• Hi, I have a problem with AEScripts lockdown 2 in after effect 2023.My result layer never in the right place. I don't understand the reason. What should I do to remedy this other than try to replace it at random so that it falls exactly where I want it to be?
    You either need to set your Lockdown frame specifically, or manually place UVs. Check out this tutorial, you can place the mesh wherever you want:

Cheers
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator

• would you explain to me sir how can i remove the black squares from my scene and after i render it still those black squares ruining my shot i tried to remove them but i dont know how.
  • those black boxes how do i remove them from my scene???
  • omer sari said:
    would you explain to me sir how can i remove the black squares from my scene and after i render it still those black squares ruining my shot i tried to remove them but i dont know how.

The best way to remove the watermark is to install Lockdown using the aescripts manager app, then use the app to press 'license'. Licensing the plugin removes the trial watermark-grid. Then go to "Edit/Purge/All Memory & Disk Cache", and the black grid will be removed.
    If you did a manual install, then at this link, https://aescripts.com/downloadable/customer/products/ you'll have access to a code that looks something like this: VRL*YOUR*NAME*LOTSOFLETTERSANDNUMBERS
    Apply the Plug-in to a layer, then at the top of Lockdown, press "register". Paste this code in, and press activate. The watermark will still be visible. To clear it, go to the After Effects Menu "Edit/Purge/All Memory & Disk Cache". This forces Lockdown to re-render, this time without any grid.

Cheers
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • In the video I watched for Lockdown 1.4 there was style transfer, exr vector export tracking etc but all this seems to be gone in version 2. The version I just bought. Is that method of style transfer still possible with this version?
  • In the video I watched for Lockdown 1.4 there was style transfer, exr vector export tracking etc but all this seems to be gone in version 2. The version I just bought. Is that method of style transfer still possible with this version?
    There was never style transfer as a feature in Lockdown, those examples were all done by an artist hand-painting the frame, then using Lockdown to track the paintings to the video. So Lockdown is able to tracked styled frames to video, but not generate the new style on any given frame.

Generate Vectors is gone, but that's only because it's obsolete. In Lockdown 2, as each frame tracks, it caches the data to disk, so the next time you track that frame, it will be nearly instant. I think the caching system is better than Generate Vectors just because you never have to think about it. Your work will speed up as you go, so long as you have the harddrive space to cache the data. Cache size can be managed in the settings window, it's off by default so we don't bloat your harddrive without you being aware of it.

Cheers
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Appreciate the fast response Chris. All good. I can generate temporally consistent keyframes with my ai methods so was planning to use lockdown tracking for the optical flow part to join them. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. This animation actually uses lockdown, and this is my first one.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-LFu4GuBno
    Jump to the 30 second mark to see the original video. Ebsynth was also used but lockdown gave it that extra quality.
    Thanks again. Great product
  • Appreciate the fast response Chris. All good. I can generate temporally consistent keyframes with my ai methods so was planning to use lockdown tracking for the optical flow part to join them. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. This animation actually uses lockdown, and this is my first one.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-LFu4GuBno
    Jump to the 30 second mark to see the original video. Ebsynth was also used but lockdown gave it that extra quality.
    Thanks again. Great product
    Very interesting! I think that's the best way to do it. Attempt to get a base coat down as quickly and easily as possible using automatic methods, then when you see imperfections, patch over them with Lockdown. Feel free to post back any shots you're working on, would be cool to see how far you can push it.

Cheers
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Hello. I would like to solve the problem: there is After effect 2022, Lockdown 2.7.3 version. After creating a composition with a video, I launch Lockdown and then click popout, then a window opens where my video file should open, but instead it's just a white screen. To remove it, you need to uncheck antialiasing and then everything becomes ok. What could be the problem? Maybe some codecs or components need to be installed? Windows 11 x64, Nvidia 3070, 32 GB RAM