• Hello,

The subtract features function is not working for me on GeoLayers 3. I found your tutorial youtubel and tried it exactly as presented.

The button just won't function. Is this a known error or am I missing something. Thank you!
  • GeoLayers is simply stuck on "starting..." I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling on ZXP a number of times, reset computer, disabled firewall. Made sure everything else was working. Activation key was accepted, but, nothing. Just stuck on the starting... screen. GeoLayers3 has no real FAQ and customer support is impossibly slow. 

• GeoLayers is simply stuck on "starting..." I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling on ZXP a number of times, reset computer, disabled firewall. Made sure everything else was working. Activation key was accepted, but, nothing. Just stuck on the starting... screen. GeoLayers3 has no real FAQ and customer support is impossibly slow. 

Hello Paulo,

Of course we have support and we do our best to answer all questions and solve problems as soon as possible. Excuse me if it took a little longer in this case.

I answered your support-ticket minutes ago. Please let us know what you prefere?

Regards

Nico 

• Hello,

The subtract features function is not working for me on GeoLayers 3. I found your tutorial youtubel and tried it exactly as presented.

The button just won't function. Is this a known error or am I missing something. Thank you!
    Hello Joey,

the bug has been fixed in version GEOlayers 3 V1.1.0. 
    Please install this version and let us know if it works.

Regards
    Nico
  • Question: I accidentally created a 4K mapcomp and containing comp, is there a quick way to modify their dimensions down to HD without breaking the mapcomps and its container?
    Hello,
    yes, simple change the mapcomp size in After Effects via the comp settings. GEOlayers will recognize the new size.
    If you have further questions or need assistance, please open a support ticket instead.
    Regards
    Nico

• I need more informations about the data license, that should appear in a corner.

Should it appear there? Or has it to appear there?
    What exactly has to appear there (Text, Size, Duration, etc.)?
    Where can I find those information?

I quick answer would be great!
    Hello Florian,

the attribution must appear there for the whole time of the map animation!
    For all server profiles that are delivered with GEOlayers as standard, GEOlayers does it for you automatically.
    This information can be found in the terms of use of the individual providers. In GEOlayers there is a link (i) in the mapcomp settings, where you can also specify the position of the attribution.

If you have further questions or need assistance, please open a support ticket instead.

Regards
    Nico
  • luo ty said:
    THE ERROR "unexpected token" is common problem?
    Hello,
    Regards
    Nico
  • Hello,
    when we finalize, alt finalize in previw, and ctrl only the current frame.

But ctrl calculate the current frame but we loose all frames calculated before ?
    Isn't it possible to calculate current frame and keep the other ? It is impossible to scroll the timeline and have several frames to preview.

thanks
  • BS Lau said:
    Hello,
    when we finalize, alt finalize in previw, and ctrl only the current frame.

But ctrl calculate the current frame but we loose all frames calculated before ?
    Isn't it possible to calculate current frame and keep the other ? It is impossible to scroll the timeline and have several frames to preview.

thanks
    Hello,
    we discuss your improvement suggestion and see if that is possible in any way. Unfortunately it is currently not possible.
    regards
  • Hi,
    Is there a suggested or simple way to include a cloud layer in a zoom in/out of a map? Any explanations or tutorials out there - I’ve not found anything so far. 

Thanks. 
  • I just wanted to say thanks to Markus for developing this plugin - I've now had it for about a week and already just comp0leted my first project for a government organisation. I love it - massively in-depth and so many features. Really cool plugin :)

Support from Markus has also been amazing - very responsive (via the ticket system) and he has even sent me a couple of explainer videos to show a feature I was needing help with. Well done for great customer support :)
  • Paul Gale said:
    I just wanted to say thanks to Markus for developing this plugin - I've now had it for about a week and already just comp0leted my first project for a government organisation. I love it - massively in-depth and so many features. Really cool plugin :)

Support from Markus has also been amazing - very responsive (via the ticket system) and he has even sent me a couple of explainer videos to show a feature I was needing help with. Well done for great customer support :)
    Wow, thanks a lot for the praise! You're welcome.

Paul Gale said:
    Hi,
    Is there a suggested or simple way to include a cloud layer in a zoom in/out of a map? Any explanations or tutorials out there - I’ve not found anything so far. 

Thanks. 
    Guess you have found a way. Easiest solution would be to import any cloud footage to the Mapcomp's containing Comp and parent it to the Mapcomp's Anchor layer. Like that it will be positioned, scaled and rotated with the map.

Best,
    Markus
  • More tutorials please also whenever I animate view it just bounces around like crazy and I don't know how to delete those keyframes. 
  • More tutorials please also whenever I animate view it just bounces around like crazy and I don't know how to delete those keyframes. 
    Hey Arturs, bouncing around like crazy doesn't sound too good. Please open a support ticket and we'll figure out whats wrong. Also for tutorials what topics are you interested in?
  • Hello
    I have some issue with upgrading GeoLayers from 2 to 3
    Since GeoLayers 2 isn't working with After Effects 2020 our company planing upgrade GeoLayers 2 to 3 version, however, during testing, we have found out that all of our projects done in 2 version are not working with 3 version. The project loads, but control are not working at all. Is there a compatibility issue?
  • Hello
    I have some issue with upgrading GeoLayers from 2 to 3
    Since GeoLayers 2 isn't working with After Effects 2020 our company planing upgrade GeoLayers 2 to 3 version, however, during testing, we have found out that all of our projects done in 2 version are not working with 3 version. The project loads, but control are not working at all. Is there a compatibility issue?
    Hello Stanislav,
    could you please open a support-ticket an we will find a solution. Support-Ticket
    Regards
    Nico
  • Hi, I'm doing the trial and really enjoying this software but having a bit of hard time importing the 3D Building Data, not sure if I'm misunderstanding the function. I want to create a 3D Map of the City of London, UK Similar to the Thumbnail that you have in the Software ad (but more like GoogleMap when 3D is turned ON)  

So my steps are:

1. Open the Script
    2. Create a New Project
    3. Zoom in to London UK   ( about 1 Mile fill the horizontal workspace )
    4. Click Next
    5. Select Bing Aerial Style
    6. Click Create
    7. When  I click Download Features there is not option for Building
    8. So I click on Draw 3D Buildings but I get the Message:” Can’t Draw 3D Buildings No Building found for Mapcomp View.  Maybe try to zoom Further” 

Could you please explaing how you created the Image in you Main Advertisement  Thumbnail Image? Importing a Heighmap  (Or Something) or Draw each building one by one? 

Please let Me know ASAP, I would like to buy the software Today or Tomorrow before the Sale Ends

• Hello? Anybody can guide me please. I really want to buy this pluging 
  • Hi, Markus,
    i'm trying out your great tool. Sometimes I lose the overview a bit but it has great and many functions.

I have a question:

Is it possible to transfer the 3 data to camera data. I would like to add to the Geo Map Animation a particle animation. Here for I would want to use Particular.

Thanks for the support.

Many greetings
    Harri
  • Hello Markus,

Looking to add clouds to my maps.
    Which map profile contains clouds?

*I am subscribed to the Geo Layers Map Data Upfront

Or point me to where to find Mercator projection clouds

Best,
    Fabian
  • Hey Markus,

Great app! I'm trying it out.  The big limitation for me is the 60 degree pitch limitation.  Is there a workaround?

Thanks!
  • Hi, I'm doing the trial and really enjoying this software but having a bit of hard time importing the 3D Building Data, not sure if I'm misunderstanding the function. I want to create a 3D Map of the City of London, UK Similar to the Thumbnail that you have in the Software ad (but more like GoogleMap when 3D is turned ON)  

So my steps are:

1. Open the Script
    2. Create a New Project
    3. Zoom in to London UK   ( about 1 Mile fill the horizontal workspace )
    4. Click Next
    5. Select Bing Aerial Style
    6. Click Create
    7. When  I click Download Features there is not option for Building
    8. So I click on Draw 3D Buildings but I get the Message:” Can’t Draw 3D Buildings No Building found for Mapcomp View.  Maybe try to zoom Further” 

Could you please explaing how you created the Image in you Main Advertisement  Thumbnail Image? Importing a Heighmap  (Or Something) or Draw each building one by one? 

Please let Me know ASAP, I would like to buy the software Today or Tomorrow before the Sale Ends

Hey Andy, think we allready answered your question in a support ticket... There is basically no building data if you're not zoomed in enough. It would be simply too much too detailed data otherwise.

Hi, Markus,
    i'm trying out your great tool. Sometimes I lose the overview a bit but it has great and many functions.

I have a question:

Is it possible to transfer the 3 data to camera data. I would like to add to the Geo Map Animation a particle animation. Here for I would want to use Particular.

Thanks for the support.

Many greetings
    Harri
    Hey Harald, unfortunately thats not possible yet. If your particle system has some world transforms though you could snap them to the Mapcomps anchor layer.

Hello Markus,

Looking to add clouds to my maps.
    Which map profile contains clouds?

*I am subscribed to the Geo Layers Map Data Upfront

Or point me to where to find Mercator projection clouds

Best,
    Fabian
    Hey Fabian, I don't have a tileserver for cloud imagery in mind at the moment. You could import some cloud images, make them a 3D layer and parent them to your Mapcomps Anchor layer though. Like this they will allways move with your map.

Hey Markus,

Great app! I'm trying it out.  The big limitation for me is the 60 degree pitch limitation.  Is there a workaround?

Thanks!
    Hey Jonathan, the 60 degree pitch limit has technical reasons. You could create an oversized Mapcomp, make it a 3D layer and pitch it with an AE Camera though.

Please note that if you have any issues it is easier for us to keep track of them when you open a support ticket.
  • Thanks a lot Markus!
  • Hi, Great plugin !

Do you havea tuto for the globe preset ?

I can't add a country to the texture comp
    Best
  • Hi, Great plugin !

Do you havea tuto for the globe preset ?

I can't add a country to the texture comp
    Best
    Hi there, unfortunately we have no tutorial yet on this project. To add a country in this project you should make sure to have the texture mapcomp selected before you draw any feature. If you have further issues please open a support ticket.
    Best
    Markus
  • Hello Markus,

The first plugin that i have ever bought in my life, very amazing tool, but ive been trying it for a week now and currently i am working on a 10 minutes long animation for  project.

The problem is that whenever i finalize it, some of the tiles dont render and come up as black, I have attached a screenshot with this message, please help!
    error.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 417K
  • Hello Markus,

The first plugin that i have ever bought in my life, very amazing tool, but ive been trying it for a week now and currently i am working on a 10 minutes long animation for  project.

The problem is that whenever i finalize it, some of the tiles dont render and come up as black, I have attached a screenshot with this message, please help!
    Hey Norman, as this might be pretty technical please open a support ticket for this. We'll help you out.
  • Hi, Markus,
    there is a possibility to separate rivers and lakes in the representation of seas. So to give rivers and lakes a different colour than the seas?
    Thank you and best regards
    Harald
  • Hi Geolayer team,

First of all, great product, it really help with the current situation where maps is part of our main job.

Our team has a question for this product. Can we fix the map zoom level so that we have control of which zoom level we want?

Let say for example, we are looking at Australia and then zoom in to the Victoria State, then to Melbourne city and then into Footscray suburb. For argument sake, we'll get 4 different map zoom level transition in this move.

I know we can limit the max zoom in preference, so we can go from Australia, State, City and when we are at suburb level, the map stays at the City zoom level.

But we are wondering if we can limit to 2 map transition, for example we'll only get the State zoom level and then city zoom level. I know this will possibly increase download time, but let's not worry about that for now.

So, in summary, on top of controlling the max zoom level, can we also set the min zoom level?

I've mock up something in the attachment, hopefully it illustrate what I'm thinking.

Thanks for your time! 

min zoom.png
    445 x 171 - 12K
  • Hi, Markus,
    there is a possibility to separate rivers and lakes in the representation of seas. So to give rivers and lakes a different colour than the seas?
    Thank you and best regards
    Harald
    Hi Harald, you could use the Water Mask Imagery Style therefore. You'll need to enable it in the preferences. Then you can create a mapcomp directly with this Imagery Style. In the Style settings you can en- and disable rivers, lakes, ocean and bridges.

Hi Geolayer team,

First of all, great product, it really help with the current situation where maps is part of our main job.

Our team has a question for this product. Can we fix the map zoom level so that we have control of which zoom level we want?

Let say for example, we are looking at Australia and then zoom in to the Victoria State, then to Melbourne city and then into Footscray suburb. For argument sake, we'll get 4 different map zoom level transition in this move.

I know we can limit the max zoom in preference, so we can go from Australia, State, City and when we are at suburb level, the map stays at the City zoom level.

But we are wondering if we can limit to 2 map transition, for example we'll only get the State zoom level and then city zoom level. I know this will possibly increase download time, but let's not worry about that for now.

So, in summary, on top of controlling the max zoom level, can we also set the min zoom level?

I've mock up something in the attachment, hopefully it illustrate what I'm thinking.

Thanks for your time! 

Hi Harold, would you please open a support ticket for this issue. There is technically a min-zoom allready. It has some downsides though, thats why you don't see it in the UI. But we can sort that out in the ticket.
  • Hi, 

I´m testing the Geolayer-Plugin right now and I´m really impressed, what it can do. Very good job, thanks!

Nevertheless, I have two questions, which I couldn´t find answered in a tutorial or in the help-section.
    1) Is it possible to define for example the sea with no color (transparency: 0%) to receive an alpha channel, so I could put any footage below the geolayers-layer? Or do you have to render a black/white-image, so you can use this as a mask-layer?
    2) I would like to have one base-layer for the country USA for example. And then on top of it splitted in layers rivers, lakes, mountains, city-names and so on, so I could activate and deactivate certain topics. Is there an easy way to achieve this? Maybe it´s possible to organize these different topics in several Map comps?

Thanks
  • Hi, 

I´m testing the Geolayer-Plugin right now and I´m really impressed, what it can do. Very good job, thanks!

Nevertheless, I have two questions, which I couldn´t find answered in a tutorial or in the help-section.
    1) Is it possible to define for example the sea with no color (transparency: 0%) to receive an alpha channel, so I could put any footage below the geolayers-layer? Or do you have to render a black/white-image, so you can use this as a mask-layer?
    2) I would like to have one base-layer for the country USA for example. And then on top of it splitted in layers rivers, lakes, mountains, city-names and so on, so I could activate and deactivate certain topics. Is there an easy way to achieve this? Maybe it´s possible to organize these different topics in several Map comps?

Thanks
    Hi Oliver,

First of all thanks for the kind words! Glad you like GEOlayers.
    1) Yes thats possible. Please select a Mapcomp and click the "Water Mask" button in the toolbar.
    2) Thats also possible. Note that when you select an imagery style for your Mapcomp you can allways click the selected one again to edit the imagerys custom settings. If you have "Basic" or "Advanced" style selected you can easily hide or show certain Feature groups. Like this you can create multiple Mapcomps each one only displaying certain groups of features. 

Hope that helps!

Best regards,
    Markus
  • Hi Oliver,

First of all thanks for the kind words! Glad you like GEOlayers.
    1) Yes thats possible. Please select a Mapcomp and click the "Water Mask" button in the toolbar.
    2) Thats also possible. Note that when you select an imagery style for your Mapcomp you can allways click the selected one again to edit the imagerys custom settings. If you have "Basic" or "Advanced" style selected you can easily hide or show certain Feature groups. Like this you can create multiple Mapcomps each one only displaying certain groups of features. 

Hope that helps!

Best regards,
    Markus
    Hi Markus,

thanks for your reply. Yes it helps.

1) Aaaah, now I got it! Somehow my brain read "watermark" instead of "water mask" :D And I asked myself, why there´s an watermark-function, but now I know I was just a little bit too stupid :)
    2) Ah cool. I´ll check that out with multiple Mapcomps based on "basic" or "advanced".
    3) By the way: yesterday I came across some nice step-by-step-tutorials of Jason Boone and in one there was also the topic of rivers - focussed on rivers in France.
    Is this the "only" workflow of getting rivers inside one country (to load them one by one) or is it also possible to load for example all rivers of france at once inside geolayers? 

Thanks & have a nice day

• Hi Markus, 

I have two other questions:
    4) Is it possible to download cities and smaller villages in the "Download Features" section?
    I´ve tried the options "Places" and "Current View Features", but in the first one ("Places") there was an error ("Error importing feature") and in the second one ("Current View Features") there were only very few cities, for example in Europe it was Paris, Rome, London, Istanbul, etc. 
    5) I´ve used the "Draw Features" function for Paris to try it out and it rendered me a circled shape layer. Is it maybe also possible to receive the actual outline of the city Paris?

Thanks and best regards
  • Hi,

Having a serious issue with the plugin.  I can create a project and create locations and setup the comp but if I save the project and try to reopen the after effects file AE crashes and I cannot work on it again.  Error message is below.  What do I do to fix this.

Last log message was: <123145575067648> <DBSync> <5> BEE_ThreadedRenderUpdateQueue::Render_DeserializeFullProject ZANZIBAR-2: old=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000, new=b1cc35dd-7900-45ca-b965-ab5b07439291, new-ts=41844

Very frusterated.

• Hi,

Having a serious issue with the plugin.  I can create a project and create locations and setup the comp but if I save the project and try to reopen the after effects file AE crashes and I cannot work on it again.  Error message is below.  What do I do to fix this.

Last log message was: <123145575067648> <DBSync> <5> BEE_ThreadedRenderUpdateQueue::Render_DeserializeFullProject ZANZIBAR-2: old=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000, new=b1cc35dd-7900-45ca-b965-ab5b07439291, new-ts=41844

Very frusterated.

Hey Brian, as this might be pretty technical please open a support ticket for this. We'll help you out.
    Regards
    Nico
  • Hi Markus, 

I have two other questions:
    4) Is it possible to download cities and smaller villages in the "Download Features" section?
    I´ve tried the options "Places" and "Current View Features", but in the first one ("Places") there was an error ("Error importing feature") and in the second one ("Current View Features") there were only very few cities, for example in Europe it was Paris, Rome, London, Istanbul, etc. 
    5) I´ve used the "Draw Features" function for Paris to try it out and it rendered me a circled shape layer. Is it maybe also possible to receive the actual outline of the city Paris?

Thanks and best regards
    Hey Oliver, as this might be pretty technical please open a support ticket for this. We'll help you out.
  • Hi Markus,

Our organization has updated to AE 2020. Do you plan on adding support for Geolayers 2.X? I'd hate to be forced to upgrade after purchasing a license just last year...
  • Hi Markus,

Our organization has updated to AE 2020. Do you plan on adding support for Geolayers 2.X? I'd hate to be forced to upgrade after purchasing a license just last year...
    Hello, could you please open a support ticket for this. We'll help you out.
    Regards
    Nico
  • Hi Markus,

Hi there,
    OK, I can understand that. Please open a support ticket and I'm sure we can help you out.
    Best,
    Markus

• Hi Markus, how do you use google satellite imagery in Geolayer 3?

Adam
  • Hi Markus, how do you use google satellite imagery in Geolayer 3?

Adam
    Hello Adam,
    could you please open a support ticket for this. We'll help you out.
    Regards
    Nico
  • Hi Markus

Long time user of all three versions and I love the improvements. I am jus treally struggling with something in V3 that I believe should be simple.
    I have GPX files that are paths. They are path / track is colour coded in the GPX track to match the terrain type (Asphalt is red, Trail is green and Gravel Road is Blue). The tracks are also labeled Trail, Gravel or Asphalt. There are about 100 tracks per GPX file. Is there a way to either match the GPX tracks original colour scheme or to use auto style to search for the words "trail", "gravel" or "asphalt" and assign coloours that way?

I can't figure this out using auto-style
  • Hello Help please - "After Effects Error: File couldn't be opened for writing" - Allow Scripts to Write Files and Access Network is Ticked. AE 2020, MacOs 10.14.5. Have tried multiple version of AE going back to 16. Have latest version of GeoMaps installed. The result is a blank mapcomp when finalise is executed.  Thanks in advance. [Support Ticket Posted]
  • Hi Markus

Long time user of all three versions and I love the improvements. I am jus treally struggling with something in V3 that I believe should be simple.
    I have GPX files that are paths. They are path / track is colour coded in the GPX track to match the terrain type (Asphalt is red, Trail is green and Gravel Road is Blue). The tracks are also labeled Trail, Gravel or Asphalt. There are about 100 tracks per GPX file. Is there a way to either match the GPX tracks original colour scheme or to use auto style to search for the words "trail", "gravel" or "asphalt" and assign coloours that way?

I can't figure this out using auto-style
    Hey David, 
    import the style from the gpx is not possible at the moment, but auto styling it according to a tag should be possible. Could you open a support ticket and attach the gpx? We'll help you out!

Hello Help please - "After Effects Error: File couldn't be opened for writing" - Allow Scripts to Write Files and Access Network is Ticked. AE 2020, MacOs 10.14.5. Have tried multiple version of AE going back to 16. Have latest version of GeoMaps installed. The result is a blank mapcomp when finalise is executed.  Thanks in advance. [Support Ticket Posted]
    Hey Adrian,
    thanks for creating a support ticket for these kind of issues. It is easier for us to keep track of it like this. If anyone else runs into the same error. Reinstalling GEOlayers 3 did the job.
  • Hi Markus, 

I was wondering if you offer any licenses for educational use, and if there are any usage restrictions for the trial of the software.

Thanks.
  • Hello! I love this product. 

Just wondering if there was a simple way of turning off individual water features? So, hide rivers and lakes, but keep the oceans. Seems like it should be easy but I'm not seeing it in the styling options. 

Thanks - Jeremy
  • Hi there. When using water / land masks the blending of tiles between zoom levels is really noticeable. Is there any way of turning off blending and using high res tiles all the way? I'm sure it was possible in version 2.
  • Hi.

Suddenly, Geolayer's  'animate feature pass' function doesnt work, saying "Error in host method 'drawFeatures'""
    How can I solve this problem??

• Hi Markus, 

I was wondering if you offer any licenses for educational use, and if there are any usage restrictions for the trial of the software.

Thanks.
    Hi Juan, there is education discount on GEOlayers... Please read more here: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/educational-discounts/

Hello! I love this product. 

Just wondering if there was a simple way of turning off individual water features? So, hide rivers and lakes, but keep the oceans. Seems like it should be easy but I'm not seeing it in the styling options. 

Thanks - Jeremy
    Hi Jeremy, at the moment this is only possible in the water mask imagery. So you could draw your water on an additional linked mapcomp and edit it accordingly. For Ease of use we will add these options to the Basic and Advanced Style too. Within the next realeases.

Hi there. When using water / land masks the blending of tiles between zoom levels is really noticeable. Is there any way of turning off blending and using high res tiles all the way? I'm sure it was possible in version 2.
    Hi Jorg, this is not possible as it could end in a huge amount of data and rendering if you lets say want to render the whole world in street level detail. What you could do though is creating an oversized mapcomp and animate its position and scale or a camera.

Hi.

Suddenly, Geolayer's  'animate feature pass' function doesnt work, saying "Error in host method 'drawFeatures'""
    How can I solve this problem??

Oh not good, would you please open a support ticket and attach the feature you want to draw? We will find out whats wrong.