• Heads up tried using with today's new AE 22 update and immediate problems. Completely freezes and crashes AE within seconds of doing anything in the popout.

Using with a project from previous version, imported into a new project. Haven't tested with a completely fresh project. Rolled back AE and works fine again.
    We've just tested with old projects in Ae 21 and Ae 22, so far we've seen no issues or crashes. I'm using Windows 10 by the way. Could you possibly send us any suspect project files via a help ticket, with a screen recording? Lockdown logs (not ae) could also help. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Hi there, I do not see lockdown in my version of AE 2022

I have gone to the AE sciprt manager and updated to 2.6 but do not see the option to launch Lockdown?
  • Hi there, I do not see lockdown in my version of AE 2022

I have gone to the AE sciprt manager and updated to 2.6 but do not see the option to launch Lockdown?
    Try again in about 10 minutes, I just checked the manager app and I didn't explicitly tag "ae 2022" as compatible. I just reset the flag, hopefully it'll behave as expected the next time you try it.

If that still doesn't work, send me a help ticket, and I can show you the methods for manual installation. It's not hard, just a little bit annoying. You just unzip the trial folder, and drop the .aex (windows) or .plugin (mac) into the plugins folder in the Ae directory.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • I was able to get lockdown to show up in AE 2022 by copying the latest installed version (which went into the 2021 folder) into the 2022 install. I launched and activated the plugin... the activation screen indicates that a it is activated for one user (and identifies me) but the copy-protection grid does not go away. Is there something simple I am doing wrong?

Brian
  • I was able to get lockdown to show up in AE 2022 by copying the latest installed version (which went into the 2021 folder) into the 2022 install. I launched and activated the plugin... the activation screen indicates that a it is activated for one user (and identifies me) but the copy-protection grid does not go away. Is there something simple I am doing wrong?

Brian
    If you had no watermark when working with previous versions of the plugin on the same computer, that is very strange and it's hard to guess what the cause could be. Can you try de-activating your license, (press register/deactivate) and then pasting it back in? And then purging the memory and disk cache, because our watermark is actually rasterized and saved into the render itself, therefor Ae will hold onto the watermark until something renderable changes within the effect. (You can find your license here https://aescripts.com/downloadable/customer/products/ ) If that doesn't work, feel free to send me a help ticket, I can send a temp license to help you get things up and running quickly while we try to figure out what might be causing the issues.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator

• I quit AE, relaunched... no go. I quit AE again, and quit AME as well, then relaunched, and now it's all clear! Something hung up the license between the two apps I guess.

Working now!

Brian
  • Spoke too soon... I applied it to a new clip and the black grid came back. So I quit AE and I got this error: 

( 5027 :: 12 )
    After Effects: AEGP Plugin Lockdown:
    Leaked effect refs
  • Spoke too soon... I applied it to a new clip and the black grid came back. So I quit AE and I got this error: 

( 5027 :: 12 )
    After Effects: AEGP Plugin Lockdown:
    Leaked effect refs
    Very strange. Makes me wonder if your license had been used on another machine, or well... I don't know. This is the kind of thing we'd need debug logs for. But definitely send in a help ticket and I can replace your license with a new one. Wherever that license may be entangled, the new one will hopefully not be!

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Hm... to troubleshoot I was going to install Lockdown on my Windows machine instead, just so I could keep this project moving forward... should I not do that? Most of my AEScripts licenses allow me to activate a product on different machines as long as I only use one at a time.
  • Hm... to troubleshoot I was going to install Lockdown on my Windows machine instead, just so I could keep this project moving forward... should I not do that? Most of my AEScripts licenses allow me to activate a product on different machines as long as I only use one at a time.
    We use the aescripts license system, so yes, it should behave that way. It's worth giving a shot on your other machine. Although I'm still pretty concerned it's working on and off on your mac. So at your convenience, I'd be glad to help troubleshoot that. If it's an issue with the licensing system and not with Lockdown, someone from aescripts will be able to help us sort it out.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Thanks, will do!
  • Quick heads up for new AE 2022:

I had a project from before the update.  Export with multi-frame rendering set to on crashes every time, but if you shut it off, Lockdown comp exports just fine, if not a bit slowly.

-G

• Gene Shaw said:
    Quick heads up for new AE 2022:

I had a project from before the update.  Export with multi-frame rendering set to on crashes every time, but if you shut it off, Lockdown comp exports just fine, if not a bit slowly.

-G

Thanks for the info, I think we've found the cause of just a few minutes ago. We'll be releasing a patch early Thursday morning that should solve any issues with Ae 2022 multiframe rendering.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Hello!
    What are the most important PC specs for using Lockdown? I would like to know if there is a recommended memory or graphic board.
    Currently, the AE version of Lockdown ver.1.6 is synthesizing from tracking using vector data.
    There will be multiple compositing points, and the composition for compositing using Lockdown will increase, and the preview on AE are very lag and slow.
    Also, if you have any improvement measures, I would appreciate it if you could teach me.
  • Hello!
    What are the most important PC specs for using Lockdown? I would like to know if there is a recommended memory or graphic board.
    Currently, the AE version of Lockdown ver.1.6 is synthesizing from tracking using vector data.
    There will be multiple compositing points, and the composition for compositing using Lockdown will increase, and the preview on AE are very lag and slow.
    Also, if you have any improvement measures, I would appreciate it if you could teach me.
    I'd say worry less about the specs, and just upgrade the software version. Lockdown 2.6.1 is available now, and 2.6.2 will be out soon. You will get a huge speed and performance boost by upgrading from 1.6. The update is free for all customers, please download it now.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Hello!
    I'd say worry less about the specs, and just upgrade the software version. Lockdown 2.6.1 is available now, and 2.6.2 will be out soon. You will get a huge speed and performance boost by upgrading from 1.6. The update is free for all customers, please download it now.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
    thank you!
    I gift it a try.
  • Hi there - using the latest 2.6.1 in AE22 with idle frame rendering turned off.

Question 1:
    I'm having this issue where tracked points become invisible when they are deselected. I can't figure out why they stay visible on some comps and not on others. Hardware: MacPro, MacOS 11.6.1 with Radeon VII GPU

Question 2: can multiple instances of lockdown be used in the same AE project?
  • Ralf Leeb said:
    Hi there - using the latest 2.6.1 in AE22 with idle frame rendering turned off.

Question 1:
    I'm having this issue where tracked points become invisible when they are deselected. I can't figure out why they stay visible on some comps and not on others. Hardware: MacPro, MacOS 11.6.1 with Radeon VII GPU

Question 2: can multiple instances of lockdown be used in the same AE project?
    1) Points are made to be invisible when they have no tracking data. So if a point tracks out of the frame, or is overlapped by a matte, it'll stop tracking and stop displaying. This was a design choice because on a lot of shots, seeing 'dead' points intermixed with the 'living' would be confusing and cluttered. You can continue tracking a point to keep it visible, or turn on Interpolation, which will make the point follow other living points.

2) We do not support instancing in the Cinema 4D style, where one change made to a Lockdown instance in Comp A will apply in Comp B. You can copy and paste the Lockdown effect once tracking is completed however, and have as many copies of Lockdown as you want in a project. I'd probably recommend only using one single instance/copy of Lockdown per comp however, because it's easy to get confused with all the pre-comps with similar names. When I track multiple objects in the same shot, I always use different comps for each object/track, then comp them together by deleting the background layers in all of the comps, and dropping them into the same new comp.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Thank you for a magnificent plug-in by the way.

My issue was caused by something else though:

I had points with tracking data disappear. Sometimes they were there and then they weren't. I figured out what the issue was: I was lining up 23.976 source footage to a reference cut that somebody had set to 23.9765, so the comp that was to line up the 23.976 footage was set to 23.9765. The resulting in and out points or the footage itself were off by a split-frame and that caused Lockdown to behave very strangely.

Once I aligned the ins and outs of the source footage properly the issues went away.

• Hello, 
    I'm having trouble with the program, as soon as click POPOUT on the lockdown plog-in Davinci resolve crashes, there is no way that I can use the lockdown plug-in my computer and I have 32 gigabits of ram, graphic card and processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.60 GHz,  please if there is any way you could provide a tip or instructions as to how I can solve this problem. 

Thank you.
  • Hello, 
    I'm having trouble with the program, as soon as click POPOUT on the lockdown plog-in Davinci resolve crashes, there is no way that I can use the lockdown plug-in my computer and I have 32 gigabits of ram, graphic card and processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.60 GHz,  please if there is any way you could provide a tip or instructions as to how I can solve this problem. 

Thank you.
    Can you please submit a help ticket? https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1462

Please create a Lockdown crash log. All you have to do is create a new folder on your PC, then cause the crash by pressing popout. 

If you send the log back to us, it'll likely help us find the issue because the log contains the line of code that was last executed that caused the crash. Usually after we receive the first log, we have to send you a test fix build which may result in one more log being required. So sorry for the inconvenience, but this is usually the most direct way to patch and fix these issues.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Hello,
    I was able to install the plug-in again but the main problem still continues, I will be sending another help ticket with the latest error.
  • I just started using Lockdown.  My project is using a 32 bit EXR sequence.  Everything is set to Preserve RGB and my project is set to 32 bit.  I'm running into an issue patching a white shirt where the brightest values are getting clipped once I run my patch through Lockdown.  If I drop that same patch in my comp without going through Lockdown it looks normal.  This only is obvious once a LUT is applied.  Hopefully you can help as this shot is due very soon!  See the attached screen shots.

Thanks!

David
    Lockdown - original shirt.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Lockdown - clipping in shirt patch.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
  • I just started using Lockdown.  My project is using a 32 bit EXR sequence.  Everything is set to Preserve RGB and my project is set to 32 bit.  I'm running into an issue patching a white shirt where the brightest values are getting clipped once I run my patch through Lockdown.  If I drop that same patch in my comp without going through Lockdown it looks normal.  This only is obvious once a LUT is applied.  Hopefully you can help as this shot is due very soon!  See the attached screen shots.

Thanks!

David
    Lockdown does not account for 32 bit footage. While many users have shocked by this, through all of our testing, we've found that fine detail beyond 8-bit adds no accuracy, rather it's often just noise or additional gradiation. Lockdown always clamps between 0-1, and reduces to 8-bit, regardless of the project settings. So, I would recommend turning your project to 8-bit mode, and temporarily disabling any color correction on the clip that creates the clipping, bringing the shirt back into the normalized range. Then track as usual, and once it's done, revert your project to previous settings. If the footage is clipping in 8-bit range, go back to 32-bit mode, pre-compose the clip with a levels effect that brings the shirt back to normalized range. Then on the pre-comp, add Lockdown and track there. You may also want to try the optional tracking filter for a shirt that has so little detail, since the wrinkles may likely catch the tracker's attention.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator

Thanks!

David
    In regards to rendering, rather than tracking, I had to make a video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q9kkf8rnyiit1h8/2021-12-20 09-04-52.mp4?dl=0

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Hello Chris!

I'm having some trouble with Lockdown, and I'm hoping that posting here for help is appropriate. I have the latest version installed, and for some reason I can't seem to draw an area to create a mesh. I hope it's just a simple oversight on my part and I'm just forgetting something. Here's a quick video to show what I mean: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dapu3h8x7xsmtje/2021-12-31 11-42-58.mp4?dl=0

Thank you, and happy new year!

Herman

• Hello Chris!

I'm having some trouble with Lockdown, and I'm hoping that posting here for help is appropriate. I have the latest version installed, and for some reason I can't seem to draw an area to create a mesh. I hope it's just a simple oversight on my part and I'm just forgetting something. Here's a quick video to show what I mean: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dapu3h8x7xsmtje/2021-12-31 11-42-58.mp4?dl=0

Thank you, and happy new year!

Herman
    The line is yellow in your video, which means the software is reading your actions as a click and drag, which only selects things. You need to hold Control while you click and drag on Windows, or CMD on Mac. This will turn the line blue, and generate a grid of points. If you are holding the key, make sure there's not any other program open like a screen capture software which may intercept key commands.

For a shot like this, I would probably recommend using the Optional Tracking Filter, and using a fairly small amount of points to get started, and then adding them as needed. That's just a side thought though.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Is it possible to use lockdown to get 3D objects from blender.
  • Are there any tutorials for 2.7? Every tutorial I find online is outdated. Extremely frustrating to learn when the UI is not the same! 
  • Is it possible to use lockdown to get 3D objects from blender.
    Lockdown can export an alembic, which is a 2D plane with vertex motion. At the moment we do not have any 3D solving capabilities, and it's faked with depth maps.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Are there any tutorials for 2.7? Every tutorial I find online is outdated. Extremely frustrating to learn when the UI is not the same! 
    The homepage at aescripts.com/lockdown is always up to date. If a tutorial says "Lockdown 2.5" That's the version the tutorial was recorded on, however nothing mentioned in the tutorial has changed since then, which is why it hasn't been updated. So for example, we've added a new button for Planar Perspective in 2.7, but since that feature is not even referenced in 2.5, the tutorial was not re-recorded. We always update the relevant tutorials with each new release, so the homepage is the best place to look, and then you know which tutorials are new by the version number, for example, any video with 2.8 on it, you'll want to watch when 2.8 releases.

Avoid Youtube tutorials for Lockdown, or anything you might find on Google. Those will go range all the way to 2018, when the plugin had no popout Window, and none of the controls are the same. 

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • How do I track page turn or flip or constantly changing. All points are going to crazy. I can't figured out.

• vij man said:

How do I track page turn or flip or constantly changing. All points are going to crazy. I can't figured out.

Track each point while it's visible, and set it to 'not trackable' once it would be non-visible and on the backside. 

Check out this tutorial for setting points to lose visibility 

You can also make adjustment points to correct stray tracking. I'd recommend starting with maybe just 9 points, so top left, top middle, top right, etc.. in a 3x3. Getting those tracks worked out, and then adding in additional points as needed. It always helps to build a skeleton and add divisions as you go.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Hey Chris, I keep getting an issue where the pixels seem to be stretching within the mesh. This doesn't happen all the time and I've had the mesh work fine on this same shot previously. While sometimes it happens randomly, it seems like it also happens if I make any changes inside the stabilized pre-comp. Any thoughts? 

Thanks!
    Brad

Screenshots here: 

• Hey Chris, I keep getting an issue where the pixels seem to be stretching within the mesh. This doesn't happen all the time and I've had the mesh work fine on this same shot previously. While sometimes it happens randomly, it seems like it also happens if I make any changes inside the stabilized pre-comp. Any thoughts? 

Thanks!
    Brad

Screenshots here: 

Check your UVs and make sure they're all on screen, and laid out properly. There's a UV overview on the homepage, but basically you can just choose a frame which has all of the points laid out flat, and press "Set Lockdown Mesh/UV". That's my best guess based on the image. There also might be an issue with Lockdown where track mattes change the size of the layer, so try to disable and remove mattes interacting with Lockdown just to see if that makes a difference. (I don't think that's it though.)

Feel free to send in a screen capture of the whole process, or a collected project file. I'm sure I can solve it pretty quickly.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Hey, I'm trying to do a really tight track on a rippling water surface, and thought generating a motion vector file might be useful so I could generate a really dense mesh. However I can't see any options to use pre-baked motion vector files (EXR sequences) in the latest version of Lockdown, Has that functionality been removed?
  • Hey, I'm trying to do a really tight track on a rippling water surface, and thought generating a motion vector file might be useful so I could generate a really dense mesh. However I can't see any options to use pre-baked motion vector files (EXR sequences) in the latest version of Lockdown, Has that functionality been removed?
    Nope, it's still there, just in a different spot as of 2.0. Go to your settings in the popout, and enable disk caching. (the gear icon). Then set your tracking settings to "Extremely Accurate". Now as you track, you'll notice the cache folder will fill up with cached tracking data. The first time you track a shot, it'll track slowly. Then every other time you track the same frame afterward, it'll track quickly because it's using the cached data. The system is all still there as it was in the past, it's just sort of invisible.
    More details here:

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
    Nope, it's still there, just in a different spot as of 2.0. Go to your settings in the popout, and enable disk caching. (the gear icon). Then set your tracking settings to "Extremely Accurate". Now as you track, you'll notice the cache folder will fill up with cached tracking data. The first time you track a shot, it'll track slowly. Then every other time you track the same frame afterward, it'll track quickly because it's using the cached data. The system is all still there as it was in the past, it's just sort of invisible.
    More details here:

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
    Thanks Chris, that makes sense. The only issue I guess is if you want to save the cache for a specific project (eg a long track you left running for an hour or more) - and need to jump between different projects, there's a danger you'll overwrite the cache and have to start over. It'd be quite cool to "break off" the cache for specific projects so it doesn't sit in the general pool
    More details here:

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
    Thanks Chris, that makes sense. The only issue I guess is if you want to save the cache for a specific project (eg a long track you left running for an hour or more) - and need to jump between different projects, there's a danger you'll overwrite the cache and have to start over. It'd be quite cool to "break off" the cache for specific projects so it doesn't sit in the general pool
    That's a fair drawback, although the tracker is so much faster now, that if it took you an hour before, it should only take 5-10 minutes now. Let me know if you find more use cases where that becomes problematic. So far it seems the temp cache works for most people and purposes, but I know there are advantages and disadvantages to both.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
    More details here:

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
    That's a fair drawback, although the tracker is so much faster now, that if it took you an hour before, it should only take 5-10 minutes now. Let me know if you find more use cases where that becomes problematic. So far it seems the temp cache works for most people and purposes, but I know there are advantages and disadvantages to both.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
    Cheers Chris, the new tracker is indeed massively faster now, so it isn't a huge issue at all. I assume the cache is actually holding pixel-level motion vector information? In which case, once I do a track, if I want to scale up the detail of a mesh, then I can just clear the existing mesh and draw a more detailed one - and it will use the same underlying motion vectors for the tracking?
    One potential cool feature to add in the future might be an option to subdivide meshes, to create more natural looking motion on curvy organic surfaces. Bonus points if there's multiple SubD types available (Using SubDs and UVs can cause some headaches I know, but many 3D apps handle them well - certainly Lightwave 3D did, back when I used that!)
  • Hello,
    I'm looking at buying Lockdown and wondered if there's a way to send the tracked points from Lockdown to a particle system (Trapcode Particular, Superluminal Stardust, or the good ole Particle Playground) so I can attach a particle to each tracking point, thus eliminating any distortion that might be introduced if I used Lockdown to warp a 2D comp-full of particles to a surface.
    Thanks,
    Paul
    More details here:

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
    Cheers Chris, the new tracker is indeed massively faster now, so it isn't a huge issue at all. I assume the cache is actually holding pixel-level motion vector information? In which case, once I do a track, if I want to scale up the detail of a mesh, then I can just clear the existing mesh and draw a more detailed one - and it will use the same underlying motion vectors for the tracking?
    One potential cool feature to add in the future might be an option to subdivide meshes, to create more natural looking motion on curvy organic surfaces. Bonus points if there's multiple SubD types available (Using SubDs and UVs can cause some headaches I know, but many 3D apps handle them well - certainly Lightwave 3D did, back when I used that!)
    Yes, you can actually just track 1 single point to generate vectors for the entire frame, it is pixel level for the entire shot. So you can add a more detailed mesh later and maintain the tracking benefits.
    As for subdivisions, we are thinking about how to do it best. It's somewhere on the road map.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Hello,
    I'm looking at buying Lockdown and wondered if there's a way to send the tracked points from Lockdown to a particle system (Trapcode Particular, Superluminal Stardust, or the good ole Particle Playground) so I can attach a particle to each tracking point, thus eliminating any distortion that might be introduced if I used Lockdown to warp a 2D comp-full of particles to a surface.
    Thanks,
    Paul
    At the moment, you can 'externalize' a point by selecting it and pressing externalize. That will expose the point as keyframes in Ae. However we have no integration with any other systems. For a dozen particles, this might be reasonable. For hundreds, it's probably not practical.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Chris,  I need to track an object which starts out of frame and the moves into frame as the shot ends.  What is the best workflow to track
    this type of shot.

Mark
  • Chris,  I need to track an object which starts out of frame and the moves into frame as the shot ends.  What is the best workflow to track
    this type of shot.

Mark
    You basically just have to create points to track where they're clear and visible, and then:

Set the points as trackable or not: 

And enable interpolation so the points which cannot be tracked follow the currently-tracking points, as they move out of frame: 

Always feel free to send in a help ticket with the footage!

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator

Thanks!
    Brad

Screenshots here: 

Check your UVs and make sure they're all on screen, and laid out properly. There's a UV overview on the homepage, but basically you can just choose a frame which has all of the points laid out flat, and press "Set Lockdown Mesh/UV". That's my best guess based on the image. There also might be an issue with Lockdown where track mattes change the size of the layer, so try to disable and remove mattes interacting with Lockdown just to see if that makes a difference. (I don't think that's it though.)

Feel free to send in a screen capture of the whole process, or a collected project file. I'm sure I can solve it pretty quickly.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
    Thanks, Chris! I was able to solve the issue by always precomping my lockdown layer and stabilized pre together. It seems to have solved the trick. Great work, this plugin is a masterpiece. 

Best,
    Brad
  • Hello.

Is there any plan to make the plugin Apple Silicon compatible anytime soon?
    There has been a quite usable Apple Silicon native beta for 4 months and I fully expect the occifical M1 Native version to be released within 2 months.
    Unfortunately, in the current state, the plugin doesn't seem to be compatible with Apple Silicon.

Thank you very much.

• Hello.

There has been a quite usable Apple Silicon native beta for 4 months and I fully expect the occifical M1 Native version to be released within 2 months.
    Unfortunately, in the current state, the plugin doesn't seem to be compatible with Apple Silicon.

Thank you very much.
    Are you having issues with After Effects or Resolve? I have a Silicon Mac at home, and everything seems to work pretty well in After Effects. For Resolve we're working on an issue where the plugin may not appear and load on some Macs. Feel free to send in a help ticket, it may help us figure out the issue faster.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator

• Hello.

Thank you very much.
    Are you having issues with After Effects or Resolve? I have a Silicon Mac at home, and everything seems to work pretty well in After Effects. For Resolve we're working on an issue where the plugin may not appear and load on some Macs. Feel free to send in a help ticket, it may help us figure out the issue faster.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
    Yes, but are you using the apple silicon after effects beta or are you running after effects via rosetta?
    I d'n't have the plugin yet as my will to purchase it is linked to its ability to run natively on Apple Silicon.

Thank you.

• Hello.

Thank you very much.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
    Yes, but are you using the apple silicon after effects beta or are you running after effects via rosetta?
    I d'n't have the plugin yet as my will to purchase it is linked to its ability to run natively on Apple Silicon.

Thank you.
    We have an internal build for M1 support in After Effects, but we don't plan on releasing it until the M1 build of After Effects is out of beta. We typically find it to be difficult to support plugins to run with beta builds, because the beta builds sometimes have issues, and those builds are constantly changing. We'll finish and release our M1 native version of the plugin shortly after the official release of the native M1 Ae build, for now our official release works with the official release of After Effects.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator