• Thank you so much. pulled down the vid. you can remove it. Really appreciate the quick response.

Hi Chris, sorry, i guess i wasn't following correctly. Where and which iteration of Lockdown do I apply the distort transform (in which precomp) to get the mesh to render. cheers.
    Thank you. will try asap!

apologies if this was answered previously. just purchased Lockdown. loving it. Is there a way to render the mesh? simulating a "facial recogniton" scenario and would love to use the generated mesh from lockdown as the actual graphic.

Yep! Put a distort/transform effect above Lockdown in the effects chain, then set the opacity to 0% on that effect. It'll just render the mesh.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator

apologies if this was answered previously. just purchased Lockdown. loving it. Is there a way to render the mesh? simulating a "facial recogniton" scenario and would love to use the generated mesh from lockdown as the actual graphic.

Yep! Put a distort/transform effect above Lockdown in the effects chain, then set the opacity to 0% on that effect. It'll just render the mesh.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator

Here are two ways to do it! I'll delete this tutorial eventually by the way, this is just an unofficial quick recording.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g0d05lpltgexmza/2020-09-18 19-44-55.mp4?dl=0

• Hi,

This looks amazing! Just wondering, what does the paid version offer me that the trial version doesn't?

thanks!

Greg

• Hi,

This looks amazing! Just wondering, what does the paid version offer me that the trial version doesn't?

thanks!

Greg
    The paid version removes the grid watermark that prevents you from rendering a clean version of your composition, and it also includes the alembic exporter that exports a mesh to c4d or other applications.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Does the grid get bigger each time you use it?

Hi,

thanks!

Greg
    The paid version removes the grid watermark that prevents you from rendering a clean version of your composition, and it also includes the alembic exporter that exports a mesh to c4d or other applications.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator

• Oh, no worries actually, my resolution was set to low
    Does the grid get bigger each time you use it?

Hi,

thanks!

Greg

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator

• Hi Chris,

just purchased. Is there a way to have the graphic in the pre comp not be masked i e if the graphic extends beyond the borders of the mesh the areas of that graphic outside that mesh show?

Cheers
    Daniel
  • Hi Chris,

just purchased. Is there a way to have the graphic in the pre comp not be masked i e if the graphic extends beyond the borders of the mesh the areas of that graphic outside that mesh show?

Cheers
    Daniel
    There is not, however you can just extend the mesh.

In the main comp, press "UnLockdown". 
    Add a bunch of points with "ctrl-alt-shift-click". Make them wide outside your mesh where you want graphics.
    triangulate the mesh.
    Turn on "interpolate partial tracks"
    press Lockdown again, on the same frame you had previously Locked.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • I hope this is the right place for this discussion (and sorry if it isn't). I really wanted Lockdown to work for me but I can't get it. I followed the tutorials step by step but all I get is a cloud of jittery skating/floating points. Just not really tracking at all. If the forum allows here's a screenrecording: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ou9qwcy16lzf75i/test.mov?dl=0

Am I doing something dumb? So much hype about this script but such disappointment currently.
    Thanks.
  • I hope this is the right place for this discussion (and sorry if it isn't). I really wanted Lockdown to work for me but I can't get it. I followed the tutorials step by step but all I get is a cloud of jittery skating/floating points. Just not really tracking at all. If the forum allows here's a screenrecording: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ou9qwcy16lzf75i/test.mov?dl=0

Am I doing something dumb? So much hype about this script but such disappointment currently.
    Thanks.
    You should use the connected vector mode, in either extremely accurate, or fast mode. But don't use the default mode, it's not good for this kind of shot with very little detail on a shiny surface. That default mode is just a super fast way to calculate really easy panning shots with tons of detail.

Also, I'd probably attempt to use the optional tracking filter to see if you can bring out any scratches or dents in the surface, so the tracker follows those not the reflection. 

Apply Lockdown
    Apply the optional tracking filter.
    (check for details, if there are, keep the filter on.)
    Set the tracking mode to connected vectors.
    Set those vectors to fast.
    Press full vector setup.
    render, set the color interpretation, (a popup gives that info)
    Try to track mostly on the edges of the screen, and the fingers of the person holding the laptop. The points might follow the reflection, it's tough to say without testing.
    Feel free to send me a help ticket with the footage, I've tracked just about everything there is to track, I'm sure I can get it working in about 2 minutes. https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1462

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • This is an error you'll get when you try to run the script through File/Scripts. But this is a panel script, you can't run it like that. Make sure Lockdown.JSXBIN is installed under Scripts/Script UI panels, and in After Effects when you go to use it, you open the JSXBIN under Window/Lockdown.jsxbin. To use the script, you have to open it as a panel, then press the buttons.

Here's the full length tutorial.

I'm going to make some edits to include this step however and re-upload later, I've seen this question a few times already through help tickets.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
    Hi Chris, is the new version comes with the jsxbin? the demo didnt has one. cheers
  • This is an error you'll get when you try to run the script through File/Scripts. But this is a panel script, you can't run it like that. Make sure Lockdown.JSXBIN is installed under Scripts/Script UI panels, and in After Effects when you go to use it, you open the JSXBIN under Window/Lockdown.jsxbin. To use the script, you have to open it as a panel, then press the buttons.

Here's the full length tutorial.

I'm going to make some edits to include this step however and re-upload later, I've seen this question a few times already through help tickets.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
    Hi Chris, is the new version comes with the jsxbin? the demo didnt has one. cheers
    The newest version does not need a JSXBIN, all the scripting commands are inside the .aex or .plugin. This tutorial is pretty old and outdated, I'll see about getting it removed from the channel so it doesn't create confusion. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Hello Chris, does lockdown work with a camera movement ? I tried with a rush and the zoom totally distorted my mesh. Is it necessary to use 4K videos? Thank you.

• Hi Chris,
    I go through the process of getting the connected vectors going, with all the steps done correctly and when I hit track all points it skips through without tracking anything and stops abruptly.
  • Hello Chris, does lockdown work with a camera movement ? I tried with a rush and the zoom totally distorted my mesh. Is it necessary to use 4K videos? Thank you.

It should work, but each shot is different. I'd say try to use the extremely accurate mode, and we also have a new tracking mode come out that will simplify things, releasing very soon. Sorry for my delay, this message notification slipped past me.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Hi Chris,
    I go through the process of getting the connected vectors going, with all the steps done correctly and when I hit track all points it skips through without tracking anything and stops abruptly.
    Please take a look here, this shows all the places where connected vectors may go wrong.

We have a new update coming out very soon with a new tracking mode. Connected Vectors will no longer be necessary, the new mode is much faster and comparable in terms of accuracy. Hoping to post it by Nov 30th at the latest.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Hi Chris,
    Please take a look here, this shows all the places where connected vectors may go wrong.

We have a new update coming out very soon with a new tracking mode. Connected Vectors will no longer be necessary, the new mode is much faster and comparable in terms of accuracy. Hoping to post it by Nov 30th at the latest.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
    Oooh, okay! I'll have to tell the stakeholders at my job to wait then LOL
  • Hello, I was wondering if there was a trial version of this plugin. I see the try button but clicking on it doesnt seem to take me anywhere
  • Hello, I was wondering if there was a trial version of this plugin. I see the try button but clicking on it doesnt seem to take me anywhere
    Can you check your downloads? The link begins a download for the trial version of the Plugin. If there's something preventing the download from happening, please let us know and I'll refer it to the web admin.
    Also, you can install the trial via the aescripts manager app if that's easier. 
    https://aescripts.com/learn/aescripts-aeplugins-manager-app/

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Testing out the trial and it looks like the Accurate and Fast point track methods aren't doing anything when I make a selection on the latest AE. I'm not seeing the blue points.

Is this a known issue?
    That is not a known issue, there shouldn't be any problems there. You're control-clicking and dragging, and it's not creating points? (command-click and drag on mac). Please send in a screen capture or project file if you can https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1462

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Hello Any ideas on how Lockdown could help with object removal?  I'm trying to remove a walking speaker giving a talk in front of an audience with the camera slightly panning. 
    Thank you.
    Bobby-
  • Hello Any ideas on how Lockdown could help with object removal?  I'm trying to remove a walking speaker giving a talk in front of an audience with the camera slightly panning. 
    Thank you.
    Bobby-
    I would probably stabilize the background (The audience), and expand the composition fairly wide. As the speaker walks, you can mask footage of the background over the speaker's position. If you have footage, feel free to send it in via a help ticket, I can walk you through the basic steps.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • I've the trail version but it cannot work for AE 2020. 
    A window popped up with the following message:
    Unable to execute script at line 4. % does not have a value
    How would I solve this problem?
  • I've the trail version but it cannot work for AE 2020. 
    A window popped up with the following message:
    Unable to execute script at line 4. % does not have a value
    How would I solve this problem?
    Is it possible you have an old version of Lockdown installed? Please make sure all the old files are removed: 

That error message typically happened when using the JSXBIN script UI panel from Lockdown 1.3, in attempt to call a version of the Plugin that was not a version match (also 1.3). That script needs to be deleted, because now all script functions run out of the plugin itself, not the side window.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Hi Chris, 

I have a question. Can this plugin be used on two different computers? I have a desktop and a laptop, 

thanks reply
  • Hi Chris, 

I have a question. Can this plugin be used on two different computers? I have a desktop and a laptop, 

thanks reply
    You can install it on two computers at once, but you can only use it on one at a time. So it's a single user license, but can be installed on two personal machines. Also, it's pretty easy to un-register if you get a new computer.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Hi, do you have a tutorial that shows how this would work if the object you're using lockdown on gets briefly covered by a moving object? Sorry if this has already been addressed, but I'm looking to "lockdown" the cyber week pricing.
  • Hi, do you have a tutorial that shows how this would work if the object you're using lockdown on gets briefly covered by a moving object? Sorry if this has already been addressed, but I'm looking to "lockdown" the cyber week pricing.
    There, fresh out of the oven, just for you. 

We were actually hoping to have Lockdown 2.0 by now, it's just taking a while to finish it. But that will be a free upgrade to all customers.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Chris Vranos said: Super, thanks!
    Hi Chris, 

thanks reply
    You can install it on two computers at once, but you can only use it on one at a time. So it's a single user license, but can be installed on two personal machines. Also, it's pretty easy to un-register if you get a new computer.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator

• I just downloaded the trial on Mac, how do I install it?
    There, fresh out of the oven, just for you. 

We were actually hoping to have Lockdown 2.0 by now, it's just taking a while to finish it. But that will be a free upgrade to all customers.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
    Awesome! That was helpful and I'll be looking forward to version 2 after I get Lockdown this week.
  • Hello, I downloaded the lockdown trial and installed it correctly, but when I apply the plug-in on the video, the screen turns black I tried it in after effects cc 2019 and 2020 version, I tried it again in win 7 and win 10 I even tried other versions of lockdown, it didn't work again, I don't understand what the problem is.
  • Amt Krca said:
    Hello, I downloaded the lockdown trial and installed it correctly, but when I apply the plug-in on the video, the screen turns black I tried it in after effects cc 2019 and 2020 version, I tried it again in win 7 and win 10 I even tried other versions of lockdown, it didn't work again, I don't understand what the problem is.
    If the screen turns black, it's most likely a graphics card or graphics card driver issue. Could you please submit a help ticket with your system specs? https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1462

If possible, it would be great if you could create a log file by just applying Lockdown to footage, then closing After Effects. 

Also, I don't know how or where you found other versions of Lockdown, since we only make one single version available at a time for trial download. If it's not from aescripts.com/lockdown or the aescripts manager app, don't put it on your computer, it's not from us.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • System features Processor intel (R) Core (TM) I5 CPU M 46 @ 2.53GHz 4 cores Ram 6 GB System type 64-bit operating system System model H36ST Video card driver ATI mobilty radeon HD 5650 Chip type ATI Display adapter (0x68C1) DAC type internal DAC (400Hz) Approximate total memory 3727 Directx version, directx 11
  • Hi - I'm on the demo, trying to decide if I should buy. 

I'm trying to remove a logo from a shirt. I followed the steps for the connected vectors setup (where the guy in your video wants to cleanup his skin), but when I dragged the yellow selection, and released, I saw no dots, no grid of points. 

(I rendered the EXR, pre-comped, preserved RGB, the whole thing.)

Thanks!
    Steve
  • Hi - I'm on the demo, trying to decide if I should buy. 

I'm trying to remove a logo from a shirt. I followed the steps for the connected vectors setup (where the guy in your video wants to cleanup his skin), but when I dragged the yellow selection, and released, I saw no dots, no grid of points. 

Thanks!
    Steve
    The yellow lasso is an indicator that you're using the selection tool, which does nothing when there are no points. You have to control click and drag (windows) or cmd click and drag (mac) to create points. The lasso will be light blue instead of yellow, which is for point creation.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Amt Krca said:
    System features Processor intel (R) Core (TM) I5 CPU M 46 @ 2.53GHz 4 cores Ram 6 GB System type 64-bit operating system System model H36ST Video card driver ATI mobilty radeon HD 5650 Chip type ATI Display adapter (0x68C1) DAC type internal DAC (400Hz) Approximate total memory 3727 Directx version, directx 11
    I think that's an integrated graphics card. To be honest, I don't know a ton about GPUs, but I think Lockdown uses a lot of GPU features that are only supported on dedicated graphics cards. I hate to say it, I don't think we're going to be able to support any integrated graphics cards because they're not commonly used by animators. You'd have to use Lockdown on a system with a dedicated GPU.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Thanks very much, Chris!

Hi - I'm on the demo, trying to decide if I should buy. 

Thanks!
    Steve
    The yellow lasso is an indicator that you're using the selection tool, which does nothing when there are no points. You have to control click and drag (windows) or cmd click and drag (mac) to create points. The lasso will be light blue instead of yellow, which is for point creation.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator

• Hello! Can you add (in future) ability to tracking custom mesh? 
  • Hello! Can you add (in future) ability to tracking custom mesh? 
    You can create a custom mesh by control clicking points, and connecting them with control-shift-click. As for importing a mesh... Maybe someday? It's a 2D tracker at the moment, we'd have a lot of work to do to get things in true 3D.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Hello,
    what is Render only license?
  • Hello,
    what is Render only license?
    Please take a look here: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/floating-license-faq/

In short, the render-only license only works in a server setup, to render in the background. You need the server and a floating license to make use of a render-only license. Most users want a Single User license.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Hey Chris,
    There seems to be an issue with the aescripts app, it won't update from the loaded app.
  • Hey Chris,
    There seems to be an issue with the aescripts app, it won't update from the loaded app.
    Ok I'll speak with aescripts about it, but I don't have anything to do with that app, so I can't quite make a guess at what's happening. In the meantime, please do a manual install:

You can use the trial version at aescripts.com/lockdown. It's the same exact file as the one in the manager app. Your license will work automatically once the new version is installed, and be fully functional with no watermark.
    Also, you don't even have to install GV.aom, we're doing away with pre-rendered vectors soon, because that tracking system doesn't work as well as our new one in 1.6.1.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Hey Chris,
    Ok I'll speak with aescripts about it, but I don't have anything to do with that app, so I can't quite make a guess at what's happening. In the meantime, please do a manual install:

You can use the trial version at aescripts.com/lockdown. It's the same exact file as the one in the manager app. Your license will work automatically once the new version is installed, and be fully functional with no watermark.
    Also, you don't even have to install GV.aom, we're doing away with pre-rendered vectors soon, because that tracking system doesn't work as well as our new one in 1.6.1.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
    Thanks. Is there a way to check the lockdown version within AE? 
  • Hey Chris,

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
    Thanks. Is there a way to check the lockdown version within AE? 
    Yes, just right click the top of the effect and select "about". You should be on  1.6.1, which is the latest.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • Hi, would there be a DaVinci Resolve version on the horizon ?
  • Dave Lee said:
    Hi, would there be a DaVinci Resolve version on the horizon ?
    On the horizon is the right way to put it. We have an alpha version mostly working. To give you an idea of how close it is, it can do all the tracking operations, however we haven't implemented the Resolve undo stack yet. (Since no one wants to work in Lockdown without an undo function.) That, among a lot of other small but significant quality control fixes are yet to come.

I can't give you an exact date for the Resolve/Fusion release, but we are working on it daily. I can say with certainty it's within 1 year. With optimism within 2-3 months for a pretty usable beta? We're going to put out Lockdown 2.0 for After Effects first which will really let us know where the non-Ae versions stand. Thanks for your patience, we're going as fast as we can.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • ok, looking forward for the beta release ! Keep up the good work !
  • I'm having an issue on my mac where the middle points in a t-shirt are just staying still. It's very weird. The other parts attempt to track, and I'm even using connected vectors mode here. Does this in both options.
    My best guess is "interpolate partial tracks" is set to on? Turn that off before attempting to track any new points. Any interpolated points will not track because they're set to follow the motion of the points around them. Otherwise, please send in a help ticket, and perhaps a project file!

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
  • I'm having an issue on my mac where the middle points in a t-shirt are just staying still. It's very weird. The other parts attempt to track, and I'm even using connected vectors mode here. Does this in both options.
    My best guess is "interpolate partial tracks" is set to on? Turn that off before attempting to track any new points. Any interpolated points will not track because they're set to follow the motion of the points around them. Otherwise, please send in a help ticket, and perhaps a project file!

Cheers,
    Chris
    Lockdown Creator
    Don't know what happened, but I just recreated it and it works fine. Loving 1.6.1!