• Installed latest version of AE and the script is installed on the script UI Panel. Still having the line 4 error. Really frustrating.

This error is expected if you try to run the Lockdown script which was installed with Lockdown 1.3. You should delete that script. All functions necessary to using the latest version of Lockdown are contained in the plugin, and to use the new version, follow the tutorials on the homepage starting with the "quick start" tutorial at the top, and going down in order. 

How do I manually install Lockdown 2.2? 

Go to aescripts.com/lockdown (Top of this page)
    Press the green "Try" button to access the downloads, and download/unzip.
    Enter the Windows folder for a Windows install, copy and paste the .aex plugin file here: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects 2021\Support Files\Plug-ins
    Enter the Mac folder for a Mac install, copy and paste the .plugin file here: Applications/Adobe After Effects 2021/Plug-ins/

You may still have the following files in your computer from older versions. You can safely delete these from the "Plug-ins" and "script UI panels" folders:

GenerateVectors.aex
    GenerateVectors.plugin
    Lockdown.JSXBIN
    GV.aom
    "

• Hey, 

I'm trying Lockdown out now. Uniting the points with cmmnd-shift-click doesn't work most of the time, like 2 clicks out of 10 will succeed. 
    When I eventually got whatever mesh I could over the face, the checkers grid or whatever else I put on there, starts to jitter all over the place. Any thoughts please? 

Thanks! 
  • Hey, 

I'm trying Lockdown out now. Uniting the points with cmmnd-shift-click doesn't work most of the time, like 2 clicks out of 10 will succeed. 
    When I eventually got whatever mesh I could over the face, the checkers grid or whatever else I put on there, starts to jitter all over the place. Any thoughts please? 

Thanks! 
    Edges can't connect across existing edges. Some edges may not be shown if the points it's connected to are 'dead', although an edge may be located there anyway. Turn on interpolation so all points will be visible. Or maybe clear the mesh. This behavior depends on the version of Lockdown, 2.0 and later is smarter about it. I can't say in regards to jitter, there is not enough information. If the track isn't jittering and the mesh is, it's probably a GPU error which could be resolved on a help ticket.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Hello, I have a question regarding new version, 2.3.2, about Extremely Accurate method. As I understood, now there is no need to make an exr sequence of Connected vectors(it was a quite long process as I remember), it looks like Lockdown is now doing it simultaneously(but doing it quite slow). But.. what are the pros here? It's just in my logic, later, I rendered those vectors(long process, I could do another thing in that time) and then used Extremely accurate method to quickly track anything in this frame and it was superfast, becauce Lockdown already had all these heavy information, stored in exr sequence. Now, it is doing it every single time I track any point - literally doing the same operation of generating Connected vectors every time I track something. 
    My question, is it wise? Or, probably, you could leave an option for us to decide, generate those vectors just one time or use this process inside Popup Rollout?
    Or may be I have an issue, because my PC is tracking in Extremely Accurate mode in 1080p quite slowly. It tracked points much faster in older versions of Lockdown.
  • Hello, I have a question regarding new version, 2.3.2, about Extremely Accurate method. As I understood, now there is no need to make an exr sequence of Connected vectors(it was a quite long process as I remember), it looks like Lockdown is now doing it simultaneously(but doing it quite slow). But.. what are the pros here? It's just in my logic, later, I rendered those vectors(long process, I could do another thing in that time) and then used Extremely accurate method to quickly track anything in this frame and it was superfast, becauce Lockdown already had all these heavy information, stored in exr sequence. Now, it is doing it every single time I track any point - literally doing the same operation of generating Connected vectors every time I track something. 
    My question, is it wise? Or, probably, you could leave an option for us to decide, generate those vectors just one time or use this process inside Popup Rollout?
    Or may be I have an issue, because my PC is tracking in Extremely Accurate mode in 1080p quite slowly. It tracked points much faster in older versions of Lockdown.
    I mean, it's a fair comment. The new mode is much faster than the previous render was even at the same resolution. I would recommend only tracking at 540p, because it's still going to be pixel accurate. The downres track is only getting general motion, but there is still a subpixel shallow correction that happens on top of it. You're not going to get a much better result at 1080p than you will at 540p. 
    We couldn't keep the old method of rendering the vectors when we switched to the popout, the architecture just didn't support it. We do have it in our plans to eventually cache and render the vectors in the background while you work, as opposed to being stuck waiting for a render like the old system. Probably starting on that in September. I think overall you still get a much better experience with Lockdown 2.0 and later, vs pre-rendered vectors in one of the 1.0 versions, but I can understand why you'd probably like to see renderable vectors. We're also going to be optimizing that tracking process to make it much faster, so I can't say exactly which improvements you'll see first, but it's all coming.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
    I mean, it's a fair comment. The new mode is much faster than the previous render was even at the same resolution. I would recommend only tracking at 540p, because it's still going to be pixel accurate. The downres track is only getting general motion, but there is still a subpixel shallow correction that happens on top of it. You're not going to get a much better result at 1080p than you will at 540p. 
    We couldn't keep the old method of rendering the vectors when we switched to the popout, the architecture just didn't support it. We do have it in our plans to eventually cache and render the vectors in the background while you work, as opposed to being stuck waiting for a render like the old system. Probably starting on that in September. I think overall you still get a much better experience with Lockdown 2.0 and later, vs pre-rendered vectors in one of the 1.0 versions, but I can understand why you'd probably like to see renderable vectors. We're also going to be optimizing that tracking process to make it much faster, so I can't say exactly which improvements you'll see first, but it's all coming.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
    Chris, thank you SO MUCH for such a wide and detailed answer!! Thank you that you find some of your time on us! And, wow, great news about caching those vector in background, and making tracking process much faster, these are great news!! 
    And exeptional thank you for suggesting how to make it faster right now! I didn't think of using 540p, I'll try it right away in my project. 
    Best wishes to you and your team!!
  • I'm testing Lockdown open Beta on Fusion Studio on Mac. Where can I bug report? I have a few "big" issues to report!
  • I'm testing Lockdown open Beta on Fusion Studio on Mac. Where can I bug report? I have a few "big" issues to report!
    Please send a help ticket here: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direc=1

Thank you very much, we'll be as quick as we can to patch these issues!

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Please send a help ticket here: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direc=1
    Thank you very much, we'll be as quick as we can to patch these issues!

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
    Ticket sent!
  • i downloaded and purchased v2.4.2 and with the windows version it didn't come with scriptUI file.if i take the .jsx file from MAC, i get the error line4 as well and i can't seem to figure this out. even with ae scripts plugin manager it won't install properly. extremely frustrating installation process

any help is much appreciated
  • i downloaded and purchased v2.4.2 and with the windows version it didn't come with scriptUI file.if i take the .jsx file from MAC, i get the error line4 as well and i can't seem to figure this out. even with ae scripts plugin manager it won't install properly. extremely frustrating installation process

any help is much appreciated
    There are not supposed to be any JSX or JSXBIN files in Lockdown. That JSX file you found in the Mac folder was supposed to be hidden, and not to be used on Windows. If you're installing on Windows you just need to put the .aex into the plugins folder. 

You can install it using the manager app as seen here: 
    And can confirm the plugin is deployed to the correct directory: 
    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects 2021\Support Files\Plug-ins\Vranos

Any other tutorials or information about installation you may find online is outdated, please only refer to the installation section on the homepage. There used to be side JSXBIN files in older versions of Lockdown, but it's no longer necessary.

If for whatever reason the manager app does not work, maybe if you have After Effects installed to an external drive that our manager app does not recognize, you can just drag the .aex into the above directory, but relative to the install location.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Hey Chris. Im experimenting with lockdown for OFX fusion and wanted to share some results from my testing. can I just post here? thanks. REALLY working well. **edit** saw the earlier post about bug reports. would be great help to see what others are finding as well so we can all be on the same page and not report the same things over and over. thanks**
  • john brav said:
    Hey Chris. Im experimenting with lockdown for OFX fusion and wanted to share some results from my testing. can I just post here? thanks. REALLY working well. **edit** saw the earlier post about bug reports. would be great help to see what others are finding as well so we can all be on the same page and not report the same things over and over. thanks**
    I think that's a good point. Normally issues and bugs go to help tickets, and I think if they get very into detail it's better that way, however with general feedback and ideas, this is a good place to post. Looking forward to your feedback. Also, I've been posting the larger bugs on the top of the homepage.

As a side note however, it often is helpful for us to get the same bug report over and over and over again from different people, because when we're unable to solve something, it helps us find common ground. "Oh, all 3 of these people have the exact same graphics card". So never feel shy about sending in a help ticket that may already exist, all data is good data.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Hi,

I'm getting invalid license error when using my license for resolve. I have the latest version installed. 
  • Hi,

I'm getting invalid license error when using my license for resolve. I have the latest version installed. 
    You've double checked it's 2.4.2? We definitely had that error on some computers with 2.4.0, I'm just wondering if there's any possible caching issue with your installer, and it's not recognizing the new version. If that's not the case, could you please send a help ticket, and copy and paste your license so we can see it? I can try to activate it on my end for debugging purposes, and of course generate you a new license immediately and send it back.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Hello
    I work in South Korea.

The project we are currently working on is 4K HDR content.

4K HDR
    video depth 12bit
    color space ACES

I wonder if it is possible to operate at .
  • Hello
    I work in South Korea.

The project we are currently working on is 4K HDR content.

4K HDR
    video depth 12bit
    color space ACES

I wonder if it is possible to operate at .
    To be honest I don't know much about colorspace conversions in After Effects. You would think the guy who made Composite Brush would, but I personally haven't used ACES.

My best guess is this-

If you want to work in After Effects, you can work in 32-bit mode, set it to be linear, and work that way. Lockdown will render it's mesh 32 bit without issue.

If you are working in Resolve, I believe Resolve makes sure you render out with the same quality of the footage you input. But we haven't tested it.

If you're working in another application, perhaps you can export Lockdown mesh to Alembic, to be used in another application.

I'm sorry I don't know the exact answer, But it might be a good idea to try the free trial, and test with a very simple track, just to see if the color is preserved when rendering.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Thank you for your quick reply.
    I asked for a free trial on Friday, but there was no link.
    I can't wait to test it. :)

YouTube videos show that 4K trekking is possible from version 2.2 or higher.
    Is this only a tracking point issue?
    Or is the depth of the video related?

My friend is using Lockdown 2.1. My friend told me that there might be a problem working on ACES HDR. So we did a test on ACES 4K HDR.
    4K HDR contents Canon C300 XF-AVC file.

DaVinci Resolve color space settings
    Color Science : ACEScct
    ACES version : ACES 1.1
    No IDT, No ODT
    Process node LUTs in : ACES AP0 linear

converted
    1. EXR(RGB half(PIZ Compression))
    2. EXR(RGB float(PIZ Compression))

I tested the EXR converting file on After Effects.

After Effects settings
    Depth : 32bits per channel(float)
    Working Space : None
    Color Management Profile : Preserve RGB Check

When i use the plug-in, the highlight part is clipped.

Is this a problem with ACES?
    Or is it a video depth problem?
    Or is it a setting problem?

Great program!!
    Great Creator!!
    thanks
  • Thank you for your quick reply.
    I asked for a free trial on Friday, but there was no link.
    I can't wait to test it. :)

YouTube videos show that 4K trekking is possible from version 2.2 or higher.
    Is this only a tracking point issue?
    Or is the depth of the video related?

My friend is using Lockdown 2.1. My friend told me that there might be a problem working on ACES HDR. So we did a test on ACES 4K HDR.
    4K HDR contents Canon C300 XF-AVC file.

DaVinci Resolve color space settings
    Color Science : ACEScct
    ACES version : ACES 1.1
    No IDT, No ODT
    Process node LUTs in : ACES AP0 linear

converted
    1. EXR(RGB half(PIZ Compression))
    2. EXR(RGB float(PIZ Compression))

I tested the EXR converting file on After Effects.

After Effects settings
    Depth : 32bits per channel(float)
    Working Space : None
    Color Management Profile : Preserve RGB Check

When i use the plug-in, the highlight part is clipped.

Is this a problem with ACES?
    Or is it a video depth problem?
    Or is it a setting problem?

Great program!!
    Great Creator!!
    thanks
    You should have definitely received an email with a license, I'm sorry if for whatever reason it didn't make it to you. Please send in a help ticket, and I'll send you a license personally as a response!

I'm not surprised that the video is clipped. We might have taken a programming shortcut because the tracking algorithms only accept normalized colors between 0-1. We might have to rewrite part of it the actual mesh render is not clipped. So far no one has asked for this feature from us. Maybe as a solution, you could use a 1D lut (Levels) to normalize your footage before working with Lockdown, then reverse the 1D lut after exiting. I can show you how to do this on a help ticket, since I think actually fixing this in the software might take some time.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator

• Oh, I'm really, really sorry.
    The demo download link mail was in the promotional archive of Google Mail.

I got the demo. Thank you.

So...
    I tested the latest version of the demo. The result was very surprising and disapointed.

As Creator said, we worked in advance of 1d LUT. However, the After Effects program showed the same phenomenon. 
    But it worked very well at Resolve. TT

This shows the limits of the After Effects program.
    This allows us to solve everything in the Resolve.

Thank you for your quick reply always. Thanks to you, I was able to solve many things.
    I'm going to buy your plug-in soon.

(Ah... this isn't about a plug-in, this is another question. We may not always work in a forward. Sometimes we have to track backwards. But I can't find a way to track the Davinci Resolve fusion paint tool clone function backwards. Do you know how?)

amazing
    thanks
  • Oh, I'm really, really sorry.
    The demo download link mail was in the promotional archive of Google Mail.

I got the demo. Thank you.

So...
    I tested the latest version of the demo. The result was very surprising and disapointed.

As Creator said, we worked in advance of 1d LUT. However, the After Effects program showed the same phenomenon. 
    But it worked very well at Resolve. TT

This shows the limits of the After Effects program.
    This allows us to solve everything in the Resolve.

Thank you for your quick reply always. Thanks to you, I was able to solve many things.
    I'm going to buy your plug-in soon.

(Ah... this isn't about a plug-in, this is another question. We may not always work in a forward. Sometimes we have to track backwards. But I can't find a way to track the Davinci Resolve fusion paint tool clone function backwards. Do you know how?)

amazing
    thanks
    I'm sorry to say I'm not very good with Resolve painting, so I'm not sure. There must be some sort of timeline tool to let you see and edit stroke length and time.

I think the After Effects color issues can be fixed, I have put it on our list. Hopefully we can update it relatively soon.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Thank you.
    The plug-in was purchased under we'er company account.
    I've already tried the part you mentioned.
    But it wasn't controlled. I'll look it up again.

I'm glad to hear that After Effects' issue can be resolved.
    We'll be waiting for your update.

Watch out for COVID-19. Always be healthy.
    And... please help us a lot.

Beautiful Plug-in
    Great Developer
    thanks
  • The developer blocks people for criticism. 
    He blocked my account from commenting and even told me that in the comment cuz muah it can hurt his sales. Here's the video  proof 
    I told him the UI and UX sucks. I bothered to design and offer a better one for him for FREE. 
    Instead, as a paying customer I got blocked. That's what you get people. 

• Sir Smi said:
    The developer blocks people for criticism. 
    He blocked my account from commenting and even told me that in the comment cuz muah it can hurt his sales. Here's the video  proof 
    I told him the UI and UX sucks. I bothered to design and offer a better one for him for FREE. 
    Instead, as a paying customer I got blocked. That's what you get people. 

I was about to buy it. Thanks mate. Saved me 190.
    No money for American commie.
  • Great plugin! How were you hopping back and forth from front to back frames to check track? Are there any keys to toggle jumping from key frames or Head and Tail of shot?
  • Great plugin! How were you hopping back and forth from front to back frames to check track? Are there any keys to toggle jumping from key frames or Head and Tail of shot?
    The timeline is circular, so if you go all the way to the left, then press left, it'll go to the end. If you go all the way to the right, then press right, it'll go to the beginning. We are going to add hotkeys to let you set markers on your timeline, and shortcut (1,2,3, etc...) through them, so you can set markers in 10 places. Hopefully we can update that soon.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
    The timeline is circular, so if you go all the way to the left, then press left, it'll go to the end. If you go all the way to the right, then press right, it'll go to the beginning. We are going to add hotkeys to let you set markers on your timeline, and shortcut (1,2,3, etc...) through them, so you can set markers in 10 places. Hopefully we can update that soon.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
    Got ya! So you were just looping all the way around. Cool. Markers are a great idea. Even just hopping from keys would be cool to like each adjustment key would help. I think its j and k in main AE interface to hop between keys. Home and End would be great for head and tail. Thanks for the quick response and support. Using it on a huge Apple show as we speak. Can't speak highly enough about this plugin and tech. So much more control than smart vectors its insane.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
    Got ya! So you were just looping all the way around. Cool. Markers are a great idea. Even just hopping from keys would be cool to like each adjustment key would help. I think its j and k in main AE interface to hop between keys. Thanks for the quick response and support. Using it on a huge Apple show as we speak. Can't speak highly enough about this plugin and tech. So much more control than smart vectors its insane.
    Awesome, so glad it's helping! Yes, J and K definitely make sense. That might take a little while because currently we're just showing the adj points of one single selected point, and we have a bit of work to do to handle multiple selected points, as well as potentially showing all adjustments when nothing is selected. But yes, that convenience will absolutely be a point of convenience as we tighten things up on our way to our next release.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • My interface is very different from the one used in your Quick Start video. It's version 2.4.3 but it doesn't have an "Options" button or a "Set Lockdown Mesh/UV Frame" button to name a few. What's going on with that?
  • My interface is very different from the one used in your Quick Start video. It's version 2.4.3 but it doesn't have an "Options" button or a "Set Lockdown Mesh/UV Frame" button to name a few. What's going on with that?
    Hey, please run the manager app, and check for updates, restarting it if you must. You're on the earlier version 2.4.3, and should be on 2.5.0. It's possible the manager app did not refresh, even though the newer build was available. But yes, that interface is wrong, updating to 2.5.0 will solve your problems.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • I'm being direct and honest here. You're one disgusting creature dude. Censorship is not good for business. The guy who bought your plugin did your job for you to improve usability for everyone and you censor his comment 'cause someone might think not to buy? I wouldn't even care about his comment to affect my purchase. Nobody would in his right mind. But about your fragrant censorship I do care LOTS. You can easily rival Autodesk in disgusting. 
    Come to think of that I was rushing to buy your plugin on sale.

• Hey Chris,

I've been playing around with multi frame render in the AE 22 Beta. Do you have any plans to make this compatible? How big of a nightmare is that. Was hoping it might be a win win and make Lockdown faster on 4k and 8k like what chaching did. Thanks for keeping this plugin moving forward.

c
  • Hey Chris,

I've been playing around with multi frame render in the AE 22 Beta. Do you have any plans to make this compatible? How big of a nightmare is that. Was hoping it might be a win win and make Lockdown faster on 4k and 8k like what chaching did. Thanks for keeping this plugin moving forward.

c
    We have indefinite plans to speed up Lockdown, but realistically we tend to begin working with new features when they're out of beta. In the past, we had tried to work with beta versions, and there was a lot of confusion in knowing if a crash was coming from the Ae side, or our side. We tend to work most efficiently after Adobe has verified their features for release, and can guarantee total stability. So yes, if the multi frame render can bring extra speed, and we need to make changes to take advantage of it, we will. Unless somehow it does it automatically, which wouldn't surprise. (I'm a little behind on the beta releases, I'm too deep in my own work!)

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Hi Chris, when I use lockdown I get this weird grid which I can't seem to get rid of, it ultimately ends up being overlaid on my footage that i'm tracking. Am I missing something here? In your tutorials this grid is never applied. (btw all of my comp settings/frame rate/size all match - using AE 2021)

• Hi Chris, when I use lockdown I get this weird grid which I can't seem to get rid of, it ultimately ends up being overlaid on my footage that i'm tracking. Am I missing something here? In your tutorials this grid is never applied. (btw all of my comp settings/frame rate/size all match - using AE 2021)

Did you register the plugin with a license? That's just the watermark grid for trial mode. You can license it by logging into the aescripts manager app, finding the plugin, and pressing license.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • I just got this and tried it with animals and it works great, just like your quick start tutorial, thanks! :)

However I tried it on the outside of a simple white porcelain coffee cup that wasn't moving (only the camera was moving slowly) and the tracking image didn't stay still, kept stretching all over the place - am I doing something wrong or is there another way to approach this?
  • I just got this and tried it with animals and it works great, just like your quick start tutorial, thanks! :)

However I tried it on the outside of a simple white porcelain coffee cup that wasn't moving (only the camera was moving slowly) and the tracking image didn't stay still, kept stretching all over the place - am I doing something wrong or is there another way to approach this?
    Sometimes it helps to use the 'optional tracking filter' to bring out details the tracker can follow. Removing noise and grain can also help. Try the 'extremely accurate' mode if possible, but another option might be using the regular accurate 1.6 mode, setting the resolution down, and setting the tracking scale up to try to look at the whole cup as a texture. It's a long story but our tracker typically looks for small patterns to follow, so when you have a big broad area of color like the sky, a white cup, a flat white wall, etc... It has trouble telling apart one white area from another. One of the best ways to compensate is to bring out details with contrast. Feel free to send the footage via a help ticket, I can see if there's any tricks I can come up with.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • I asked on Twitter, but I'll ask here as well b/c the info might be helpful. 

I'm tracking a folding screen (laptop/tablet form factor that has a foldable screen) and it *almost* works great. I feel like with the right tracking marker screen I'll have it nailed (I was using something that was busier than a traditional tracking screen but not likely detailed enough to capture all the detail I want *and* prevent unnecessary deformities from blank expanses of screen space). 

But my question mainly revolves around the screen edge - where it meets the bezel. Is there a way to starch or pin corners or sides? Unfortunately with a non-organic shape it just kind of flips out all around the edges which would be a no-go for screen replacement. 

I know this is made for more organic use-cases, but the new foldable screen tech is like this weird blend of traditional planar tracking and organic bends... any tips?
  • I asked on Twitter, but I'll ask here as well b/c the info might be helpful. 

I'm tracking a folding screen (laptop/tablet form factor that has a foldable screen) and it *almost* works great. I feel like with the right tracking marker screen I'll have it nailed (I was using something that was busier than a traditional tracking screen but not likely detailed enough to capture all the detail I want *and* prevent unnecessary deformities from blank expanses of screen space). 

But my question mainly revolves around the screen edge - where it meets the bezel. Is there a way to starch or pin corners or sides? Unfortunately with a non-organic shape it just kind of flips out all around the edges which would be a no-go for screen replacement. 

I know this is made for more organic use-cases, but the new foldable screen tech is like this weird blend of traditional planar tracking and organic bends... any tips?
    It's tough to say without seeing the video, but you can always send in a sample via a help ticket. So yes, the thing about it being an 'organic' tracker is that each point tracks independently. The advantage to that is simply that the mesh can warp and bend. Of course the disadvantage is that in regions in which no distinct texture is available, these points might not follow the object as a whole. I'd suggest trying to find small areas with texture, and just tracking a handful of points. Make sure to denoise the footage, and perhaps use the optional tracking filter to bring out high frequency textures. Then use expansion points to follow. I'd be glad to take a look myself if the footage is not under NDA (About half of the time it is, but figured it's worth asking).

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Alright I've submitted a ticket with WeTransfer link with the files! Thanks!

Sometimes it helps to use the 'optional tracking filter' to bring out details the tracker can follow. Removing noise and grain can also help. Try the 'extremely accurate' mode if possible, but another option might be using the regular accurate 1.6 mode, setting the resolution down, and setting the tracking scale up to try to look at the whole cup as a texture. It's a long story but our tracker typically looks for small patterns to follow, so when you have a big broad area of color like the sky, a white cup, a flat white wall, etc... It has trouble telling apart one white area from another. One of the best ways to compensate is to bring out details with contrast. Feel free to send the footage via a help ticket, I can see if there's any tricks I can come up with.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
    Thank you! This is invaluable advice and what I was hoping for :) I had a feeling that certain surfaces/colors have some tricks to it. I'll try to resolve this myself now before thinking about a help ticket.
  • I'm sorry, I'm not good at English, so I'm asking through a translator
    I live in South Korea
    Post to Instagram using the lockdown plugin
    I plan to upload If you buy a single user license, there is no problem with the license.
    I wonder if there is
  • john kim said:
    I'm sorry, I'm not good at English, so I'm asking through a translator
    I live in South Korea
    Post to Instagram using the lockdown plugin
    I plan to upload If you buy a single user license, there is no problem with the license.
    I wonder if there is
    The single user license is the correct license for an individual. The floating licenses and render-only licenses are not correct for individuals, those are only for use at larger companies that share licenses across many computers.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • HI,
    I am having issues that I didnt have before.Lockdown is not showing the checkerboard or anything on the stabilized layer anymore.This issue just statred.It appears to do all the work and calculations then nothing in the viewport.I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and same thing.I just updated my NVIDIA driver and im wondering if thats the cause.Im on AEcc 2020 lockdown v 2.5 .I am registered

Thanks
    lock.JPG
    1659 x 955 - 160K
    lock2.JPG
    2521 x 963 - 186K
  • HI,
    I am having issues that I didnt have before.Lockdown is not showing the checkerboard or anything on the stabilized layer anymore.This issue just statred.It appears to do all the work and calculations then nothing in the viewport.I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and same thing.I just updated my NVIDIA driver and im wondering if thats the cause.Im on AEcc 2020 lockdown v 2.5 .I am registered

Thanks
    It's possible the drivers could be responsible, I can't say for sure. I agree it would be quite a coincidence if you installed new drivers, and suddenly Lockdown stopped rendering.
    Can you please submit a help ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1462 and if possible, send me a copy of the project file?
    Something looks strange in your two screenshots. The mesh is rendering, because you can see a faint black outline in the first image. But it's not rendering the stabilized composition, because you can't see the checkerboard. I can't guess much further than that, but my guess is there's something that could be changed or fixed in the project file. I might also suggest to delete every single layer except for the main layer with Lockdown on it. (Including the vectors, which are obsolete and can't be used in Lockdown 2.5). Then enter the popout and press "Set Lockdown Mesh/UV frame". Then press 'unlockdown' and then press 'lockdown' to see if that can reset everything.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator

• Hello,
    I'm using Lockdown 2 on footage with anamorphic pixels. I seem to be getting a good amount of track point drift and the popout window does not preserve the Pixel Aspect Ration Correction for previewing. Are there settings that I'm missing for non-square pixels?
    Thank you

• Hello,
    I'm using Lockdown 2 on footage with anamorphic pixels. I seem to be getting a good amount of track point drift and the popout window does not preserve the Pixel Aspect Ration Correction for previewing. Are there settings that I'm missing for non-square pixels?
    Thank you

Well I could guess those two are connected, so thanks for those details. If you could send us a project file via a help ticket, we might be able to reproduce it, and hopefully patch it. (That may take a while of course.) So for now I think your best is to put the footage into a composition with square pixels, then pre-compose it moving all attributes into the new comp, then track on top of that.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Hi !

I am trying to use your overlaping system but some options remain grayed out. The one at the bottom right that you talk about in this video : What do I need to do to be able to use them ? Thank you

Simon
  • Hi !

I am trying to use your overlaping system but some options remain grayed out. The one at the bottom right that you talk about in this video : What do I need to do to be able to use them ? Thank you

Simon
    They only work when you're in the tracking tabs, and have points selected. Those buttons in the bottom right are context sensitive to only work on individual points. If selecting points doesn't make them usable, please let us know via a help ticket!

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Heads up tried using with today's new AE 22 update and immediate problems. Completely freezes and crashes AE within seconds of doing anything in the popout.

Using with a project from previous version, imported into a new project. Haven't tested with a completely fresh project. Rolled back AE and works fine again.