    After Effects (Beta) error: D did not initialize max_result_rect in PF_Cmd_SMART_PRE_RENDER
    ( 25 :: 237 )
    get fixed at all soon? It's been bugging(!) me for months now and is somewhat annoying!

I'm on AE 23.1.0x62 (Beta, Windows 10) but the error has been popping up for many months now.

~ Paul
  • I just updated to 1.5.3 and the "After Effects (Beta) error: D did not initialize max_result_rect in PF_Cmd_SMART_PRE_RENDER ( 25 :: 237 )error is still there. Very disappointing having to go back to the AE Glow instead of Deep Glow actually working.
  • I updated to 1.5.3 and now my glows look funky and I can't turn off the unmult or my glows disappear...
  • I updated to 1.5.3 and now my glows look funky and I can't turn off the unmult or my glows disappear...
    Hi Chris
    Apologies for this, could you please open a support ticket so we can address?
  • Hey James
    Is there an option to add the render only licenses to the floating license server?
    We are using deep glow in a very irregular manner, so we bought one floating working license. However, we've 20 machines who could probably render on the job. Right now we would need to register the render licenses locally on each machine. That means, that we also need to manually swap between the local render only license and the floating working license, if someone on another machines decides to use deep glow in its project. That makes the floating license kinda like a single user license, as I need to locally asign it and need to create a list which machine has which license active.
    Thanks!
  • Hey James
    Is there an option to add the render only licenses to the floating license server?
    We are using deep glow in a very irregular manner, so we bought one floating working license. However, we've 20 machines who could probably render on the job. Right now we would need to register the render licenses locally on each machine. That means, that we also need to manually swap between the local render only license and the floating working license, if someone on another machines decides to use deep glow in its project. That makes the floating license kinda like a single user license, as I need to locally asign it and need to create a list which machine has which license active.
    Thanks!

yes, the floating license server accepts render-only licenses, you can buy render-only licenses by choosing them from the license type drop down: https://aescripts.com/deep-glow
    if you need further assistance, please open a Support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • I tried this out, but there is a weird issue with radio waves - it offsets the glow at an angle. I've tried precomposing but nothing seems to fix it.
  • Hi Alex
    Could you please submit a support ticket for this along with a reduced .aep so I can see what's going on here?
  • I tried this out, but there is a weird issue with radio waves - it offsets the glow at an angle. I've tried precomposing but nothing seems to fix it.
    Hi Lachlan

I tried recreating the issue with radio waves and deep glow but I didn't receive the issue you're describing, could you please submit a support ticket regarding this?
  • The Bigg Boss Vote Online allows you to vote easily from anywhere.
  • Hi Craig

We're currently adding this to the next version :)
  • Hello! when will after effects 2023 be supported?
  • Hello! when will after effects 2023 be supported?
    Hi Viktor

Deep Glow is compatible with AE 2023 and apple silicon. We recommend using the aescripts manager app to keep your installations up to date:

If you prefer to install manually and you have the plugins installed in an older version, you can either:
    1. copy them across from the older plugins folder to the new AE 2023 folder
    2. install them into the shared location and this way you only need one copy and they will automatically work in any future installed versions:

Win: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore
    Mac: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore/
  • I am getting an "X" over the rendered .mp4 output when using media encoder.  The plugin is activated, and there is no "X" in the viewport.
  • I am getting an "X" over the rendered .mp4 output when using media encoder.  The plugin is activated, and there is no "X" in the viewport.
    Hi Phillip

Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused. We recommend using the aescripts manager app which will automate registration. From there you can deactivate/reactivate all licenses. If you are already using the aescripts manager, please close all adobe applications, unlicense the product via the manager app, re-license, then open adobe applications (After Effects and Adobe Media Encoder if used). Go to Edit -> Purge All Memory & Disk Cache, and the issue should be resolved. 

If the problem persists, please open a support ticket so we can get to the bottom of the issue.
  • Can you fix this? When the DeepGlow exposure is at 0,0 there is still a bit of glow left! it's not fully turned of. It still creates some alpha.
    I did a 5stop exposure to see the result. But clients that need clean alpha's on first or last frames complain there is still visual pixels left.

Just take a text, add deep glow, set source opacity at 0, exposore to 0, and hover over it with your mouse. Look at the info panel.
    Alpha is still at 1 or 2.
  • Any plan on making the plugin compatible with Apple Silicon M processor?
  • I love Deep Glow and use it on my AE projects all the time. Any chance of a Premiere Pro version? Please?
  • Hi! Will you be releasing a version for 2023?
  • Hey guys.  I've got a project that I just added Deep Glow to.  It previews perfectly but when I render, the effect disappears.  Any suggestions?
  • deep glow is not loading in the new after effects 23.6///. Can you advise?
  • Any plan on making the plugin compatible with Apple Silicon M processor?
    Hi Mario

Yes Deep Glow is Apple Silicon native, if you're having an issue could you please open a support ticket as it should be working and with even better performance over intel. 
  • I love Deep Glow and use it on my AE projects all the time. Any chance of a Premiere Pro version? Please?
    Hi Paul

Thank you. Unfortunately Premiere Pro doesn't support the backend that Deep Glow is built on, but we will be considering this in the future.
  • Can you fix this? When the DeepGlow exposure is at 0,0 there is still a bit of glow left! it's not fully turned of. It still creates some alpha.
    I did a 5stop exposure to see the result. But clients that need clean alpha's on first or last frames complain there is still visual pixels left.

Just take a text, add deep glow, set source opacity at 0, exposore to 0, and hover over it with your mouse. Look at the info panel.
    Alpha is still at 1 or 2.
    Hi Engarde

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We'll be releasing an update in the next few days that will fix this issue.
  • Hello James,
    I love Deep Glow, other than two things:
    1. The glow often produces a flickery result, despite me adjusting all the settings (inc. Quality). It'd be great if there was some kind of temporal filtering that could be applied to smooth out the flickering.
    2. The glow often produces a weirdly over-saturated result, even if the source footage is quite unsaturated. I've tried using the Tint option to remove this to no avail; maybe having an additional 'Luminosity' blending mode (or similar) might alleviate this, so only the brightness of the Tint colour is used for the actual glow? Or maybe an overall Saturation adjustment for the whole effect? I've got around this by putting the Deep Glow effect on its own adjustment layer, and setting that layer's Blend Mode to Luminosity.
    Any chance of seeing something like these in a future release at all possibly please?
  • Hello James,
    1. The glow often produces a flickery result, despite me adjusting all the settings (inc. Quality). It'd be great if there was some kind of temporal filtering that could be applied to smooth out the flickering.
    2. The glow often produces a weirdly over-saturated result, even if the source footage is quite unsaturated. I've tried using the Tint option to remove this to no avail; maybe having an additional 'Luminosity' blending mode (or similar) might alleviate this, so only the brightness of the Tint colour is used for the actual glow? Or maybe an overall Saturation adjustment for the whole effect? I've got around this by putting the Deep Glow effect on its own adjustment layer, and setting that layer's Blend Mode to Luminosity.
    Any chance of seeing something like these in a future release at all possibly please?
    Hi Paul

Thanks for your feedback. Is the flickery result on a source that has fine detail such as thin stroke text/vectors? Threshold smooth should help a bit, and also adding a wide-time to the source and then disabling the source opacity on Deep Glow (so the result is only the glow), and then compositing the original source (not the wide-time) source on top using your chosen blend mode (screen or add). 

As for over-saturated results, the higher the source threshold is the more saturated the glow will be. If you could send me some examples of this I may be able to see what can be done in terms of features or workarounds. 
  • Hello James,
    Hi Paul

Thanks for your feedback. Is the flickery result on a source that has fine detail such as thin stroke text/vectors? Threshold smooth should help a bit, and also adding a wide-time to the source and then disabling the source opacity on Deep Glow (so the result is only the glow), and then compositing the original source (not the wide-time) source on top using your chosen blend mode (screen or add). 

As for over-saturated results, the higher the source threshold is the more saturated the glow will be. If you could send me some examples of this I may be able to see what can be done in terms of features or workarounds. 
    Thanks for getting back to me. I've uploaded one of the comps that was showing the issues (both flickering and overly saturated glows) in a project here: https://www.filemail.com/d/xzdqmaepnxfxlkv

The flickering was caused by small details in the still image (I created a slow pan across the image) and the reddish glow was on a fairly pale walnut. The glow threshold is indeed quite high, but I only want the glow on the highlights. Adding smoothness to the Threshold does indeed desaturate the glow, but gives a less defined glow for the highlights.

I suppose in this particular comp, I could have applied the glow to the still image in its own comp, and then added the pan across that.
  • Hi! I really enjoy this plugin, it works wonderfully :) I totally understand you have your other plugins/products to work on, but will this get an update to work on After Effects 2024? I actually realize on the compatibility section 2024 is labeled, but when I tried to install it again (on the aescripts app) on the 2024 version yesterday it wouldn't install giving me a pop-up saying no software was recognized, so I feel I am doing something wrong. But thanks for reading, I enjoy your plugin a lot! :)

UPDATE: I re-installed the manager app and it works fine now, thanks!
  • By far the quality of the glow is amazing, compared to the Ae glow effect. 
    Best investment ever! And it's so easy to use.. 
    Thanks so much! 
  • Many thanks to the developers for this plugin. I use it constantly at work.
    The most interesting thing is that it can be applied to 3D models.
    I would like to share the result with you via the link
  • Many thanks to the developers for this plugin. I use it constantly at work.
    The most interesting thing is that it can be applied to 3D models.
    I would like to share the result with you via the link
    Looks great, thanks Sherhii!
  • By far the quality of the glow is amazing, compared to the Ae glow effect. 
    Best investment ever! And it's so easy to use.. 
    Thanks so much! 
    Glad you're enjoying it, thanks for the feedback Ionita :) 
  • Hi! I really enjoy this plugin, it works wonderfully :) I totally understand you have your other plugins/products to work on, but will this get an update to work on After Effects 2024? I actually realize on the compatibility section 2024 is labeled, but when I tried to install it again (on the aescripts app) on the 2024 version yesterday it wouldn't install giving me a pop-up saying no software was recognized, so I feel I am doing something wrong. But thanks for reading, I enjoy your plugin a lot! :)

UPDATE: I re-installed the manager app and it works fine now, thanks!
    Thanks for the update, glad to hear it's working now. 
  • Two quick questions from a potential prospective buyer:

1. Does this plugin require NVIDIA GPUs to work correctly? Would it work on a system with no discrete GPU but with AMD integrated graphics?

2. A friend of mine recommended this plugin to me but he told me he was surprised when he saw a big difference in render times depending on whether he was using a GTX 970 or a GTX 1080 TI, leaving all other system components the same. These are the numbers:

GTX 970 (4 GB):         144 seconds
    GTX 1080 TI (11 GB):   86 seconds

This was rendering 61 frames of a 4K PNG sequence @ 60fps with deep glow applied to it, and no other effects, with an AMD 7950X CPU. The output was lossless unencoded raw 8bpc RGB, so encoding time wasn't a factor. I realize the GPUs he used are a little old now but the performance difference was surprising. Unfortunately many factors are different between the two that he tested (VRAM, CUDA cores, generations, etc), so it's hard to know what the most important factor was contributing to the disparity in render times.

Essentially I'm trying to figure out what the bottleneck is from a hardware perspective for this plugin. Is the bottleneck the amount VRAM? Is it the number of CUDA cores? Is it memory bandwidth? I'd like to figure out what the best GPU is for this plugin, but that will depend on what feature of the GPU is the most important.

Thanks for your help!
  • Ae Scripts manager won't allow me to install for AE 2024. 
  • Two quick questions from a potential prospective buyer:

1. Does this plugin require NVIDIA GPUs to work correctly? Would it work on a system with no discrete GPU but with AMD integrated graphics?

2. A friend of mine recommended this plugin to me but he told me he was surprised when he saw a big difference in render times depending on whether he was using a GTX 970 or a GTX 1080 TI, leaving all other system components the same. These are the numbers:

This was rendering 61 frames of a 4K PNG sequence @ 60fps with deep glow applied to it, and no other effects, with an AMD 7950X CPU. The output was lossless unencoded raw 8bpc RGB, so encoding time wasn't a factor. I realize the GPUs he used are a little old now but the performance difference was surprising. Unfortunately many factors are different between the two that he tested (VRAM, CUDA cores, generations, etc), so it's hard to know what the most important factor was contributing to the disparity in render times.

Essentially I'm trying to figure out what the bottleneck is from a hardware perspective for this plugin. Is the bottleneck the amount VRAM? Is it the number of CUDA cores? Is it memory bandwidth? I'd like to figure out what the best GPU is for this plugin, but that will depend on what feature of the GPU is the most important.

Thanks for your help!
    Hi John

It runs on both Nvidia and AMD cards and doesn't utilise any vendor specific acceleration such as CUDA. Your GPU will be the biggest factor in rendering times, despite Ae being mostly CPU based. Currently the biggest bottleneck with discrete cards is the upload/download pipeline on the PCI lane which can't really be avoided. This is not an issue on the apple silicon platform.
  • Thanks. So is it reasonable to assume it would work significantly faster on RTX 3000 and 4000 series cards compared to 2000 and 1000, specifically because the 3000 and 4000 series use PCIe 4.0, while the 2000 and 1000 series use PCIe 3.0 (on 4k or larger comps)? Or is the limitation some other GPU spec rather than the PCIe interface generation that is used by the card?
    Two quick questions from a potential prospective buyer:

Thanks for your help!
    Hi John

It runs on both Nvidia and AMD cards and doesn't utilise any vendor specific acceleration such as CUDA. Your GPU will be the biggest factor in rendering times, despite Ae being mostly CPU based. Currently the biggest bottleneck with discrete cards is the upload/download pipeline on the PCI lane which can't really be avoided. This is not an issue on the apple silicon platform.

• Thanks. So is it reasonable to assume it would work significantly faster on RTX 3000 and 4000 series cards compared to 2000 and 1000, specifically because the 3000 and 4000 series use PCIe 4.0, while the 2000 and 1000 series use PCIe 3.0 (on 4k or larger comps)? Or is the limitation some other GPU spec rather than the PCIe interface generation that is used by the card?
    Two quick questions from a potential prospective buyer:

Thanks for your help!
    Hi John

Yes there should be a fair amount of increase in speed with a PCI 4 lane and compatible card versus 3. I don't have any real world benchmarks as I don't have computers of both specs but I do know this is the primary bottleneck on systems with discrete GPU's. 
  • Suddenly having lots of issues with pixelation on MP4 export. Tried pre-comping, removing all other effects, exporting in super quality. Using most up to date software.
  • Hi AeScripts,

I have a Floating Server Licens to Deep Glow, and I want a single user because I can not figure out the Server License. 

Can I switch somehow? It's fine with me that I pay the price of Floating Server - i just need to use this plugin.

Best Mads
  • Hi AeScripts,

I have a Floating Server Licens to Deep Glow, and I want a single user because I can not figure out the Server License. 

Can I switch somehow? It's fine with me that I pay the price of Floating Server - i just need to use this plugin.

Best Mads
    If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket instead.

• I can't install this plugin in my After Effects 2024, just in After FX 2023.
    What should I do to install it in After Effects 2024?