• Hi Chris, 
    four questions....
    How to you zoom in on pop out screen? This is a must but I can't work out how to do it.
    Where is the tutorial for adding the plants to the rhino?
    What brush did you use to paint the wolf in Photoshop on the wolf tutorial?
    How does one stop the mesh from becoming tangled and the nodes sticking to one another when creating a mesh?

Thanks,
    Dave

• Hi Chris, 
    four questions....
    How to you zoom in on pop out screen? This is a must but I can't work out how to do it.
    Where is the tutorial for adding the plants to the rhino?
    What brush did you use to paint the wolf in Photoshop on the wolf tutorial?
    How does one stop the mesh from becoming tangled and the nodes sticking to one another when creating a mesh?

Thanks,
    Dave

You should just be able to scroll in with your mouse to zoom in.
    This is the tutorial: 
    I actually don't know which brush was used for the wolf, a freelancer painted that. I am terrible with Photoshop and all things painting. I'd look into the Kyle Webster Brush packs for Photoshop, each brush kit has visual samples, so it's easy to find a style you like, and install.
    Tangling happens when points push closer to each other, and start using the same data and begin moving in unison. The best way to avoid tangling is to create a base with very few points. Check out our latest intro tutorial, which outlines the procedure around 2 minutes in: 

Cheers,
    Chris
  • How do I DELETE a point.. ?????
  • How do I DELETE a point.. ?????
    alt click it. All the controls can be found under the ? icon in the popout interface, or in the tutorials on mesh creation and editing on the homepage.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Hi & thanks for the great tool.

My only wish so far is customizable key shortcuts, please.
    I use mostly keys, pen & tablet. For example zoom is not possible without grabbing that mouse.
    I would like to use same shortcuts for timeline and screen navigation I use in AE. Plus using several software all with different shortcuts hurts my brain.

Cheers
  • Hi & thanks for the great tool.

My only wish so far is customizable key shortcuts, please.
    I use mostly keys, pen & tablet. For example zoom is not possible without grabbing that mouse.
    I would like to use same shortcuts for timeline and screen navigation I use in AE. Plus using several software all with different shortcuts hurts my brain.

Cheers
    This idea is rooted in common sense, it hurts my brain too. I've taken a screengrab of your comment, and it's now somewhere on the growing to-do list. Apologies if you don't see it implemented anytime too soon, we are deep underway with some important structural/efficiency updates, but I do see the need to match hotkeys and commands with Ae soon-ish.

Cheers
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Hello is it working on MacBook M1 ?

• Hello is it working on MacBook M1 ?

Yes! And it's very fast too. Keep in mind that as Adobe makes changes and updates, we might need to make changes and updates to match, but as of the most recent M1 beta build, everything is working as expected.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Track Points get effected by moving objects that are very far from the point , any solution for this?

• Track Points get effected by moving objects that are very far from the point , any solution for this?

If a point is on the edge of an object, it may have trouble tracking. Try to track more on the inside of an object, and create expansion points towards or outside the edges.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Is there any way to scale all the points down in the Stabilized UV Layout or scale up the canvas in relation to the points? I'm finding it hard to keep the texel density equal when doing this work by hand.
  • Is there any way to scale all the points down in the Stabilized UV Layout or scale up the canvas in relation to the points? I'm finding it hard to keep the texel density equal when doing this work by hand.
    Unfortunately there is not, at this time you have to move points one by one, and can't yet grab a group of points and scale it, rotate it, etc... One helpful method however, is if you create a quad, then Ctrl+shift click and drag across the quad, it will subdivide it. So what I typically do is track 4 points on an object first, then subdivide it a few times to create even intersections, and keeping the mesh density the same. Sorry if this seems like an obvious feature omission, there's just so much on our todo list because the plugin spans a lot of different disciplines, it takes a long time to really perfect any given subset of tools.

Cheers
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • When I click on the popout button my footage darkens down. Any ideas?
  • When I click on the popout button my footage darkens down. Any ideas?
    My best guess is your project is set to 32 bit, or to a linear colorspace. We don't compensate for any color profile differences within Lockdown.
    I would recommend setting your project to 8-bit, with normal (non-linear) gamma while tracking, then returning it to whatever settings you need afterward.
    Lockdown has never and (probably) will never track with greater than 8 bit accuracy. We did tons and tons of testing to see how bit depth effects tracking accuracy, and the short summary is it has almost zero impact on final quality. The tracker typically doesn't look at exact color values because there's tons of variance with lighting and shading changes. It looks at patterns and textures overall, which are basically identical when converting from 32-bit to 8-bit. So you tend to get a much faster track when working in 8 bit, at the sacrifice of an insignificant amount of accuracy.

Cheers
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Hi I feel like I've seen the solution to this before but I can't find it now. I have a grid on my lockdown comp creating gaps in my graphics. It's really messing up my workflow. I remember there being a quick fix. Can you please post the fix or a link to it? Thanks very much!
  • max bloom said:
    Hi I feel like I've seen the solution to this before but I can't find it now. I have a grid on my lockdown comp creating gaps in my graphics. It's really messing up my workflow. I remember there being a quick fix. Can you please post the fix or a link to it? Thanks very much!
    This grid is the trial mode watermark. It goes away when you buy/register the plugin, which you can do with the aescripts manager app. https://aescripts.com/learn/aescripts-aeplugins-manager-app/

Cheers
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • hi just downloaded the trial to try it before I buy.
    when hitting the popout button, it opens fine, but no footage. it starts with a white screen instead of the footage and then goes to black
    tried 8bit 16bit and 32bit, none of it helped get my footage to appear.
    help?
  • Eli Rezik said:
    hi just downloaded the trial to try it before I buy.
    when hitting the popout button, it opens fine, but no footage. it starts with a white screen instead of the footage and then goes to black
    tried 8bit 16bit and 32bit, none of it helped get my footage to appear.
    help?
    Please send in a help ticket:

This is always a very difficult issue to diagnose because it's a result of the graphics drivers not being used properly. 

Please let us know your GPU. Lockdown doesn't work with onboard GPUs, it would have to be a dedicated card from Nvidia, ATI, or an M1 graphics solution.

Double check your graphics drivers, shut down Ae, and update them if you can, then restart your computer.

Let us know if you have any software that could change your GPU settings or drivers. We find sometimes Lockdown stops working on a computer immediately after the user installs Unity, Unreal, or Virtual Reality software. To be honest we haven't been able to figure out why yet, because I have all 3 of these on my computer, and no issues. There must be some specific optional installation I haven't done, or maybe background processes running?

Also, make sure Ae is up to date.

You can send us a log which may help us identify which part of the code is failing: https://youtu.be/m-B1FXWh-jM

I'm sorry to say this problem sometimes can't be solved easily, but hopefully with some updates, or log info, we can figure it out.

Cheers
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Chris, would you ever consider doing a livestream on YouTube where Lockdown users could ask questions in the chat? I think that would be really helpful
  • Chris, would you ever consider doing a livestream on YouTube where Lockdown users could ask questions in the chat? I think that would be really helpful
    Sure. If you have a shot in mind, feel free to send it in. (As long as you have the rights to it.)
    I can see what I can do with it.

Cheers
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Hello!
    Thanks for your great piece of software!
    Do you recommend some way to work with anamorphic footage in Lockdown?
    The Lockdown UI does not read the custom aspect ratio set in metadata (exr) or After Effects interpretation settings. By the way, full res tracking on 6k anamorphic footage is absurdly slow.
    tanks in advance!
  • Hello!
    Thanks for your great piece of software!
    Do you recommend some way to work with anamorphic footage in Lockdown?
    The Lockdown UI does not read the custom aspect ratio set in metadata (exr) or After Effects interpretation settings. By the way, full res tracking on 6k anamorphic footage is absurdly slow.
    tanks in advance!
    For anamorphic footage, it's probably easiest to create a composition with square pixels, then stretch the footage to fit, then pre-compose it moving all attributes into the new comp. That way the composition will be considered square pixel. Sorry to say anamorphic is somewhat of an edge case that's on our radar, but towards the back of the priority list.

Yes, it is absurdly slow at full res, but I would never track anything at Full Res in Lockdown. To explain, there are two tracking processes in Lockdown. The first is the 'global tracking' which just gets a general idea where things are moving. This doesn't require high resolution. In simple terms, if I showed you a video of a person, and said "find the persons eyeball on each frame" you'd be able to find it in a 6k shot, and you'd be able to find it just as easily at 270p. You're looking at the greater form of the subject, and high resolution is not required. We've done metrics on this, and even at 270p, it performs almost exactly the same as 4k in terms of quality. (The only time this kind of breaks down is when looking at super fine hair detail, where at a very low resolution, hair might be blended down into a flat color and have no discernible texture, but that's pretty uncommon.)

The second process is 'pixel matching' which does a shallow search to make sure the point snaps to the correct texture at full res. This is why it's ok to find global motion at low res, because the shallow search will snap the point to the correct point using the high res. The shallow search is very fast because we know we're probably only looking within a 16x16 block, and it's not considering NEARLY as many possibilities of range as the global search is. So you gain almost no quality when tracking in full resolution, and are still pixel accurate when using the lower resolution tracking modes.

Take a look at this video to show how it all works: 

Cheers
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Hey Chris, Would you recommend Lockdown for for reverse stabilization as well?  I saw your cropping shots tutorials as was wondering if you can use that technique or similar also for reverse stabilizing, compositing and then reverting back to the original shot.
    Thanks!
  • Hey Chris, Would you recommend Lockdown for for reverse stabilization as well?  I saw your cropping shots tutorials as was wondering if you can use that technique or similar also for reverse stabilizing, compositing and then reverting back to the original shot.
    Thanks!
    Hey, sorry I missed this message. I get messages and comments on way too many different platforms, and sometimes I only get one email for multiple comments and think I got to it, but didn't. Yes, I generally like to stabilize everything. Take a look at this sample: 

Stabilization makes the most sense in my mind for any sort of graphics or paint you'd want to apply. That way objects that are animated only have keyframes and motion or their motion (like the characters here) and no additional keys or hierarchy animation to track. If you check out some of the main Lockdown tutorials, all of the heavy lifting takes place inside the stabilized pre-comp, and the plugin reverses the stabilization back to the footage.

Cheers
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Pavilions are a huge source of intriguing myths, legends and stories that feel too good to be true. When I came interested in the content of online gambling, I wondered how to choose an online summerhouse. And with this question I came to this point https//www.theslotaddict.com On this point you can choose for themselves online pavilions of their choice, and indeed try out different places using rally account. The point also has a system of standing pavilions. choose for themselves only vindicated. All spots have formerly checked the experts who work for you. There's also online support throughe-mail
  • omg... i was about to purchase this one at 199 dollars.
    Do you have any plan for the promotion?
  • Is there a way to set the defaults for the grid distance and point radius? Would be nice if it could be set, or could remember the settings.
  • Is there a way to set the defaults for the grid distance and point radius? Would be nice if it could be set, or could remember the settings.
    You can set up any given instance of Lockdown with the parameters you want, then leave the popout. Then go to Animation/Save Animation Preset, and save it.

From there, you can load the animation, which will hold all of your changed parameters.

Cheers
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
    You can set up any given instance of Lockdown with the parameters you want, then leave the popout. Then go to Animation/Save Animation Preset, and save it.

From there, you can load the animation, which will hold all of your changed parameters.

Cheers
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
    Nice! I don't know why I didn't think of that!
  • Hey, I bought this plugin to put designs on clothing but Im having a few issues like the photo below. Im very very basic with video editing so I do apologise. Any advice?

• Hey, I bought this plugin to put designs on clothing but Im having a few issues like the photo below. Im very very basic with video editing so I do apologise. Any advice?

Feel free to send in the footage via a help ticket, I'll see if I can give you some helpful tips.

Cheers
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Is there a way to have the motion data baked in so elements can be changed by someone without Lockdown, once the footage has been tracked?
  • Hi Chris & Community,

We would like to automate the use of Lockdown via scripts.
    Is it possible to control Lockdown (for example adding tracking points, start the tracking, click the "lockdown!" button...) with jsx script or other means?

Thanks a lot!
    Ed
  • Is there a way to have the motion data baked in so elements can be changed by someone without Lockdown, once the footage has been tracked?
    No, we hadn't considered any sort of feature like this. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Hi Chris & Community,

Is it possible to control Lockdown (for example adding tracking points, start the tracking, click the "lockdown!" button...) with jsx script or other means?

Thanks a lot!
    Ed
    Sorry to say there's not. In the future maybe it would be possible, but it's not currently on our roadmap to make any features accessible via scripting.

Cheers
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Hi Chris & Community,

Thanks a lot!
    Ed
    Sorry to say there's not. In the future maybe it would be possible, but it's not currently on our roadmap to make any features accessible via scripting.

Cheers
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
    Thanks Chris for the quick reply! (and for Lockdown 2, obviously
  • Hello Chris, 
    On lockdown 2 is it possible to generate vectors pass still?
    If not can I still access to lockdown 1 alongside with lockdown 2? 
    Would really like to take a look at that feature. 

Thanks!
    Baris
  • Hello Chris, 
    On lockdown 2 is it possible to generate vectors pass still?
    If not can I still access to lockdown 1 alongside with lockdown 2? 
    Would really like to take a look at that feature. 

Thanks!
    Baris
    Can you please send in a help ticket? I can go dig it up on my old drive, and send it to you when I'm back in the office Tuesday. We absolutely don't support this plugin in any way, but if you want to play around with it, hopefully it can be useful to you.

Cheers
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Hello, i'm having trouble with this. Every time when i hit popout, all i get is a blank white screen. Please Help !!!
  • Nice!

But far to expensive.
  • In the demo version of 2.8.6 there seems to be an issue where the brightness levels get blown out when in 16bit mode. For me at least.
  • In the demo version of 2.8.6 there seems to be an issue where the brightness levels get blown out when in 16bit mode. For me at least.
    I'm having the same issue in the full version. This bug was just introduced in the latest version. I've never run into this problem until now.
    I'm having the same issue in the full version. This bug was just introduced in the latest version. I've never run into this problem until now.
    Sorry about that, I'll release the fix first thing in the morning. Color math is hard.

Cheers
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Hi Chris,

I just downloaded the trial of Lockdown, and there's no track points when you pop out, and drag a selection. I must be missing something, surely!?
  • Hi Chris,

I just downloaded the newest version of After Effects, (v 23.0) and Lockdown doesn't appear in the effects tab.
    The aescripts plugin managers shows Lockdown v. 2.8.7  , as the most up to date version and also only shows compatibility with AE 2022
    However the aescripts webpage for Lockdown shows compatability for AE 2023 listed alongside AE 2022.

Is this a mistake on the website version, or is the 2023 compatible version not on the plugin manager yet. Any answer would suffice and I have no problem
    working Lockdown on AE v.22.6 but I just want to make sure I'm not missing something that allows Lockdown onto the newest AE 2023 version.

Any comment would help greatly, thanks!
  • Hi Chris,

I just downloaded the newest version of After Effects, (v 23.0) and Lockdown doesn't appear in the effects tab.
    The aescripts plugin managers shows Lockdown v. 2.8.7  , as the most up to date version and also only shows compatibility with AE 2022
    However the aescripts webpage for Lockdown shows compatability for AE 2023 listed alongside AE 2022.

Is this a mistake on the website version, or is the 2023 compatible version not on the plugin manager yet. Any answer would suffice and I have no problem
    working Lockdown on AE v.22.6 but I just want to make sure I'm not missing something that allows Lockdown onto the newest AE 2023 version.

Any comment would help greatly, thanks!
    It's definitely compatible with 2023. There's always the option of a manual install by the way, copying out of the 2022 plugins folder, and pasting into 2023. Or getting the plugin file from your aescripts downloads.

I actually had the same problem installing to 2023 with the manager app where it didn't show compatibility, and I just had to update the manager app to the latest version. So please try to update your manager app, and hopefully it'll correctly show 2023 compatibility, and install.

Cheers
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator

• Thanks Chris

That method worked, as the plugin manager hadn't been completely updated, however it required me to uninstall Lockdown and reinstall, only after the
    reinstall did the AE2023 compatibility appear on the plugin manager, and it does appear to be working perfectly great on AE2023.

Note this original problem seems to occur to multiple plugins on the plugin manager, including Composite Brush, all of which was solved the same way, by simply uninstalling and reinstalling on the plugin manager.
  • Hi Chris,

I just downloaded the trial of Lockdown, and there's no track points when you pop out, and drag a selection. I must be missing something, surely!?
    Hi, unfortunately I have the same problem. Work with mac m1…
  • Hi Chris,

Hi, unfortunately I have the same problem. Work with mac m1…
    Are you holding Control when you click and drag on Windows? You should see the lasso turn blue as you control click and drag, (apple click and drag on mac). If you're seeing a yellow lasso, that's indicating a selection. Feel free to send in a help ticket.

Cheers
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • AE 2023 crashes every time I add RSMB to the lockdown layer.