• I'm having an issue on my mac where the middle points in a t-shirt are just staying still. It's very weird. The other parts attempt to track, and I'm even using connected vectors mode here. Does this in both options.
    My best guess is "interpolate partial tracks" is set to on? Turn that off before attempting to track any new points. Any interpolated points will not track because they're set to follow the motion of the points around them. Otherwise, please send in a help ticket, and perhaps a project file!

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
    Don't know what happened, but I just recreated it and it works fine. Loving 1.6.1!
    Ok cool. Let me know if you run into any other issues, Ill be around!

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Hi there!

Im very interested in lockdown as a motion tracker. It advertised alot for warping elements but how does it work as a standard tracker for solid elements like signs and the like?

I assume it handles it fine. Or would I be better off using a different tool?
  • Hi there!

Im very interested in lockdown as a motion tracker. It advertised alot for warping elements but how does it work as a standard tracker for solid elements like signs and the like?

I assume it handles it fine. Or would I be better off using a different tool?
    It's totally usable as a regular motion tracker. You can track points, and press "externalize points" to make them accessible keyframes that can be copied to null objects. You can also just copy and paste them to the CC power pin, or use them in any other way keyframes are used in After Effects.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Hello, my name is Enrique Paredes
    i am writing to you because I have an error with the Lockdown plugin
    this is the link of my video where I explain the error
  • Hello, my name is Enrique Paredes
    i am writing to you because I have an error with the Lockdown plugin
    this is the link of my video where I explain the error
    Those bars are part of the trial version of Lockdown. They prevent proper use of the plugin while in trial mode. They go away when the plugin is purchased and registered. 
    This tutorial explains the checkerboard. It's just a temporary layer which can be deleted.

This tutorial also shows all of the other basics of the Plugin.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Hi im Dennis!
    Im in love with this tool!
    Just have a question. In my scene some trackers would need to move out of the screen to have a good result to work with.
    But no matter what i do, they are squeezed  together or will be deleted at the edge of the picture.
    An on the other side if the picture i would need to add more trackers after movement.
    How can i solve this (or is this not possible?).
    I need the final mesh to cover the whole model and moves over the edges of the picture:

• Hi im Dennis!
    Im in love with this tool!
    Just have a question. In my scene some trackers would need to move out of the screen to have a good result to work with.
    But no matter what i do, they are squeezed  together or will be deleted at the edge of the picture.
    An on the other side if the picture i would need to add more trackers after movement.
    How can i solve this (or is this not possible?).
    I need the final mesh to cover the whole model and moves over the edges of the picture:

Feel free to send in a help ticket with the footage and I'll walk you through it. In short, you should expand your comp quite a bit wider on all sides, and pre-compose the footage into the new comp. 
    I'd use a less dense grid for ease of editability, and track all the points. As they approach the edge, you can delete forward keyframes to prevent them from squishing. (Our layering system in Lockdown 2.0 will make this a lot easier, you can just draw shapes around the edges.)
    Then you can press interpolate partial tracks, and the points that run out of true tracking data will follow the motion of the nearby points off the border of the video. You can also grab an interpolated point and track it once it's returned to the frame.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Probably a silly question but..

I'm trying to use Lockdown in my work area without using "Trim comp to work area"..

At first it seemed to be working, then there was an issue so I trued to delete keyframes and start over..  This time when I went to track all, it started outside of the work area..  Then I thought I'd go ahead and trim it, clicked track all and it wouldn't track at all.    So I delete lockdown and re-add it and it works fine in the trimmed comp..

Is this Lockdown's peculiar behavior or AE's?   I should be able to use it without trimming to the work area right?
  • So...I have successfully used Lockdown. Looks almost perfect. But there's this black grid over everything (not the green mesh). Seems to be no way to turn it off. I have entered the license. I have restarted the computer. If the grid is a watermark I have no idea why it is there....I own the software. I have registered it. I activated its nd deactivated it and reactivated it again. All this work and I can't use the result. #frustrated
  • So...I have successfully used Lockdown. Looks almost perfect. But there's this black grid over everything (not the green mesh). Seems to be no way to turn it off. I have entered the license. I have restarted the computer. If the grid is a watermark I have no idea why it is there....I own the software. I have registered it. I activated its nd deactivated it and reactivated it again. All this work and I can't use the result. #frustrated
    That's a licensing question, you'd have to send in a help ticket if there's some issue where your license isn't being recognized as valid. (The Lockdown team does not write the licensing, we use the aescripts framework). But you could try purging the memory and disk cache. Watermarks state changes do not invalidate the After Effects cache, so it's possible the grid is just hanging out until you make a change to the comp you're tracking, forcing ae to re-render. So purge the memory and disk cache, or just for experiments sake, throw a new text layer into the stabilized comp, and see if that makes any difference. If not, send in a help ticket and the licensing team can take a look.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Good day. I just got lockdown (trial version) and tried to use it but the problem is anytime I apply it to my comp, it turns black (the preview panel) and when I try to select points it starts flickering. Please what can I do?
  • Good day. I just got lockdown (trial version) and tried to use it but the problem is anytime I apply it to my comp, it turns black (the preview panel) and when I try to select points it starts flickering. Please what can I do?
    This is a known and expected bug with Ae 2018 and earlier. Lockdown only works with the latest version of After Effects. This is because we use some useful features that Adobe introduced in the Ae 2019 API, that did not exist in 2018. Please update Ae and give it a shot!

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • But am currently using after effects CC2020, then why could that be happening?. Maybe I will try it with cc2019 to see if it would work.
  • But am currently using after effects CC2020, then why could that be happening?. Maybe I will try it with cc2019 to see if it would work.
    Do you have a dedicated graphics card, or onboard card? I know this really really sucks, but we only support dedicated cards, so Nvidia or AMD. Intel onboard is not supported, and will give the same kind of errors. We're still a pretty small team, so we base our support decisions on the number of potential users. Most animators (as far as we've seen) have dedicated cards, so we haven't gotten to supporting onboard cards, and don't currently have it on our roadmap. If that's the case, sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
    Do you have a dedicated graphics card, or onboard card? I know this really really sucks, but we only support dedicated cards, so Nvidia or AMD. Intel onboard is not supported, and will give the same kind of errors. We're still a pretty small team, so we base our support decisions on the number of potential users. Most animators (as far as we've seen) have dedicated cards, so we haven't gotten to supporting onboard cards, and don't currently have it on our roadmap. If that's the case, sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator

Ok. I guess that's the problem, thanks anyways. Great job though
  • I am currently using Lockdown 1.7 and am getting this error message "After Effects error: Internal Verification Failure, sorry! {AEGP_WorldH cannot be null in AEGP_FillOutPFEffectWorld}

Do you have any suggestions of what this might be or how I can get it to work again?

Thanks,
  • eric tung said:
    I am currently using Lockdown 1.7 and am getting this error message "After Effects error: Internal Verification Failure, sorry! {AEGP_WorldH cannot be null in AEGP_FillOutPFEffectWorld}

Do you have any suggestions of what this might be or how I can get it to work again?

Thanks,
    To be blunt.... No. I have no idea. I have never seen or heard of that error before.
    Could you send in a help ticket with a log file? 
    Create a log file: 

Are you starting a totally fresh new project, or is this an old project that you've opened with 1.7? Please include that in the ticket if you can.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • eric tung said:
    I am currently using Lockdown 1.7 and am getting this error message "After Effects error: Internal Verification Failure, sorry! {AEGP_WorldH cannot be null in AEGP_FillOutPFEffectWorld}

Thanks,
    To be blunt.... No. I have no idea. I have never seen or heard of that error before.
    Create a log file: 

Are you starting a totally fresh new project, or is this an old project that you've opened with 1.7? Please include that in the ticket if you can.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
    Creating a ticket now.

I had made a project with Lockdown 1.7 and everything was fine. I am not exactly sure when the error came about, and tried to retrace my steps, but nothing seems to be working. 
  • eric tung said:
    eric tung said:

Thanks,
    Create a log file: 

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
    Creating a ticket now.

I had made a project with Lockdown 1.7 and everything was fine. I am not exactly sure when the error came about, and tried to retrace my steps, but nothing seems to be working. 
    A collected project file would be great if you're able to. If you can't, you can always send the project with no media (I know most of us work under NDAs) and that will likely still give us a lot of info.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • eric tung said:
    eric tung said:

Thanks,
    Create a log file: 

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
    Creating a ticket now.

A collected project file would be great if you're able to. If you can't, you can always send the project with no media (I know most of us work under NDAs) and that will likely still give us a lot of info.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
    Creating one now to add on to the ticket.

Sent you a link to google drive 
  • Could I use this for Rotoscoping animation? Say I wanted to track the motion then draw a cartoon over the motion. Is that possible with this?
  • Alex Ezi said:
    Could I use this for Rotoscoping animation? Say I wanted to track the motion then draw a cartoon over the motion. Is that possible with this?
    Yes, definitely, here's a sample. https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1079978635706878

Basically you just stabilize the image, and paint inside the stabilized comp.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • I'm having an output issue with Lockdown. Everything seems to work normally, the points track fine and the preview renders look great but then when I output to a video file the track is out of sync. Has anyone one else experienced this issue?
  • I'm having an output issue with Lockdown. Everything seems to work normally, the points track fine and the preview renders look great but then when I output to a video file the track is out of sync. Has anyone one else experienced this issue?
    I haven't, but this sounds like a pretty high priority issue. Are you using proxies that may change during render? Are you using any time effects, time remapping, or frame blending which may render differently than it does during preview?
    It would be great if you could send in a help ticket with a project file. If there is a bug on our end, and it's not a quirk with Ae, I'll fix it. Help Ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1462

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Hey, I can't run the script on v20 and 21: "unable to execute at line 4.% does not have a value". 
  • Hey, I can't run the script on v20 and 21: "unable to execute at line 4.% does not have a value". 
    That script window, and command that gives that error, is from Lockdown 1.3. It no longer has any relation to the current version of Lockdown. You should uninstall the JSXBIN entirely.  

All controls are within the plugin now. If somehow you're getting that error another way, please send a help ticket. 

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • How do I get access to the beta?
  • How do I get access to the beta?
    We've just updated the FAQ, but I'll paste it here:

How do I install Lockdown 1.7 or 2.0 using the aescripts manager app?

Please watch this video

Go to https://aescripts.com/learn/aescripts-aeplugins-manager-app/
    Download the manager app and launch it.
    Enable beta access in the options menu as seen in the video above.
    Select Lockdown.
    Press Install.
    Press License.

How do I manually install Lockdown 1.7 or 2.0? Where is the .AOM template file it's requesting?

Please watch this video

Go to aescripts.com/lockdown (Top of this page)
    Press the green "Try" button to access the downloads. Get the 2.0 beta. (Or 1.7)
    Enter the Windows folder for a Windows install, copy and paste the .aex plugin files here: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects 2021\Support Files\Plug-ins
    Enter the Mac folder for a Mac install, copy and paste the .plugin files here: Applications/Adobe After Effects 2021/Plug-ins/
    Go to aescripts.com/downloadable/customer/products and find your license code. It takes about 15 minutes to generate after purchasing.
    Copy your License Code.
    Apply Lockdown to an empty layer.
    Press "Register" at the top of the plug-in.
    Paste in your license code.
    Press "activate"
    In After Effects, go to Edit/Purge/All Memory & Disk Cache

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator

• Hey Chris, I'm having some issues with the border of my lockdown, Ive gone through all the tutorials but can't seem to get it right. Is there anyway I could send you a project file?
  • Hey Chris, I'm having some issues with the border of my lockdown, Ive gone through all the tutorials but can't seem to get it right. Is there anyway I could send you a project file?
    Yes, please do. You can use a help ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1462

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
    Yes, please do. You can use a help ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1462

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
    Thank you so much, Chris! I sent a .zip over!
  • I'm about to get into a project, but there are going to be some occlusions that go in front of what I'm going to try Lockdown on. Will masking them out make lockdown ignore the occlusion? Or mask in a precomp and put Lockdown over that? Thanks! Just about to download 2.0 Beta!
  • Just want to clarify that Lockdown will not work with Graphics Intel Iris 1536 MB.  I know you mentioned in earlier comments that it only supports specific graphic cards but that was last year and wanted to see if there were any updates to that.  Thank you!  
  • Just want to clarify that Lockdown will not work with Graphics Intel Iris 1536 MB.  I know you mentioned in earlier comments that it only supports specific graphic cards but that was last year and wanted to see if there were any updates to that.  Thank you! 
    Just want to clarify that Lockdown will not work with Graphics Intel Iris 1536 MB.  I know you mentioned in earlier comments that it only supports specific graphic cards but that was last year and wanted to see if there were any updates to that.  Thank you!  
    I haven't tested with any onboard graphics cards, but I'm still pretty sure it won't work. We take a lot of shortcuts by using features built into dedicated GPUs. I'm sorry to say we haven't gotten to adapting it to onboard cards.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
    Just want to clarify that Lockdown will not work with Graphics Intel Iris 1536 MB.  I know you mentioned in earlier comments that it only supports specific graphic cards but that was last year and wanted to see if there were any updates to that.  Thank you!  
    I haven't tested with any onboard graphics cards, but I'm still pretty sure it won't work. We take a lot of shortcuts by using features built into dedicated GPUs. I'm sorry to say we haven't gotten to adapting it to onboard cards.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
    That makes perfect sense and it's time I upgrade anyway :)  Thank you!  
  • Hello! I've registered my license but im still getting the demo gridlines for some reason. Using the beta - could that be the problem? 
  • Ori Kagan said:
    Hello! I've registered my license but im still getting the demo gridlines for some reason. Using the beta - could that be the problem? 
    They use the same license. 99% of the time, the grid persists because the After Effects cache doesn't recognize licensing as a visual change, and it keeps all of the old watermarked frames in memory. Go to edit/purge/all memory & disk cache. That should clear it and force Lockdown to generate new frames without the watermark.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Ori Kagan said:
    Hello! I've registered my license but im still getting the demo gridlines for some reason. Using the beta - could that be the problem? 
    They use the same license. 99% of the time, the grid persists because the After Effects cache doesn't recognize licensing as a visual change, and it keeps all of the old watermarked frames in memory. Go to edit/purge/all memory & disk cache. That should clear it and force Lockdown to generate new frames without the watermark.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
    Didn't work... anything else i should try? using AE 2020
    Ori Kagan said:

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator

• Hi

Can the single user license be moved from one computer to another? I need to use it on a personal machine in home office during Covid and move it to office machine when thats over.

s.
  • This message is for Chris Vranos

Amazing product, GIANT HEADACHE TO USE, the main reason is thread bare training. Just when I think I figured the controls. 

NEW update and when I try again, NEW UPDATE AGAIN

Im using a drone to do a flyby over a bunch of houses, the first house roof works, a pain in the ass with the mesh but I just keep hitting refine mesh until I got it to somewhat work. However contrary what your training has said I can't get the mesh to go off of the frame, the interpolate option DOES NOT WORK. So the mesh crumples up like a tin can on the edge of the frame. So I had to use some creative masking to hide everything.

AND THEN, I did a fly over the house to do a reveal of a blue house, I'm applying a mesh to the siding of a house thats 100% flat. The mesh absolutely does not stay straight, It warps like crazy and is never ever straight. I spent two days manually going frame by frame to straighten everything out and it's a shaking mess.

Oh and the create custom point/mesh controls DON"T WORK. I'm using a mac and all the control commands like cmd+shift or alt+shift works 50% of the time or not at all. 

It would be nice in the popup window under the button marked clear mesh, if there was a actual menu with icons buttons that can allow to connect points this way.

This plugin is a great idea in theory, but only you the creator know how the properly use it. The rest of us who bought the program, are in a situation where its like the blind leading the blind.

15 years ago, VideoCopilot came in and had super detailed training videos that showed people how to properly use After Effects.

You need to create training videos like that, with a-lot of technical detail from start to finish. This will greatly help with people trying to figure out how to use your product. The coffee tutorial was an excellent start. But try creating tutorials for more simple things, like applying this to flat surfaces like buildings, sidewalks, streets, sides of milk cartons.

Here's a youtube showing the headache I'm having.

Sorry if this sounds like I'm venting, but after 2 days of misery, I'm just about ready to give up.

• Awesome plugin!

Do I get it right that I would need the «Single License» to work on projects and a «Render Only License» for rendering these project on another machine?

• Awesome plugin!

Do I get it right that I would need the «Single License» to work on projects and a «Render Only License» for rendering these project on another machine?

You probably want the single license, the Render Only license is for command line rendering, all the details are here: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/license-type-faq/

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Is it possible to do two separate lockdowns in one shot? Does this mess up any functionality with unlock and lock going forward as long as they are named uniquiely in pre comps? This product is so amazing and has saved me many times and bailed cg tracking out on tight deadlines of shots that other wise could not be done.
  • Is it possible to do do separate lockdowns in one shot? Does this mess up any functionality with unlock and lock going forward as long as they are named uniquiely in pre comps?
    Yes. The biggest risk is getting confused by the script and automated processes when you try to track multiple objects using multiple instances of Lockdown. My suggestion is in line with what you said- Duplicate the footage twice over, and name each for the object you're trying to track. So maybe, "car" and "building" or whatever. Pre-compose each object into it's own comp, then enter the pre-comp, and apply Lockdown and work from there. It'll be a lot easier to manage. Also as a sort of related rule, you typically wouldn't track two different objects within the same instance of Lockdown, because it would confuse the interpolation tools. Trying to follow two distinctly separate motions at once. Keeping objects separated is better all around.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Sorry if this question is a waste of your time, but I cannot find an answer anywhere I've looked:

How do I get the most recent version of AE to let me use ALT to delete things in Lockdown?  I can use CTRL just fine to create points/mesh, but whenever I try to delete a point by using ALT, it just gives me camera controls.  I've been deleting entire meshes as my workaround, but that's less than ideal.

- G
  • Gene Shaw said:
    Sorry if this question is a waste of your time, but I cannot find an answer anywhere I've looked:

How do I get the most recent version of AE to let me use ALT to delete things in Lockdown?  I can use CTRL just fine to create points/mesh, but whenever I try to delete a point by using ALT, it just gives me camera controls.  I've been deleting entire meshes as my workaround, but that's less than ideal.

- G
    Right, this is new with the latest version of Ae. Can you make sure Lockdown is not on a 3D layer? It might default to camera movement if there are any 3D layers in the composition. You could download the Lockdown 2.0 beta and work from the popout. The popout has its own interface so Ae can't interfere with keyboard inputs. The popout is also much faster, and stable. Feel free to send in a ticket with other questions, we're also pretty close to releasing a new version of the popout.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Gene Shaw said:
    Sorry if this question is a waste of your time, but I cannot find an answer anywhere I've looked:

- G
    Right, this is new with the latest version of Ae. Can you make sure Lockdown is not on a 3D layer? It might default to camera movement if there are any 3D layers in the composition. You could download the Lockdown 2.0 beta and work from the popout. The popout has its own interface so Ae can't interfere with keyboard inputs. The popout is also much faster, and stable. Feel free to send in a ticket with other questions, we're also pretty close to releasing a new version of the popout.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
    Thanks for the quick reply.  I have no 3D layers in the comp.  

I downloaded the 2.0 beta and have been working with the popout, but that's brought its own issues.  I suspect that most of them are related to the fact that I'm working with 8K video in 32bpcc, so, in this instance, I canned the popout and was just working with the main effects panel.

Thanks again, I look forward to the full release of 2.0 and digging into it.  This is a great plugin. 

-G
  • Gene Shaw said:
    Gene Shaw said:

- G

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
    Thanks for the quick reply.  I have no 3D layers in the comp.  

I downloaded the 2.0 beta and have been working with the popout, but that's brought its own issues.  I suspect that most of them are related to the fact that I'm working with 8K video in 32bpcc, so, in this instance, I canned the popout and was just working with the main effects panel.

Thanks again, I look forward to the full release of 2.0 and digging into it.  This is a great plugin. 

-G
    Ok, sorry to hear. We actually do have an update coming to help deal with heavy footage that may use too much memory. We're going to have adaptive resolution, where it only samples full resolution in a small block around your points, and the rest of the image is downscaled to ~1080p in blocks. You won't lose tracking accuracy because the downscaled areas are approximately close enough, and the exact pixels around the point are still high res. It should make 8k footage much more viable, use far less memory, and process much faster. Sorry about that, we hear you, and are currently working on it.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Not sure if this is the best place to ask a question. Wondering if you can use lock down on a clip with an alpha channel? (In this case, a keyed out object originally shot on Blue Screen). Or is it better to use it on the pre-keyed image? I'm trying to fix the edges around the isolated object. 

Just downloaded the 2.0 beta looking forward to testing it out!

Sean
  • Sean Inc said:
    Not sure if this is the best place to ask a question. Wondering if you can use lock down on a clip with an alpha channel? (In this case, a keyed out object originally shot on Blue Screen). Or is it better to use it on the pre-keyed image? I'm trying to fix the edges around the isolated object. 

Just downloaded the 2.0 beta looking forward to testing it out!

Sean
    Yes, currently Lockdown just ignores the alpha channel entirely. It only reads rgb channels when tracking. I'd typically always use the pre-keyed image just because sometimes the process of keying may change color via spill suppression etc, but in practical terms, it often won't make a difference. In the next build of Lockdown however, the alpha channel will act as a dead zone, where points are unable to track. This will help for when objects overlap each other, and allow masking to help Lockdown figure out how to track behind occlusions. Feel free to send in a help ticket with the footage if you need guidance, I'm around day to day and can give fast notes on strategy for any given shot.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator