• Love this plugin! Would be great to get file name field so it doesn't have to be the comp name.
    Of course you can always rename the file after but would be more efficient to do before render:)
    Hi Adam,

Thanks for the idea. Definitely going to think how to implement it in the version 2.x

Nik
  • I cant seem to export without a background in the trial version. Will background be removed when paid for>?
    Hi Adrian,

Alpha render is not supported in trial, but works in the paid version

Nik
  • I have seen that the compatibility does not include After effect CS6, but on the main page it says "We hunted small bugs and fixed infrequent issues. We also improved CS6 compatibility in case you use it." Does this mean that even if it is not checked it is still compatible with CS6?
    Hi Luciano,

If you need a version for CS6, please open a support ticket.
    We do not test for this version but keep one of the older GifGun versions 

Nik
  • had this issue on AE with OS 12.6 M1 Max, got it working following this thread:

• is anyone else having issues getting gif gun to create gifs on the latest update? i get a series of PNGs or a .MOV file instead
  • is anyone else having issues getting gif gun to create gifs on the latest update? i get a series of PNGs or a .MOV file instead
    Hi Shane,

Please try and reinstall GifGun. If that does not help, please open a support ticket.

Nik
  • Fai Fai said:

had this issue on AE with OS 12.6 M1 Max, got it working following this thread:

Hi Fai,

Unfortunately this a still common issue with Dropbox on macOS.

Nik
  • how to fix the rough edges? 
  • Since a month or so I always have to enter my license code when opening after effects. Is there a way to fix this? It's getting really annoying.
  • Also having the same issue as Tessa van Balen. 

It's asking me to put in my license code every time I open Ae. 
  • 也有与 Tessa van Balen 相同的问题。 

每次我打开 Ae 时,它​​都会要求我输入我的许可证代码。 
    It is true that every time you open ae you need to re-enter it, which is very annoying.
  • Hi - I was using the Trial and suddenly it stopped creating Gifs. Only Mp4. I assumed it was to do with the trial so I have paid and bought it. The issue remains though. Any ideas please?
  • Hi GifGun, 
    Using Version 1.7 on CC 2023, when I make a GIF it outputs as a .mov file and not .gif.
    Could you help me to solve this problem? thanks!
  • Hi GifGun, 
    Using Version 1.7 on CC 2023, when I make a GIF it outputs as a .mov file and not .gif.
    Could you help me to solve this problem? thanks!
    Hi Milton,

Please make sure you are using the latest GifGun version, 1.7.28

Nik
  • Hi - I was using the Trial and suddenly it stopped creating Gifs. Only Mp4. I assumed it was to do with the trial so I have paid and bought it. The issue remains though. Any ideas please?
    Hi Richard,

Here are the steps to debug this issue:

First, render a 300 by 300 pixels 3-second long composition with GifGun. Then, you need to give GifGun more time to compile the animation. Long compositions with large resolutions take more time to compile.

Also, uncheck "Keep Alpha" or "Use Experimental Engine" and select [UPDATE PRESETS] option in the Render Preset dropdown. That might help to get things running. If that does not work, don't hesitate to contact us, and we will help.

Nik
  • an Lisi said:
    也有与 Tessa van Balen 相同的问题。 

每次我打开 Ae 时,它​​都会要求我输入我的许可证代码。 
    It is true that every time you open ae you need to re-enter it, which is very annoying.
    Please make sure you are using the latest version, we fixed that issue in 1.7.28

Nik
  • Since I updated to After Effects 2023, my gifs with alpha are created with an artifcat problem. A little artifact of the first frame is left behind, on the alpha. I really have tried a lot of different configurations, but the problem persists. Also, it seems to happen when the element is already moving right at the beginning.
  • Why use AE2023 version, GifGun1.7.28 version export content is PNG sequence instead of GIF?
  • It's not working – it renders a .mov :(
  • It's not working – it renders a .mov :(
    Hi Nicolas,

There might be an issue with your presets. Please follow these steps:
    Here are the steps to debug this issue:

First, render a 300 by 300 pixels 3-second long composition with GifGun. Then, you need to give GifGun more time to compile the animation. Long compositions with large resolutions take more time to compile.

Also, uncheck "Keep Alpha" or "Use Experimental Engine" and select [UPDATE PRESETS] option in the Render Preset dropdown. That might help to get things running. If that does not work, don't hesitate to contact us, and we will help.

Nik
  • asdf asdf said:
    Since I updated to After Effects 2023, my gifs with alpha are created with an artifcat problem. A little artifact of the first frame is left behind, on the alpha. I really have tried a lot of different configurations, but the problem persists. Also, it seems to happen when the element is already moving right at the beginning.
    Hi,

May I ask you to send us these gifs in a support ticket?

Nik
  • It's not working, bad result
  • I've been testing out the trial version of GifGun in AE23 and my gifs are very washed out/undersaturated upon export. Any ideas?

I'm also wondering what the limitations are of the trial version? Can't seem to find this answer anywhere.
  • Hi! We have just released GifGun 1.7.29 that fixed an unfortunate bug with Alpha channel render.
    Please install the new GifGun, go to the GifGun settings, uncheck "Keep Alpha" and "Experimental Engine", and then choose [UPDATE PRESETS] in the Render Preset dropdown. This should fix Alpha channel issues.

Nik
  • I purchased GifGun in January and love it. However, I'm having a problem with gifs looping when "Infinite Loop" is unchecked. My gif will play twice before it stops.
  • I purchased GifGun in January and love it. However, I'm having a problem with gifs looping when "Infinite Loop" is unchecked. My gif will play twice before it stops.
    Change the "1" to a "0"!
  • It's already set at "0" and it's not working.
  • Well that was interesting. I decided to set it to some other number to see if that was working so I set it to "3" and it looped three times as it was supposed to. When I set it back to "0" where it was originally, it works now.
  • The newest version is Windows only. I can't find a link for previous Mac versions. My current version is stuck at 99% no matter what I do.
  • Hello, can I upgrade my personal license to floating server?
  • Hello, can I upgrade my personal license to floating server?

if you ordered it within the refund window you can request a refund and place a new order. Otherwise it is not possible to upgrade the license: https://aescripts.com/terms/#refunds

however, you should make sure that you want to use a floating license:

The "Single User License" allows for the software to be installed on up to two computers as long as they are not being used at the same time. If you need to install it on more than two computers or use them at the same time you will need additional licenses. 

The "Floating Server License" can be installed on as many computers as you'd like but it must be used in conjunction with our Floating License Server

(https://aescripts.com/floating-license-server/) and can also only be used by one user at a time so you will need enough licenses to match your users.

Please see the License Type FAQ for further details: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/license-type-faq/

• Hi, could someone please provide some support for gifgun not working? I've opened a support ticket and followed up on it with no response. 
    I have done multiple reinstalled of the latest version of gifgun, but it only makes mp4s, not gifs.
  • Hi, could someone please provide some support for gifgun not working? I've opened a support ticket and followed up on it with no response. 
    I have done multiple reinstalled of the latest version of gifgun, but it only makes mp4s, not gifs.
    Hello Sara,
    There seems to be an issue with how we handle tickets internally.
    I can now see it's unanswered.
    Let me reply there.
    Sorry again for a long waiting time.

Thank you,
    Mike
  • Hi! When can be GifGun 2 expected?
  • I've recently been experiencing some issues when exporting a transparent gif. Once exported - it plays extremely slowly, not at the currect frame rate. 
  • Hi Team, i used GifGun and it worked most of the time. Now it is stuck at 99% even with a simple 3 Seconds setup.   Is there a way to fix it?  I use AE 2023 on Mac Os Monterey  Thanks Best, Matthias
  • Thank you for the script. Currently, I am testing it out and I have a question. Is it possible to maintain the original filename of the composition instead of replacing spaces with underscores? This is crucial for me as I need to preserve the precise names in the resulting GIFs.
  • Hi! When can be GifGun 2 expected?
    Hi Ivan!
    It took us significantly more time to properly rewrite everything that cused major issues with GifGun 1.7. We expect beta to release early next week.

Nik
  • G. L. said:
    Thank you for the script. Currently, I am testing it out and I have a question. Is it possible to maintain the original filename of the composition instead of replacing spaces with underscores? This is crucial for me as I need to preserve the precise names in the resulting GIFs.
    Hi! This feature will be available in GifGun 2.

Nik
  • Hi Team, i used GifGun and it worked most of the time. Now it is stuck at 99% even with a simple 3 Seconds setup.   Is there a way to fix it?  I use AE 2023 on Mac Os Monterey  Thanks Best, Matthias
    Hi Matthias,
    GifGun 1.x sometimes get stuck with the template issues. Here's a way to troubleshoot it:

Nik
  • I've recently been experiencing some issues when exporting a transparent gif. Once exported - it plays extremely slowly, not at the currect frame rate. 
    Hi Jean-Paul,
    Have you tried playing the GIF in the browser? What was the original framerate?

Nik
  • Has anyone else been running into "engine error" in 2023?  I've been able to drag the resulting .MOV generated by GifGun into 2022 and render a GIF without issue, but 2023 is a no go.  Thanks
  • Has anyone else been running into "engine error" in 2023?  I've been able to drag the resulting .MOV generated by GifGun into 2022 and render a GIF without issue, but 2023 is a no go.  Thanks
    Hi Darren,

The Engine Error is most likely an issue when migrating files from 2022 to 2023. Please reinstall GifGun with aescripts manager app for 2023.

Nik
  • Can I check if anyone else has experienced this? I noticed this after a recent OS update, now GifGun (and ease copy for some reason) generates an error when launching. GifGun error states: "Unable to execute script at line 188. null is not an object". 

I've seen similar errors online when searching google and others comment abut dropbox which I don't have installed. I've tried to reset prefs, uninstall/reinstall AE, trying out on the LTS version as well, and still same issue.

I feel like this may be a MacOS thing, but if anyone experiences this, would appreciate any tips/solutions.

Running AE 23.3.0, on MacOS Ventura 13.3.1 (a), on an M1 MacBook Pro. Cheers. 

Update 20 May, 2023. Issue still persists for me when updating to latest AE 23.4.0.
  • When I Export in AE and my comp is called "\test\whatever\Icon"
    It'll automatically parse it to:
    [output folder]\test\whatever\Icon.gif

Would be nice if GIFGun can respect this too. Right now, GIFgun just renames it and exports it as:
    [output folder]\text_whatever_Icon.gif

I need the folder structure. Is there a workaround or does this simply not work in this plugin ? I'm currently still on the fence, as we're looking for a solution to export hundreds of gifs later this year into a very specific folder structure
  • "ENGINE ERROR" is constantly happening. AE 2022 and AE 2023 even with the latest version of GIFGUN using the aescripts installer. 

I get a .MOV but no gif conversion. 

• Does anyone else seem to get a limited palette in the generated GIF? It seems to establish the palette from early in the animation and any other colors used later in the animation are adapted. Because of this, I have to resort to Photoshop to generate a better balance of colors in the animated gif. Is this a support ticket issue? I can easily create examples.
  • When I export a gif using gifgun on my pc it exports the file as a .avi

How can I get gifgun to export as .gif instead?
  • I'm having the same issue as Brandon. I get a .mov file but no .gif encode. What do I need to do?
  • also not getting a gif made. The AVI yes, but just an empty folder where the gif should be. Wish I could roll back gifgin versions but cant see a download tot he one that worked :(  win 2023