Magnum - The Edit Detector
Compatibility After Effects Please check exact version compatibility under the "COMPATIBILITY" tab below
Add Your tagsClose
Automatically detects edits in footage. To use it you simply select a footage layer in a comp, set the work area to the region you'd like to find edits and tell Magnum to go to work!
Now compatible with After Effects CC using a new detection method which is much more effective and fully compatible with every version starting from CS3 upwards. There is also a new feature to tell Magnum what the minimum scene length to help detection of tricky footage. Finally we added a "Save detection analysis" option which allows you to see how Magnum views the edit detection levels so you can set the best detect level for your footage.
The powerful new Detection Analysis feature lets you graphically see the edits in your footage. Please watch the demo video for instructions on how to use it.
After it detects the scenes or edits you have 5 options:
- Split into new layers: This mode will split the selected layer into individual layers at every edit.
- Trimmed pre-comps: This mode will split the layer and then pre-comp it into a comp that is the length of the split layer.
- Full-length pre-comps: This mode will split the layer and pre-comp it into a comp that is the same length as the original comp.
- Trimmed adjustment layers: This mode will create a new adjustment layer that is trimmed to the length of every detected scene.
- Place markers on layer: This mode will create and place markers at every detected edit point.
There is also a very customizable naming system for the newly created layers, comps, markers, etc. You can set the name however you want with the assistance of some special keywords:
- [clip#] (the number of #'s indicates the number of leading zeroes)
It works very well at the default detect level of 1.7, but tricky footage might need this adjusted. Lower values make it more sensitive to finding edits. Use the Detection Analysis feature to graphically see the edits in your footage and accurately set the detect level.
There is a built-in help and help-tips that are shown when hovering over the UI.
Upgrade Notice: If you purchased the previous version of Magnum in the last year you can get a discount equal to 100% of what you paid. If you purchased it over a year ago you will receive a discount equal to 50% of what you originally paid. To get the discount login with the same email as your original purchase, please refer to this FAQ for more details.
|After Effects||CC, CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4, CS3|
Current version: 2.55
- 2.55 - Added CC Compatibility - 08/2013
- 2.54 - Fixed windows licensing bug - 06/2013
- 2.53 - Fixed layer marker bug - 06/2013
- 2.52 - Added 'Save Detection Analysis' and tweaks to detection algorithm - 06/2012
- 2.51 - Added "Create detection analysis layer" result mode - 06/2012
- 2.5 - New detection method, min frame setting, CS6 compatible - 06/2012
- 2.02 - Fixed detection bug - 06/2012
- 2.0 - 06/2010
- Added 3 new result modes: Trimmed pre-comps, full-length pre-comps, adjustment layers
- Added a new smart layer naming system
- Made compatible with non-english languages
- Made CS5 compatible
- Much improved detection speed
- Added a Stop button (finally!!)
- 1.051 fixed windows english launching instructions to -L en_US 06/2009
- 1.05 english language detection, added progress bar on mac cs4. 09/2008
- 1.04 further fixed detection algorithm - 02/2008
- 1.03 optimized cut detection algorithm, fixed no selected layer bug - 02/2008
- 1.02 minor bug fix that incorrectly identified Comp's as a null - 01/2008
- 1.01 minor bug fix to add error correction for null and stretched layers - 01/2008
- 1.0 initial release - 01/2008