• Hey Marcus!  
    I recently updated my GeoLayers and now it can't recognize when I open an old project and GeoLayers 3 panel says "there is no map comp in your project" even though there is. I think also there's a cache purge needed but I can't get access to that part to fix it.

Any help would be super appreciated. Thanks so much!  Great plugin otherwise! 
  • It's a nice extension, but the customer care is awful and bugs don't get solved, my Geolayers often does not recognize my license, I already wrote 3 assistance tickets and nobody did anything.
  • Can't authenticate user,

made a support case with no response, so often issues with this plugin, please share the responses and solutions here in the comments instead of just telling everyone to make a support case which takes forever to respond
    Hey Filip, sorry to hear you have problems. Unfortunately most of the time there is no general solution for the issue you're experiencing. Support tickets is the only way for us to collect neccessary info and keep track of issues. 

Hey Marcus!  
    I recently updated my GeoLayers and now it can't recognize when I open an old project and GeoLayers 3 panel says "there is no map comp in your project" even though there is. I think also there's a cache purge needed but I can't get access to that part to fix it.

Any help would be super appreciated. Thanks so much!  Great plugin otherwise! 
    Hey Jonathan, most cases projects get corrupted when you open it by double clicking in the explorer/finder. You can try to open it from within After Effects. And please make sure to not save it in a corrupted state.

It's a nice extension, but the customer care is awful and bugs don't get solved, my Geolayers often does not recognize my license, I already wrote 3 assistance tickets and nobody did anything.
    Hi Riccardo, sorry to hear you keep having problems. These issues are usually caused by strict corporate policy settings, firewalls, etc. on your side.
  • Hi! 
    Is it possible to get 3D buildings in Geolayers from Mapbox, or is it only with data from Maptiler this is possible?

Kind regards, 
    Sigurd
  • Hi Guys, is it possible to use the 3d without the cropping? I can't find a way to uncrop my 3d maps
  • I have an old project I made using GEOlayers 2. Is it possible to run that plugin on AE 2023 or 2024? And if not, is there a relatively easy way to update an older project to GEOlayers 3?
  • Hi.

I want to use the Features From Layer feature in Geolayers 3. However, I get the error you see. I did not encounter such a problem when I tried on another computer. How do I fix this? Can anyone help?

Screenshot_1.png
    388 x 388 - 38K
  • Hello,

I'd like to make a feature request -
    Selectable shape layer detail.

Currently when you select a region and create a shape layer from that region, the level of detail/vertices in that shape is sometimes automatically determined by the proximity of the camera to that region. For example, if I create an outline of the USA and the camera is zoomed out a lot, the number of vertices in that shape will be low. But if I create the shape when the camera is zoomed all the way in it the shape layer will have a large number of vertices.

It would be nice to be able to select the level of detail instead of having to zoom the camera in to force the highest detail, and then zooming the camera back out afterward.

And secondly, sometimes it seems like only the highest level of detail is available. This is frustrating occasionally when I want to create a shape of a river or something which has millions of vertices, especially when I don't actually need that much detail. Sometimes this forces me to draw the shape manually when it has too many vertices to download, or if it impacts performance too much.

Thanks,
    Jared
  • Apt Film said:
    Hi! 
    Is it possible to get 3D buildings in Geolayers from Mapbox, or is it only with data from Maptiler this is possible?

Kind regards, 
    Sigurd
    Automatically it is only possible with MapTiler Data. If you have a geojson with building polygons you can also draw this with a data-driven extrusion.

Hi Guys, is it possible to use the 3d without the cropping? I can't find a way to uncrop my 3d maps
    You can increase the size and resolution of the texture mapcomp to extend the 3d terrain beyond your viewport

I have an old project I made using GEOlayers 2. Is it possible to run that plugin on AE 2023 or 2024? And if not, is there a relatively easy way to update an older project to GEOlayers 3?
    Hi Andrew nice to hear from a loong time GEOlayers user ;) Unfortunately projects can not easily be converted. This has to do with GEOlayers 3 Mapcomps supporting rotation and pitch.

Hi.

I want to use the Features From Layer feature in Geolayers 3. However, I get the error you see. I did not encounter such a problem when I tried on another computer. How do I fix this? Can anyone help?

Please open a support ticket

Hello,

I'd like to make a feature request -
    Selectable shape layer detail.

Currently when you select a region and create a shape layer from that region, the level of detail/vertices in that shape is sometimes automatically determined by the proximity of the camera to that region. For example, if I create an outline of the USA and the camera is zoomed out a lot, the number of vertices in that shape will be low. But if I create the shape when the camera is zoomed all the way in it the shape layer will have a large number of vertices.

It would be nice to be able to select the level of detail instead of having to zoom the camera in to force the highest detail, and then zooming the camera back out afterward.

And secondly, sometimes it seems like only the highest level of detail is available. This is frustrating occasionally when I want to create a shape of a river or something which has millions of vertices, especially when I don't actually need that much detail. Sometimes this forces me to draw the shape manually when it has too many vertices to download, or if it impacts performance too much.

Thanks,
    Jared
    Hey Jared, thanks for your idea. If you get confused why and how geometry is simplified in GEOlayers please check out this video. If you want to apply a certain simplification you can export your features to geojson and simplify it on mapshaper.org
  • Hello Markus!

I was using Geolayers for a project and the client asked for some modifications. Suddenly, while working, the map imagery started not showing up. The composition remains black regardless of the map style I'm using. Any idea how I can repair this?

Thanks!
  • HI Markus,
    Thanks for an awesome plugin 
    Going to buy it :)
    I want to use it on a server side. 
    My question is
    Can I update an gpx file with the route on the existing project using scripts and finalise it?
    And where I can find an API for GeoLayers 3?
  • Hi Markus.
    can I wanna ask about specific location. if I have this location in Italy for example
    45°44'19.9"N 9°44'02.9"E
    How can I use this location without looking for it on plug-in manually?
  • Hi guys, can anyone tell me why geolayers using summer map and when I zoom in close to the map it switches to the winter map. It looks ugly. I'm using bing areal map from maptiler. can anyone explain how to fix this and use just summer map.
  • Is there any license restriction to use this plugin in feature films or tv?
  • Is there any way to make Geolayers work with Red Giants new 3D plugin Geo? Or other plans to make it work with 3D software? Is Geolayers 4 in the works?
  • I have a map with a lot of various elements that I'll be reusing for several different shots throughout a video, and I'd prefer to not have to manually recreate all the elements each time. Is there an easy way to copy/reuse those elements and reattach them to the new mapcomp in each shot?
  • Does GeoLayers run on a PC? Sadly, that is what I am now using.