• Hi there!
    The GifGun 1.7.13 is having an issue looping even when infinite loop is checked. I'm on Windows 10 64bit and AE 2020. Please let me know if you need any more info or how to fix this issue. Thanks so much!
    Hi Wendy,

We've found the bug that prevents some Windows machines to do infinite looping for Experimental Engine, and going to release a fix early next week.
    In the meantime you may open a support ticket so I send you instructions on how to fix it manually.

Nik
  • Hi Gifgun,

I'm trying to batch convert a couple hundred 5-second videos 4k with 600 pixel width transparent backgrounds.

The program will run and make individual folders for each item, but after completing one GIF the rest of the images never finish compiling into a gif and even the PNGS are gone. Any advice on batch exports?

Latest version and Mac OS Catalina

:-) Cray
  • Hi GifGun,

Using version 1.7.14 on CC 2019, when I make a GIF it outputs as a .mov file and not .gif.

I followed your troubleshooting instructions but no GifGun_log.txt file appeared in the IDDQD folder.

Any help appreciated :)
    Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 11.45.40.png
    175 x 68 - 8K
  • Hi GifGun,

Using version 1.7.14 on CC 2019, when I make a GIF it outputs as a .mov file and not .gif.

I followed your troubleshooting instructions but no GifGun_log.txt file appeared in the IDDQD folder.

Any help appreciated :)
    Hi Casey,

Sorry to hear that. Could you please open a support ticket so we figure this out?
    Do you see this issue for any kind of composition, or specific ones?

Nik
  • Hi Gifgun,

I'm trying to batch convert a couple hundred 5-second videos 4k with 600 pixel width transparent backgrounds.

The program will run and make individual folders for each item, but after completing one GIF the rest of the images never finish compiling into a gif and even the PNGS are gone. Any advice on batch exports?

Hi Cray,

Sorry for the delayed answer. We have identified some weird issues with the batch convert and are now working to fix those.
    May I ask you to open a support ticket so we had this on track?

Nik
  • Hi Gifgun,

We've identified the issue and fixed it. Going to publish the new version soon.

Nik
  • Hi Gifgun,

There is a error message when I launch gifgun and It says my mac os 10.12.6 version is not compatible. How can I solve this issue? 

Hope to solve soon!

Thanks!

• Is the Experimental Engine even working?

I'm currently trying to render a transparent GIF using EE but it's been loading for 20 minutes & still says 'Here It Comes'.
  • Any reason why the new installer won't install to the standard locations and instead can only install to my Applications folder? I'm running macOS 10.13.6. Wait, I see. I use a non-standard location symlinked for my ScriptUI folder. I guess that's it? In that case, you might want to just provide the files in a folder. For ScriptUI I don't really see a need for a separate installer. Maybe have the option for both?
  • It dosen't work on new AE version. After using plugin I have only one output with AVI extension but not GIF extension.
  • Hi Gifgun,

There is a error message when I launch gifgun and It says my mac os 10.12.6 version is not compatible. How can I solve this issue? 

Hope to solve soon!

Thanks!

Hi Kirok,

Just open a support ticket and we are sending you a compatible version.

Thank you,
    Nik
  • Bryan Lee said:
    Is the Experimental Engine even working?

I'm currently trying to render a transparent GIF using EE but it's been loading for 20 minutes & still says 'Here It Comes'.
    Hi Bryan,

That's not a normal behavior for Experimental Engine. Please test it on a short composition 300 by 300 pixels, if that's not working, contact us directly or open a support ticket. BTW, it does not support transparency.

Thank you,
    Nik
  • Joe Clay said:
    Any reason why the new installer won't install to the standard locations and instead can only install to my Applications folder? I'm running macOS 10.13.6. Wait, I see. I use a non-standard location symlinked for my ScriptUI folder. I guess that's it? In that case, you might want to just provide the files in a folder. For ScriptUI I don't really see a need for a separate installer. Maybe have the option for both?
    Hi Joe,

Due to the way GifGun works, it is not compatible with symlinked script folders, since it's not exactly a script but a full-fledged tool. Please install it for each After Effects version, or choose to install to the /Applications folder and then manually copy GifGun.jsxbin file and (gifGun) folder to the ScriptUI Panels filder.

Thank you,
    Nik
  • It dosen't work on new AE version. After using plugin I have only one output with AVI extension but not GIF extension.
    Hi Maciej,

Please make sure you are using the latest GifGun version (1.7.15 as of now). If you do and it still doesn't generate GIF, there are two options:
    1. Wait a bit. Lond compositions with high resolution may take significant time to compile. Test this by rendering a short composition 300 by 300 pixels
    2. There might be a preset issue. In order to rule that off, please uncheck Keep Alpha and Use Experimental Engine, then select [UPDATE PRESETS] option from the Render preset dropdown. Restart GifGun.

If neither of these suggestions work, please open a support ticket so we could walk you through the log generation process and help you.

Thank you,
    Nik
  • Literally stoped working after using twice, Freezes at 99% every time, never produces a gif. 
  • Literally stoped working after using twice, Freezes at 99% every time, never produces a gif. 
    Hi Kyle,

This happens when either you render a large and long composition, so just give it more time to compile. Test with a 3seconds 300 by 300 comp, if that does work, then a larger one will eventually too. Or you have an with presets, then uncheck Keep Alpha and Use Experimental Engine, then select [UPDATE PRESETS] from the Render Preset dropdown menu. If neither of this helps, please open a support ticket.

Nik
  • Hey There! What is the best setting for export a sticker to giphy? So that we get the best Sticker Quality
  • Hey There! What is the best setting for export a sticker to giphy? So that we get the best Sticker Quality
    Hi Torsten,

I recommend going for Experimental Engine and No Compression.

Nik
  • Hi!

I have purchased the plugin with intention to use within my team of 5 people. Only after the purchase and filling in licence code I have got a pop-up message that it is only valid for 1 user. I did not see any information like this anywhere before I bought the plugin, so I think the overall conditions are misleading. I am very disappointed at the moment, because the plugin is not as usable for my goals as I thought it would be.

Margarita.
  • Hi!

I have purchased the plugin with intention to use within my team of 5 people. Only after the purchase and filling in licence code I have got a pop-up message that it is only valid for 1 user. I did not see any information like this anywhere before I bought the plugin, so I think the overall conditions are misleading. I am very disappointed at the moment, because the plugin is not as usable for my goals as I thought it would be.

Margarita.
    A license is only viable for 1 user, teams should purchase multiple licenses.
  • Hi every one, I love GifGun and I've been using it a lot the last year. But now I'm having an issue instaling the script to the new AE 2020. Can you please help me out? Here the screenshot of the message that appears on my AE panels. Also, I already change the General panels on AE preferences.

Let me know your opinions.
    Carmenimageimageimageimage
    Screenshot 2020-03-02 at 18.34.01.png
    1294 x 580 - 251K
    Screenshot 2020-03-02 at 18.34.08.png
    848 x 422 - 88K
    seem to be having the same issue. ( win)
  • Hi every one, I love GifGun and I've been using it a lot the last year. But now I'm having an issue instaling the script to the new AE 2020. Can you please help me out? Here the 
    Hi Carmen,

Please update your GifGun to the latest version (1.7.15)

Nik
    seem to be having the same issue. ( win)
    Hi Shane,

This happens when either you render a large and long composition, so just give it more time to compile. Test with a 3seconds 300 by 300 comp, if that does work, then a larger one will eventually too. Or you have an issue with presets, then uncheck Keep Alpha and Use Experimental Engine, then select [UPDATE PRESETS] from the Render Preset dropdown menu. If neither of this helps, please open a support ticket.

It's also good to have GifGun updated to the latest version (1.7.15 at the moment)

Nik
  • Hey Nik,

Thanks for this sweet plugin! I'm experiencing an issue when using "Keep Alpha" where the final output either doesn't include semi-transparent shape layers at all, or exports them at full opacity. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Delaine
  • Hey Nik,

Thanks for this sweet plugin! I'm experiencing an issue when using "Keep Alpha" where the final output either doesn't include semi-transparent shape layers at all, or exports them at full opacity. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Delaine
    Hi Delaine,

It's the GIF format limitation. Pixels are either fully transparent, or fully opaque. I suggest this trick for Alpha matting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz1PQs_gMRM

Nik
  • My GIFGUN only makes a set of PNG files...
    What am I doing wrong?
    What am I doing wrong?в
    Hi Joris,

Please update to the latest version of GifGun, uncheck Keep Alpha or Use Experimental Engine, then select [UPDATE PRESETS] from the Render Preset dropdown menu. If this doesn't help, please open a support ticket instead.

Nik
    What am I doing wrong?в
    Hi Joris,

Please update to the latest version of GifGun, uncheck Keep Alpha or Use Experimental Engine, then select [UPDATE PRESETS] from the Render Preset dropdown menu. If this doesn't help, please open a support ticket instead.

Nik
  • Win 10
    Adobe After Effects v 17.0.4 (Build 59)

Working in a Team Project, after unchecking "Keep alpha" and unchecking "Use experimental engine" - then selecting [Update Presets] - then relaunching Ae, I still can't get a render out.

Maybe Team Projects aren't compatible here? Any advice is welcomed. Plug-in seems like an awesome one! Will be attempting a workaround by just bringing a render into a new (non-team) project and trying to export the GIF that way.

Cheers!
  • Win 10
    Adobe After Effects v 17.0.4 (Build 59)

Working in a Team Project, after unchecking "Keep alpha" and unchecking "Use experimental engine" - then selecting [Update Presets] - then relaunching Ae, I still can't get a render out.

Maybe Team Projects aren't compatible here? Any advice is welcomed. Plug-in seems like an awesome one! Will be attempting a workaround by just bringing a render into a new (non-team) project and trying to export the GIF that way.

Cheers!
    Hi Dalton,

To be honest, we never tested on Team Projects because we don't have this in our subscription. Could you please contact us via a support ticket to run some testing on your side and make GifGun compatible with Team Projects?

Thank you,
    Nik
  • Since I have purchased gifgun I haven't been able to get it to work. The file saves out as a .mov fine and then I get an empty.gif version that is 0bytes in size and is blank, any help? I have updated the the newest version also. 

Thanks
  • Since I have purchased gifgun I haven't been able to get it to work. The file saves out as a .mov fine and then I get an empty.gif version that is 0bytes in size and is blank, any help? I have updated the the newest version also. 

Thanks
    Hi Jordan,

Please test GifGun on a 300 by 300 pixels composition 3 seconds long. If that works, then you just need to wait longer for the GIF to fully render. If it is not working, please open a support ticket and specify your Operating system, After Effects and GifGun versions.

Nik
  • Hi! I have a feature request: would it be possible to allow us to set the matte color for transparent gifs? It defaults to white right now, and I do a lot of work where I need to export a gif that will work on a dark background, so for this I still need to export to png so I can render the gif in photoshop where I can change the matte color. 

Other than this, have been using this plugin for years now and recommend it to everyone I know. Thank you so much!
  • Hi! I have a feature request: would it be possible to allow us to set the matte color for transparent gifs? It defaults to white right now, and I do a lot of work where I need to export a gif that will work on a dark background, so for this I still need to export to png so I can render the gif in photoshop where I can change the matte color. 

Other than this, have been using this plugin for years now and recommend it to everyone I know. Thank you so much!
    Hi Casey,

We've tried to do that multiple ways, but eventually found this process to create matte manually:
    I guess we may add the button to add this pseudo-matte for next releases.

Nik
  • Hi Everyone,
    I'm currently using AE 2020, 17.0.5 (Build16) and i'm having an issue installing GG 1.7.15 ..

First the script return an error on line 159, then after the reading your documentation, I uncompress the gifGunLegacy.jsxbin and put it in the ScriptUI Panels (I delete the file gifGun.jsxbin) even if i keep them both at the same place script didn't execute ..

Ae returns errors as described below ..

Any ideas ? Thanks

Keep safe / Stay home
    Capture d’écran 2020-03-27 à 14.33.13.png
    468 x 293 - 60K
    Capture d’écran 2020-03-27 à 14.43.54.png
    619 x 247 - 32K
  • Hi Everyone,
    I'm currently using AE 2020, 17.0.5 (Build16) and i'm having an issue installing GG 1.7.15 ..

First the script return an error on line 159, then after the reading your documentation, I uncompress the gifGunLegacy.jsxbin and put it in the ScriptUI Panels (I delete the file gifGun.jsxbin) even if i keep them both at the same place script didn't execute ..

Ae returns errors as described below ..

Any ideas ? Thanks

Keep safe / Stay home
    Hi Antoine!

Please first close After Effects and then replace the jsxbin file. If that doesn't help, please open a support ticket. Also make sure you launch GifGun via Window -> GifGun.jsxbin

Nik
  • Hi Nik, Thanks, That's what I've done, but it doesn't work..
    I also opened a ticket yesterday
    Thks

• Hi Guys, finally I've just downgrade the version of AE to 17.0.4 (Build59) and it works fine ...

Capture d’écran 2020-03-30 à 00.23.53.png
    745 x 259 - 48K
  • Hi Guys, finally I've just downgrade the version of AE to 17.0.4 (Build59) and it works fine ...

Hi Antoine,

That is pretty weird, maybe some AE issues. I also haven't seen your ticket in our system, but you may contact me directly via facebook.

Nik
  • Hi,

With the last update of After Effects; the plugin has an error on the line 159... :(

• Hi,

With the last update of After Effects; the plugin has an error on the line 159... :(

Hi Enrique,

Please reinstall GifGun after the AE update. (Close After Effects first)
    If that doesn't help, please open a support ticket.

Nik
  • Hi,

I'm getting this extension(.vbs) error on my Windows(10) machine.
    How to fix this?
    Snapshot 2020-04-01 07.53.11.png
    776 x 579 - 21K
  • Nik Ska said:
    Hi,

Hi Enrique,

Nik
    This is happening to me as well. I tried to re-install AE and GifGun, same error!
  • Nik Ska said:
    Hi,

Hi Enrique,

Nik
    This is happening to me as well. I tried to re-install AE and GifGun, same error!
    Hi Alessandro,

We've discovered that this issue is most probably related to the latest After Effects updates (17.0.4 and 17.0.5) on non-english versions of the software. 
    Here's the fix: 

Please go through the steps and send us the screenshot of the preferences file as a support ticket, so we could investigate this issue a bit more.

We are now working to fix this issue for the next release.

Thank you,
    Nik
  • I have an error massage when try to open GifGun window:
    Unable to execute script at line 159. After Effects error: could not convert Unicode characters.
  • I have an error massage when try to open GifGun window:
    Unable to execute script at line 159. After Effects error: could not convert Unicode characters.
    Hi Dmitro,

This issue is related to the way GifGun handles the Unicode symbols in template names, and is specific for 17.0.4 and 17.0.5.
    We are releasing the fix soon. As of now, you may either remove all non-english symbols from the After Effects template names, or use AE 2019 and below.

Nik
  • Hi,

I have an error message when I check  Keep Alpha.

Error: AE error. The file you are attempting to open was created with AE version 12.0 (win 64) and cannot be opened with this version. Can't import Alpha template.

After this message gif is made but without transparent background.

My illustrations are made in illustrator cs6 and ae cs6, 64 bit oper system, win 10.

Thanks,
    Em
  • Em Mu said:
    Hi,

I have an error message when I check  Keep Alpha.

Error: AE error. The file you are attempting to open was created with AE version 12.0 (win 64) and cannot be opened with this version. Can't import Alpha template.

After this message gif is made but without transparent background.

My illustrations are made in illustrator cs6 and ae cs6, 64 bit oper system, win 10.

Thanks,
    Em
    Hi Em,

Seems like the file we provide for the alpha template is indeed made in the After Effects newer than CS6. Since Adobe does not let anyone to legally download this version anymore, we can't provide support for it. The only viable solution at the moment is to update to the newer after Effects version.

Nik
  • Hi Nik,

I'm getting huge file sizes once the gif has been made, as in ~450mb for a 1 minute, 1000px wide gif. I've got a feeling this has something to do with what after effects is rendering the file as, but I can't seem to figure it out.

Any insight?