BG Renderer MAX
  • Just came here to say, that quite often I've seen BgRenderMax, render files NOT to the location I've specified.  But instead it renders them here:
    C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\BgRendererMax\
    Not a huge deal I guess, but wanted to post this more for posterity for anyone else that rendered something just to discover it isn't where AE or BgRenderMax says they are.
    I've noticed this happen on a few different windows machines.

Also I want to say that I love this plugin, and I use it daily, and I consider it a must have.  Thank you very much for developing this!!!
  • Same issue as reported below. (sometimes files save in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\BgRendererMax\)

It would be nice if there was an option to running a script file upon completion.

It would be nice if you could save settings profiles.

Great addition to AE!!!
  • Hi, i made an OSX 12.6.1 update on a MBP M1 Max, now BG Renderer Max thinks my AE versions 22 and 23 (all most recent versions) are older versions, refuses it's job and keeps telling I need at least AE 2018...

...meanwhile i coincidently opened the old BG Renderer v2.12 to render a HAP and... God Yes it works again!!! :joy:

• Hi there,

Currently working in the latest AE 2023 (Windows 11) and suddenly when I hit 'BG Render' simply nothing happens. no error message, no rendering, just no response to my click. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the extention, no joy sadly. any advice here?

thanks.
  • I purchased this script for my Mac Studio M1 Ultra, and it's very fast once it start rendering. 

but it takes long time to start rendering. Any tips speed up to start rendering quickly?   
  • Trying all sort of settings for output, prores, mp4, compiling to prores or mp4 wont work properly.
    Works nicely if you want only frames.
  • Is this plugin still aplicable for AE2022/2023 ? Thanks
  • Error: Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory

Any suggestions?

• Is this plugin still aplicable for AE2022/2023 ? Thanks
    Hi Kristian,

BGR works on AE 22/23

Nik
  • Error: Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory

Any suggestions?

Hi Gabriel,

Please follow the troubleshooting procedure described on this page: https://bgrenderer.com/troubleshooting#firststeps Afterwards, generate log files attach them to the conversation: https://bgrenderer.com/troubleshooting#logs

Make sure you send .log and .ndjson files. Please also attach a screenshot of your BGR settings as a support ticket

Thank you
  • Trying all sort of settings for output, prores, mp4, compiling to prores or mp4 wont work properly.
    Works nicely if you want only frames.
    Hi Andre,

Please follow the troubleshooting procedure described on this page: https://bgrenderer.com/troubleshooting#firststeps Afterwards, generate log files attach them to the conversation: https://bgrenderer.com/troubleshooting#logs

Make sure you send .log and .ndjson files. Please also attach a screenshot of your BGR settings as a support ticket

Thank you
  • asa kusa said:
    I purchased this script for my Mac Studio M1 Ultra, and it's very fast once it start rendering. 

but it takes long time to start rendering. Any tips speed up to start rendering quickly?   
    Hi Asa,

We are working on this issue for the next releases. As of now, our team is focused on publishing GifGun 2.0 and then we are going to update binaries for BGR

Nik
  • Hi, Just downloaded the latest version available of BGR and getting the following from zxp installer "installation failed because the extension isn't compatible with the installed applications"

My AE is also up to date, working on MBP, M1 max OS 13.1

Any suggestions? thank you!
  • no .PSD sequence render. deal breaker. the old BG renderer was sooo much better, can you bring it back? please bring it back
  • HI there. I'm having a strange problem with the plugin: If i want to overwrite a specific section of an image sequence, BG Renderer always deletes the frame before said sequence. ie, I want to re-render frames 100-200. BG Renderer will delete frames 99-200 then render 100-200 leaving frame 99 missing. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks.
  • Hi.
    Just a few minutes ago, I tried running the render on my MacbookPro M3 Pro using the Demo version, but it didn't render correctly and was unusable.
    I simply installed it and tried both single and multi-threaded, but the render time was Nan and the Crash Report was also spitting out on the back screen.
    I wanted to troubleshoot the problem, but since I wanted to use it urgently for work, I could not afford to do so and gave up for the moment.
    Anyway, I'm writing this comment to let the developer know once and for all.
    Thank you.
  • Icannot render any transparent backgrowns with this app ,  they all turn out black is there somthing i'm missing?
  • Please, we need an update!
  • Hi I can't license the product. When I click the license button I get a blank screen.

Please help thanks!
  • Yo - still no reply....I need to license your software, but I can't. 
    How can I fix this?
  • Yo - still no reply....I need to license your software, but I can't. 
    How can I fix this?
    Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your patience. We have identified an issue with the recent AE updates (24.1 and newer including Beta).
    We are wrapping up with testing the new release and ship it as soon as possible!

Nik
  • Hi BG Renderer Max Team! 

Is it possible to have BG Renderer Mac running on a separate machine, and send jobs to it from another machine?

If not, this would be an amazing enhancement.

Cheers!
    Adrian
  • I really amazed to read this blog post. It is so unique and informative.   Suede Leather Jackets
  • Hi there,

Currently working in the latest AE 2023 (Windows 11) and suddenly when I hit 'BG Render' simply nothing happens. no error message, no rendering, just no response to my click. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the extention, no joy sadly. any advice here?

thanks.
    Hi, after or before reinstall BGRenderer, go to aescrip+aeplugin app manager, click on BGRenderer MAX right mouse button and clear cache - it helps me
  • Hi,
    For some unknow reason, BG rendere is not visible in my extensions window in AE since the last version.
    I installed it with ZXP installer.
    He is visible in AE extension the TAB  on ZXP installer, but, there is no "Compatiblility" informations and no "Version" in Tab associate.

Any help ?

Thank you

-WINDOWS 11
    -After-Effects 24.3.0