Compatibility After Effects Please check exact version compatibility under the "COMPATIBILITY" tab below
Add Your tagsClose
The original Plexus was cool, Plexus 2 is plain awesome! The new features multiply its usefulness and versatility by 10 and open up a whole new world of scenarios where it can be used not only for info and data graphics but also creative exploration.-Mylenium
The new features and the ability to export as .svg-files makes Plexus 2 a weapon of choice for both video and print output.-Halvor Bodin
Plexus chomps through tens of thousands of points and lines no trouble. -Steve Kirby
Whether I'm using plexus with masks, lights or 3d objects, I haven't had as much enjoyment from a plugin since Trapcode Form. -Simon Bronson
It was very easy to get started. Within a day or less I was able to discover many different techniques with the plugin, and found it very intuitive. I feel like there are more possibilities than I really know right now. Just the fact that you can integrate it extensively with 3D means there is much more to discover.-Chris Murphy
Plexus is a Next Generation 3D Particle System Plugin designed for Adobe After Effects.
- Create stunning generative art with ease
- Highly integrated into After Effects, native camera and light aware
- Breakthrough modular workflow, that is infinitely configurable
- Create Organic Structures using powerful replication tools
- Effectors to create physical simulations
- High quality custom rendering engine
- Depth of field
- 32 Bit rendering
- Control over rendering order
Plexus comes with the Plexus OBJ Sequence Exporter for Cinema 4D included for free!
For usage instructions please see video tutorials under the 'Videos' tab above.
Please note that Plexus 2 requires After Effects CS5 and above.
Upgrade notice: If you purchased Plexus 1 after July 1st, 2012 you can upgrade to Plexus 2 for free. If you purchased it before July 1st you can upgrade for $99.99. To get the upgrade pricing you will need an account with the same email as your original purchase. User accounts are a new feature of our new site so you will need to create a new account if you haven't already but make sure to use the same email address as your previous purchase to get the upgrade discounts. If you already have an account on the new site then simply log in. Contact us if you have any questions.
New Features in Plexus 2:
Work made with Plexus 2:
Jump to Tutorial videos
Work made with Plexus 2:
More work created with Plexus
|After Effects||CS6, CS5.5, CS5|
Current version: 2.0.6
- 2.0.6 - Minor bug and stability fixes - Feb 2013
- 2.0.5 - Fixed paths object "Unknown Exception" errors - Nov 2012
- 2.0.4 - Oct 2012
- Fixed OBJ Resolution issue
- Fixed issues with Sprites
- Fixed Global Cache issues in CS6
- Minor Bugfixes
- 2.0.2b - Sept 2012
- Fixed Mac OSX only math precision bug
- 2.0.2 - Sept 2012
- Fixed Issues with Facets
- Fixed Random Lines Issue
- 2.0.1 - Sept 2012
- Fixed Memory Leaks
- Fixed v1 Project Upgrade issues
- Fixed Mesh Triangulation issues
- Overall General Stability
- 2.0 - Sept 2012
- Layers Object
- Facet Effectors
- Render Objects
- Random Sprite Modes
- Improved OBJ Support
- 3D Beams
- 3D Splines
- Instances & Echo
- Instance Containers (OBJ Containers)
- Time-Distance Smoothing
- Intuitive Graph based UI
- Adobe Illustrator Export
- Experimental OpenGL Renderer with HQ Depth of Field
- 1.4.5 - Minor Bug Fixes, UI Tweaks and CS6 Compatibility - Apr 2012
- 1.4.4 - Fixed Opacity and DoF Bug - Jan 2012
- 1.4.3 - Bug fixes and maintenance - Jan 2012
- 1.4.2 - Nov 2011
- Accurate Path Subdivision & Fixed Plexus layer offset issue.
- Plexus layers need not start at timeline zero in the composition
- 1.4.1 - Bug Fixes, Memory Leak Fixes - Nov 2011
- 1.4 - Sep 2011
- Performance improvements (Renders faster)
- UI tweaks to streamline interface
- Bug fixes
- 1.3 - Fixed text layer issue, mac installer and other minor bugs - Jun 2011
- 1.2 - May 2011
- Depth of Field
- 32 Bit Rendering
- Scaling Parameters for Effectors
- Fade Out for Spherical Field
- Individual Noise Amplitude Control for Each Light.
- Control over Rendering Order.
- Scale Plexus using the Transform Effector.
- Added more Blending Modes.
- Bug fixes
- 1.0 - Initial Release - Feb 2011