• Are there any map styles that you can use without a MapTiler subscription? 
    Hello,
    yes, for example bing imagery could be used under the Bing Maps Broadcast Media & Entertainment Use Terms of Use.

If you need further help, please open a support ticket.
    Kind regards
    Nico
  • Hi There, 

I'm using GeoLayers in AE 2023. A while back I was able to click and drag the preview map, however now it seems I cannot? Right clicking and changing the pitch works, but I can't figure out how to click and drag the maps position anymore. I'm sure there is a simple solution but I'm losing my mind trying to figure it out!

• Hi,

I'm triying to create a callout in the comp "containing map" i need to have a solid with the BEAM effect and one of the ends of the beam needs to be parented to the map, is there a way to do it?

Thanks
  • Love your plugin.

Wondering, if I import a geoJSON that already contains a color property for the various items, as RGB Hex Codes, is there a way to dynamically link that to a style?

Thanks!
    -Zach
  • Is it possible to add another language to the label drop down language selection? I'd like to have all my place names in Welsh but it doesn't currently have this option?

Thanks
  • Hi There, 

I'm using GeoLayers in AE 2023. A while back I was able to click and drag the preview map, however now it seems I cannot? Right clicking and changing the pitch works, but I can't figure out how to click and drag the maps position anymore. I'm sure there is a simple solution but I'm losing my mind trying to figure it out!

Joel - I'm having this same problem. Also losing my mind. Have you found any solution?

• Hi There, 

Hi Joel, Unfortunately we haven't found a solution for this issue even with Adobe. Users report that it randomly starts working again as they "click around". If anyone has a reliable workaround we would love to hear about it. Sorry for inconvenience.

Hi,

I'm triying to create a callout in the comp "containing map" i need to have a solid with the BEAM effect and one of the ends of the beam needs to be parented to the map, is there a way to do it?

Thanks
    Please open a support Ticket :)

Love your plugin.

Wondering, if I import a geoJSON that already contains a color property for the various items, as RGB Hex Codes, is there a way to dynamically link that to a style?

Thanks!
    -Zach
    There is a way, but the data needs to be formatted in a special way. Please open a support ticket if you need details

Is it possible to add another language to the label drop down language selection? I'd like to have all my place names in Welsh but it doesn't currently have this option?

Thanks
    The next Release will include Welsh!
  • Question about AE Expression Engine in conjunction with GEOlayers 3. Can we freely switch to "Javascript" or are we bound to the "Legacy ExtendedScript"? 
  • Hi. Can you please put the Crimean Peninsula back within Ukraine in your database, not Russia? The internationally-recognised border of Ukraine includes Crimea. Every time we make a map of this region we have to modify it, and it's a nuisance and sometimes precipitates inaccurate representations. Russia has also "annexed" other parts of Ukraine (Luhansk and Donetsk) just as they have Crimea, but you haven't added those regions to Russia.
  • Hi. Can you please put the Crimean Peninsula back within Ukraine in your database, not Russia? The internationally-recognised border of Ukraine includes Crimea. Every time we make a map of this region we have to modify it, and it's a nuisance and sometimes precipitates inaccurate representations. Russia has also "annexed" other parts of Ukraine (Luhansk and Donetsk) just as they have Crimea, but you haven't added those regions to Russia.
    Seconded
    Hi Leon,

unfortunately we have no influence on the dataset. Countries are sourced from Natural Earth. You can read their disputed boundaries policy here: https://www.naturalearthdata.com/about/disputed-boundaries-policy/ ;
    There is a possible workaround though. You can 
    1. download the Countries Dataset as well as the Disputed Regions Dataset 
    2. subtract/merge the Disputed Parts to the corresponding Country
    3. export it as geojson
    4. add this geojson as a source to your search in the preferences
    If you now search for a county GEOlayers will also show results from your own datasets. If you need assistance with this please open a support ticket.

• Question about AE Expression Engine in conjunction with GEOlayers 3. Can we freely switch to "Javascript" or are we bound to the "Legacy ExtendedScript"? 
    Jep, both engines are supported!
  • Hey! I'd love to use Google Maps as the map tiles for this. Are there any tutorials you've made about how to do this?
  • is there any way to access historical boundary data? for example, from geacron.com, or similar?
  • Hey! I'd love to use Google Maps as the map tiles for this. Are there any tutorials you've made about how to do this?
    Hello, 
    please open a support ticket and we'll send you some informations and the presets.
    Kind regards
    Nico
  • is there any way to access historical boundary data? for example, from geacron.com, or similar?
    Hello,
    you can connect GEOLayers with a GitHub Repo which has a lot of historical boundary data.

You can see how to connect to this Repo here:

If you need further help, please open a support ticket 

Kind regards
    Nico

• Meanwhile
    my geolayers 3 is stuck on "previewing" and is unable to generate any map

Anyone have a solution? i have to finalize a project in less than a day and i've almost lost everything
  • NEED RTL SUPPORT: HEBREW & ARABIC LANGUAGES
  • Hi there!

When I'm trying to build a custom style in MapTiler and then export/import the JSON, GEOlayers throws an error, saying "(source not loaded)". Any tips?
  • Meanwhile
    my geolayers 3 is stuck on "previewing" and is unable to generate any map

Anyone have a solution? i have to finalize a project in less than a day and i've almost lost everything
    Hello,
    please open a support ticket so we can help you better.
    Kind regards
    Nico
  • NEED RTL SUPPORT: HEBREW & ARABIC LANGUAGES
    Hello,
    you can set After Effects to RTL in the Fonts Panel and GEOLayers supports HEBREW & ARABIC LANGUAGES.
    If you need further help, please open a support ticket 
    Kind regards
    Nico
  • Hi there!

When I'm trying to build a custom style in MapTiler and then export/import the JSON, GEOlayers throws an error, saying "(source not loaded)". Any tips?
    Hello,
    please open a support ticket so we can help you better.
    Kind regards
    Nico
  • It's one time payment or annual?
  • Hi there,

I bought a single user licence, I was wondering if it's possible to upgrade to a floating licence instead of paying the full amount for a whole new licence? And many thanks for an indispensable plugin!
  • hello, 
    I'm trying to download the borders of a city however when I search for the city geolayers shows me the city as a point, is there a way to convert a point to a polygon
  • Hi I really like this plugin, however, ever since I installed it I’ve been getting the following error message from Ae whenever I undo an action “ After Effects warning: Undo group mismatch, will attempt to fix” then a bunch of layers are removed from my comp. It’s slowing down my workflow because I have to redo everything while hoping this doesn’t come up again. MacBook Pro m2 max pro
  • Is there any way to use this for creating my own map boundaries? I want to a make a map for different business districts, but I want to decide the boundaries of each district. What can I use to create this data set?
  • Is there any way to use this for creating my own map boundaries? I want to a make a map for different business districts, but I want to decide the boundaries of each district. What can I use to create this data set?
    Use Google Earth Pro. Draw the areas on the map and export them as KML or KMZ files and then import them into geolayers.
  • Hi there, I am confused by what this plugin can and cannot do without paying for a monthly subscription. What type of maps, animations, and color customizations can it make with just the purchase price? Thanks
  • How can I buy Geo Layer 3 in a yearly subscription?
  • Hi there, I am confused by what this plugin can and cannot do without paying for a monthly subscription. What type of maps, animations, and color customizations can it make with just the purchase price? Thanks
    I upvote that. I won't buy version 3 until it's clear for me and I'm reading all the comments here only to have this answer...
    If after two weeks there is no more access to Openstreet map datas, what stays? Is there any map data at all ?
    If the devs could make it clearer what's in the version without Maptiler Cloud suscription, it would be great. Thanks !

(By the way can you subscribe to Maptiler only for a month? I don't need maps all year long...)
    I upvote that. I won't buy version 3 until it's clear for me and I'm reading all the comments here only to have this answer...
    If after two weeks there is no more access to Openstreet map datas, what stays? Is there any map data at all ?
    If the devs could make it clearer what's in the version without Maptiler Cloud suscription, it would be great. Thanks !

(By the way can you subscribe to Maptiler only for a month? I don't need maps all year long...)
    Hi Coralie,

You can identify the MapTiler Styles by the MapTiler Icon on the Style Thumbnails. These ones will not be available without the MapTiler subscription. Apart from that Watermasks and Feature Import for the current view are also powerded by MapTiler Data. You can subscribe to it monthly to only pay as you really need it.

Please open a support ticket if you have further questions.

Cheers,
    Markus
  • Is there a way to do a political map of the world with all countries with different colours?
    How can I select all countries in the world in one go and have them all in layers?
    This may have been asked before but I could not find it.
    I am using GeoLayers3
    David
  • Hi,
    I need to import a KML files with probably 5 000 adress... (several layers in google map)
    Is there a limitation in the numbers of features we can import in Geolayers 3 ? 
    Thanks for your answer 

Best regards.

Mathieu 

Its a confusing mess that they don't explain clearly when you buy the product. Yes, you can make pretty maps and animate lines and labels but there's no proper explanation on where map come from or how to edit them properly. There's quite a few youtube videos that has someone creating a pretty map of where he buys bread in Paris but for those of us in the real world, we haven't got time to deal with more subscriptions.
    I'm in the middle of a crazy deadline and suddenly half my maps are plastered with warnings that the basemaps won't be available in a months time.
    Can't get rid of them. It's a handy plugin but the rest of it API's and Map tiling is an absolute confusing mess. 
  • Hello GeoLayers team,

Im’ currently in the middle of a project and started getting some “error” tiles in my project.

Stamen announced back in July (https://maps.stamen.com/stadia-partnership/) that their Fastly URLs will be shutting off on October 31st. I reached out to Stadia Maps and they said to contact you. GeoLayers will need to do the following to ensure continued access to the Stamen map tiles:

1. Update the map URLs in the plugin (see https://docs.stadiamaps.com/guides/migrating-from-stamen-map-tiles/#switch-your-tile-urls for the updated URLs by style).
    2. Provide a way for users to enter their own API key in the GeoLayers plugin settings.

Ian at Stadia Maps offered to answer any technical questions you have. I’d appreciate any updates, but you can reach Ian directly at [email protected].
  • Hey Tony,

Sorry for the confusion first of all. This is 2 issues you`re describing:
    • Stamen Maps will be hosted on another platform (https://maps.stamen.com/stadia-partnership/) This is more of a technical issue
      • We removed the default Stamen Imagery Style and created a video tutorial on how to migrate to stadia:
    • Map Tiler Cloud Maps that you need an additional subscription for are marked with the MapTiler Icon
      • We also try to clearly point this out on the product page here on aescripts. We're sorry that it ended up in confusion on your side.

Hope this made things clear. If you have further problems please open a Support Ticket. It's easier for us to track issues and respond faster.

Best regards,
    Markus
  • Hi, I need to use geolayers on 8 computers what type of licence I need to purchase? I ask because sometime 2 or 3 person will work making maps at the same time.
  • Hi, I need to use geolayers on 8 computers what type of licence I need to purchase? I ask because sometime 2 or 3 person will work making maps at the same time.
    Hello,

two to three floating licenses would be ideal for this. This allows you to install GEOLayers on all computers and three users can work with it at the same time.
    Please read more about the floating license here:

Please remember that you need to have the floating server running on your network. The floating server ensures that the licenses are distributed to the computers.

Kind regards
    Nico
  • Hello,

two to three floating licenses would be ideal for this. This allows you to install GEOLayers on all computers and three users can work with it at the same time.
    Please read more about the floating license here:

Please remember that you need to have the floating server running on your network. The floating server ensures that the licenses are distributed to the computers.

Kind regards
    Nico
    Great, thanks for your response.
    About the trial, how many times can be used and for how long? I’ve be able to do only one map and then the trial expired in one day.
  • Hello,

I am trying to create an animation with buildings (similar to the image above). However, my buildings all have the same height.
    I read somewhere that I have to set the feature to height, but I can't, for the life of me, find that option anywhere.
    I am using MapTiles as a base for my map.

Help?!? :)

Also, is it possible to let the buildings grow, let's say, from left to right? Similar to a field animation in Cinema4D?

Thanks so much!

• Hello,

Firstly let me express my appreciation for your powerful plug-in. I have used it a few short films and some videos for web.
    My question is in regards to the maps you offer with Geolayers. I have a need to include 5 seconds of a map animation in a TV commercial, seems like MapTiler's map options would be too expensive to license for TV. I'm looking around for information from the other map sources but it's hard to get clear answers. Do you happen to know if any of the other maps you offer would be free to use in a TV commercial with proper clear Attribution?
  • Hey Markus! 
    Loving this plugin and have used 2d maps for ages. However, I've started using it with Mir and while it looks great, it never seems to generate tiles at the edges. (see picture uppe left & right, below) No matter the zoom or the view, or the rotation, it seems Mir doesn't generate beyond a certain point. Have tried flushing cache but no luck. Any suggestions? 
    Screen Shot 2023-10-30 at 11.26.53 PM.png
    1946 x 1116 - 3M
  • Hi,

I'm looking for the user - cache / storage locations (windows) used by geolayers / maptiler.
    A user in our company receives a 'can't authenticate user' error when startig geolayers.
    The maptiler API Key can't be validated.
    When I log on another user the same api key works without any problems. 
    So the problem has to be anywhere in the user-profile.

I already cleared cep_cache and updated geolayers... 

But the problem remains.

Before I renew the full windows user-profile ... does anyone has an idea ?
    Especially I look for the file, where the maptiler-api key is located.

Thanks in forward

Martin

• Hi,

I'm looking for the user - cache / storage locations (windows) used by geolayers / maptiler.
    A user in our company receives a 'can't authenticate user' error when startig geolayers.
    The maptiler API Key can't be validated.
    When I log on another user the same api key works without any problems. 
    So the problem has to be anywhere in the user-profile.

I already cleared cep_cache and updated geolayers... 

But the problem remains.

Before I renew the full windows user-profile ... does anyone has an idea ?
    Especially I look for the file, where the maptiler-api key is located.

Thanks in forward

Martin

Hi Martin, may you please open a support ticket

Hey Markus! 
    Loving this plugin and have used 2d maps for ages. However, I've started using it with Mir and while it looks great, it never seems to generate tiles at the edges. (see picture uppe left & right, below) No matter the zoom or the view, or the rotation, it seems Mir doesn't generate beyond a certain point. Have tried flushing cache but no luck. Any suggestions? 
    Hey Jonathan, the 3D Landscapes work a bit different than normal mapcomps. Check out this tutorial by our Friend Jason Boone: 

Hello,

Firstly let me express my appreciation for your powerful plug-in. I have used it a few short films and some videos for web.
    My question is in regards to the maps you offer with Geolayers. I have a need to include 5 seconds of a map animation in a TV commercial, seems like MapTiler's map options would be too expensive to license for TV. I'm looking around for information from the other map sources but it's hard to get clear answers. Do you happen to know if any of the other maps you offer would be free to use in a TV commercial with proper clear Attribution?
    Hey William, hard topic unfortunately. If you want to be sure you'll need to get in touch with the map provider you're using.

Hello,

I am trying to create an animation with buildings (similar to the image above). However, my buildings all have the same height.
    I read somewhere that I have to set the feature to height, but I can't, for the life of me, find that option anywhere.
    I am using MapTiles as a base for my map.

Help?!? :)

Also, is it possible to let the buildings grow, let's say, from left to right? Similar to a field animation in Cinema4D?

Thanks so much!

Please open a support ticket
  • For 3D terrain, if I animate the "00 Controller" positions then the height map is no longer locked to the texture. How can I lock the height map again?

If I don't animate the 00 Controller then I run out of hi-res map when animating the other nulls positions
  • Hello,

For some reasons GEOLayers doesn't appear in extensions section.
    It used to work before. Any suggestions? 
    At the moment I'm running AE 2024 on a M1 Macbook. 
  • Geolayers seems to be down all day for me. it's not downloading any map data. :(
  • Geolayers seems to be down all day for me. it's not downloading any map data. :(
    May you please open a support ticket?

Hello,

For some reasons GEOLayers doesn't appear in extensions section.
    It used to work before. Any suggestions? 
    At the moment I'm running AE 2024 on a M1 Macbook. 
    Please open a support ticket

Chris Cha said:
    For 3D terrain, if I animate the "00 Controller" positions then the height map is no longer locked to the texture. How can I lock the height map again?

If I don't animate the 00 Controller then I run out of hi-res map when animating the other nulls positions
    Also, Please open a support ticket :)
  • Can't authenticate user,

made a support case with no response, so often issues with this plugin, please share the responses and solutions here in the comments instead of just telling everyone to make a support case which takes forever to respond