• Why do I get a "non-MFR" yellow triangle warning and slow renders when using Deep Glow (the latest version) when you say it's been updated for multi-frame-renders? I'm on the latest After Effects Beta (22.1.0x36).

UPDATE: Apparently Adobe changed AE's MFR architecture in March, so Deep Glow needs another update to work with MFR.
  • Still doesn't appear to work with multiframe in the new ae 2022. Will this be addressed for my favorite AE plugin?
  • Would love to see MFR update for AE 2022 soon :)
  • Me too, cause this multi frame render support got down on AE 2022. :(
    Still receiving the exclamation message: "This effects may slow down Preview and Export as it is not optimized for Multi-Frame Rendenring."
    Hope to this update happens fast.
    ;)
    Hi Dan

We should have a public beta for MFR available shortly. 
  • Still doesn't appear to work with multiframe in the new ae 2022. Will this be addressed for my favorite AE plugin?
    Hi Michael

• After updating to After Effects 2022, my Deep Glow just says "Missing". I tried reinstalling in aescripts but still the same issue. Any ideas?

Edit: Oh it was problem with the aescripts plugin, it wasn't installing 2022 plugins correctly.
  • Joining the voices calling for MFR in 2022. 
    Thank you! Great plugin! We use for math equation animations to highlight variables!
  • Hey - would like an update for this product to be compatible with Apple's silicon 
  • Need update for MFR in AE 2022, I use this plugin in almost EVERY project in some form
  • Joining the choir - I'd also love a Deep Glow update for AE 2022. 
  • Our team is waiting for AE2022 update as well, thank you.
  • Is this plugin compatible with M1 Pro/Max?
  • +1 for AE 2022 support. Great plugin
    Hi Michael

Hey, is that public beta already out? Can I use it? Please...
  • Please support cc2022 MFR
  • For people waiting for update, I was able to get it to work by copying the plugin folder over from AE21 to AE22, deactivating old version and then reactivating for AE22. 
  • For people waiting for update, I was able to get it to work by copying the plugin folder over from AE21 to AE22, deactivating old version and then reactivating for AE22. 
    It was/is working, just the laggiest plugin of all in our workflow! MFR is needed
  • Al FFF said:
    For people waiting for update, I was able to get it to work by copying the plugin folder over from AE21 to AE22, deactivating old version and then reactivating for AE22. 
    It was/is working, just the laggiest plugin of all in our workflow! MFR is needed
    Hi AI

The Deep Glow MFR public beta is now out if you'd like to install it
  • Please support cc2022 MFR
    Hi Media

Hi Michael

Hi Rafael

• +1 for AE 2022 support. Great plugin
    Hi Drew

• Is this plugin compatible with M1 Pro/Max?
    Hi Jesse

It is, currently using Rosetta. However we hope to have a native apple silicon version out in the coming weeks. 
  • Tim Coman said:
    Joining the choir - I'd also love a Deep Glow update for AE 2022. 
    Hi Tim

• Why do I get a "non-MFR" yellow triangle warning and slow renders when using Deep Glow (the latest version) when you say it's been updated for multi-frame-renders? I'm on the latest After Effects Beta (22.1.0x36).

UPDATE: Apparently Adobe changed AE's MFR architecture in March, so Deep Glow needs another update to work with MFR.
    Hi Paul

Hi Michael

Hi Dan

Hi Michael

Hi Rafael

Super! huhull! Super fast!
    Hi Michael

Hi Rafael

Super! huhull! Super fast!
    Awesome :D
  • Al FFF said:
    For people waiting for update, I was able to get it to work by copying the plugin folder over from AE21 to AE22, deactivating old version and then reactivating for AE22. 
    Hi AI

The beta plugin was giving a lot of issues for our complex comps. Overall weird behavior, stuff popping up, layers that aren't supposed to be visible at the timecode were rendered, layer positions were not honored... Reverted back and all is rendering as expected!

I noticed that beta plugin is around 500Kbs whereas the stable 1.4.4 is about 5.5Mbs.
  • Al FFF said:
    Al FFF said:
    Hi AI

The beta plugin was giving a lot of issues for our complex comps. Overall weird behavior, stuff popping up, layers that aren't supposed to be visible at the timecode were rendered, layer positions were not honored... Reverted back and all is rendering as expected!

I noticed that beta plugin is around 500Kbs whereas the stable 1.4.4 is about 5.5Mbs.
    I'm having similar issues and noticed my render time doubled with the beta.  Still, even without MFR support, this plugin is the only way to use glow effects.  I trust these guys will get it figured out!
  • Al FFF said:
    Al FFF said:
    Hi AI

Hi AI FFF

Apologies you experienced these issues. Would it be possible for you to open a support ticket so we can get some more details for you to iron things out?
  • Al FFF said:
    Al FFF said:
    Hi AI

I'm having similar issues and noticed my render time doubled with the beta.  Still, even without MFR support, this plugin is the only way to use glow effects.  I trust these guys will get it figured out!
    Hi Kevin

Thanks for your confidence! Would it be possible for you to open a support ticket or for us to email you to get some details to try and iron things out?
  • Hey, I'm using the latest version of DG (1.4.4) with After Effects 2022 (22.0.1) on macOS Big Sur (11.6.1) and I'm getting an MFR warning on the effect control (the little yellow triangle that when you click on - says that plugin doesn't support MFR).
    Obviously, in your release notes, it does say it is supported, so what's going on here then? :)
  • Having bunch of popping in and out of deep glow while using MFR. Is it really supported? It also always gives a warning saying it's not optimized and will slow down.
  • Having bunch of popping in and out of deep glow while using MFR. Is it really supported? It also always gives a warning saying it's not optimized and will slow down.
    Hi Palmi

Version 1.4.4 of Deep Glow is not supported for MFR and having it enabled can cause instability so we recommend disabling MFR if using that version. 

Here is the public beta that's MFR compatible:
  • Hey, I'm using the latest version of DG (1.4.4) with After Effects 2022 (22.0.1) on macOS Big Sur (11.6.1) and I'm getting an MFR warning on the effect control (the little yellow triangle that when you click on - says that plugin doesn't support MFR).
    Obviously, in your release notes, it does say it is supported, so what's going on here then? :)
    Hi Dan

Have responded to your ticket.
  • I'm trying out a trial version of 'Deep Glow' which I would like to buy. But when I take assets I've created via Adobe Illustrator in from Libraries in After Effects, and apple 'Deep Glow' to it. It creates and rigid square bounding box around Hud type circle assets I've created via Adobe Illustrator. How can I get red of the ridged square box?
  • When will this plugin work with MPR? When? When?
  • Ben Scarr said:
    I'm trying out a trial version of 'Deep Glow' which I would like to buy. But when I take assets I've created via Adobe Illustrator in from Libraries in After Effects, and apple 'Deep Glow' to it. It creates and rigid square bounding box around Hud type circle assets I've created via Adobe Illustrator. How can I get red of the ridged square box?
    Hi Ben

If you check the "continuously rasterise" icon for each layer the bounding box will expand and fix the issue. If it still persists, could you please open a support ticket with screenshots of the issue?
  • When will this plugin work with MPR? When? When?
    Hi Michael

It will be released shortly. In the meantime, please download our public MFR beta here:
  • Hi! Deep Glow (version - demo with mpr) - not working correctly with shadow studio.
    Can you check this? 
  • Hey! Any chance of a Apple Silicon version soon?
  • Beta 1.4.6 giving low memory and showing black screen. And I'm using it on a octacore i7 10th gen intel iMac 27", 64 gb ram, GPU AMD Radeon 5700 PRO 16gb, Mac OS X Big Sur latest updates. Project is single full HD 1920x1080 frames. 16 bits
  • Hi! Deep Glow (version - demo with mpr) - not working correctly with shadow studio.
    Can you check this? 
    Hi Ashot
    Sorry about that, could you please submit a support ticket so we can diagnose the cause?
  • Hey! Any chance of a Apple Silicon version soon?
    Hi Michael

Yes we should have a beta version for ARM soon and a release when AE goes from ARM beta to official release. 
  • Beta 1.4.6 giving low memory and showing black screen. And I'm using it on a octacore i7 10th gen intel iMac 27", 64 gb ram, GPU AMD Radeon 5700 PRO 16gb, Mac OS X Big Sur latest updates. Project is single full HD 1920x1080 frames. 16 bits
    Hi Rafael
    Apologies for this. This is using MFR I assume? Could you please open a support ticket so we can try to get this fixed.
    Hi Rafael
    Apologies for this. This is using MFR I assume? Could you please open a support ticket so we can try to get this fixed.
    Yes, doing the ticket. Thank you!
  • Deep Glow not showing up in After Effects :( 
    Please help