smartLib for Nuke
Compatibility Nuke Please check exact version compatibility under the "COMPATIBILITY" tab below
Add Your tagsClose
DescriptionsmartLib is a project and shot management system for Nuke. If you find yourself often switching between different projects and/ or shots then this tool will become handy for you. You can easily navigate between different projects and shots, set shot status and write notes. Other artists in your team that use smartLib too can see the shots status and comments and can add and edit them. This enhances the collaboration among artists in your team and makes every day's compositing work more effective. In addition you can create new shots out of fully customizable shot templates.
• project and shot management system
• easily navigate between projects and shots
• set shot status & write nodes
• collaborate with other artists in your team
• open nuke scripts directly out of smartLib
• create new shots out of fully customizable shot templates
• bookmark projects
• create automatic set up write nodes and render directories.
• sort shots by status and search shots by name
A detailed tutorial video that shows how to install and use smartLib can be found here:
Which kinds of licenses do you offer?
We offer node locked licenses and site licenses for single products as well as annual subscription licenses to use ALL cragl products with one license. All products work online and offline.
AdditionalFor additional info about smartLib please refer to https://www.cragl.com/smartLib
|Nuke/NukeX||14.0, 13.2, 13.1, 13.0, 12.2, 12.1, 12.0, 11.3, 11.2, 11.1, 11.0, 10.0, 9.0, 8.0|
4.18 (Current version) - Apr 15, 2023
• Search in shot tree
• Expand and collapse shot tree
• Launch working file from context menu
• Fix - Render and Footage icons don't show in shot tree under Windows
4.17 - Mar 20, 2023
• Make shot info text areas in project view editable for all shots
• Clicking 'open' closes smartLib before opening the working file
• Add Button to apply format values from default values
• Fix Leading zeros get removed in shot name when bulk creating shots
• Fix Import from footage directory returned without importing media
• Fix Apply default format from settings when creating new work file
4.16 - Feb 26, 2023
• Add help menu
4.15 - Dec 18, 2022
4.14 - Jul 31, 2022
• Fix Dropping a folder into the saved projects list holds an event lock under windows
• Add 'Add to saved projects' command in system list right click menu
4.13 - Jun 5, 2022
• Continuous load of projects
• Create sequence cut
• Send rendering to smartMedia
• Adjust and uniform style
• Navigate to custom folder when clicking home button
• Expose settings button and docs button in GUI
• Load selected item when enter key is pressed
• Show number of shots for currently loaded show
4.12 - Feb 16, 2021
• Fix context menu in template editor does no longer show up
4.11 - Feb 16, 2021
4.10 - Jan 19, 2021
4.9 - Jan 19, 2021
• Send email to license author when machine installs license
4.8 - Dec 30, 2020
4.7 - Aug 5, 2020
• Speed up running in offline mode
4.6 - Mar 4, 2020
4.5 - Oct 6, 2019
• Fix setting format for template nk file
4.4 - May 8, 2019
• Generate license by license file, login and install code
• Update internal package structure
4.3 - Apr 13, 2019
4.2 - Mar 12, 2019
• Export project report as csv version
• Bring back exporting the project report in Nuke-11 (only html and csv)
• Import csv data for multiple shots of a project and into single shots
• Assign custom user to shot
• Change default shot images mode (light, medium, dark)
• Update icons
• Add sphinx documentation
4.1 - Mar 1, 2018
4.0 - Jul 13, 2017
• Major code updates and code improvements
3.0 - Oct 10, 2016
• setting default formats for nuke scripts
• changing the format of a nuke script on the fly (shot template creation, tree hierarchy current shot, creating new shots from template)
• pin/ unpin smartLib main window to stay always on top or not.
• ignore nuke script in shot dropdown(e.g. backup- and annotation scripts)
• delete preview shot image
• inline tooltips on all major widgets and elements (smartLib main window and settings)
• overall code improvement, stability and speed ups
2.3 - Jul 28, 2016
• system folder ability to create a new folder
• default shot template for project: as soon as you create a new shot from a shot template the selected template will be stored for this project. So if you create another one the selected template from the template list will be the template the you used the last time.
• bulk shot creation from template: all three shot creation methods (empty shot, from existing shot folder structure, from shot template) include now the ability to create multiple shots in one go. In the name input simply enter multiple shot names separated by comma.
• source footage default folder: In the current shot section right click one of your folders and choose "footage direcotry->set footage directory". Now you can directly browse to the folder by navigating to cragl->smartLib->import from footage directory. This can be set per shot or you can also set a default footage directory in your shot template to enable this feature for each shot. In the right click menu you can also choose a global folder outside the shot itself so this will then always direct you to that folder.
• global gamma slider for shot thumbnails: in the settings window in the general section there is a new slider for setting the gamma when creating shot thumbnails.
• collapse image sequences: In cragl->smartLib->settings in the general tab you can find the option "collapse image sequences". This collapses image sequences in the current shot section and displays a sequence in this format: sequenceName.[1001-1100].exr. If you need to copy, cut and paste items you need to uncheck the collapse image sequences option in smartLib's settings window.
• insert into dag: in the currentShot section right click a file, image sequence or nukescript and choose "insert in dag". This will insert the selected item into your node graph.
• insert shot notes: choose cragl->smartLib->insert shot notes. This creates a sticky note and pastes all notes for this shot into it.
• all items get sorted alphabetically. This is now the default method.
• improved file selection behaviour in shot lib section. This behaves now exactly the same way as selecting files in your explorer.
2.2 - Jun 8, 2016
• fixed bug that caused problem when setting the thumbnail image in windows 10
• custom status color - color picker now in edit window
• functionality to set the padding delimiter to an underscore or to a fullstop
2.1 - May 7, 2016
• Fixed Bug that caused errors in creating shot thumbnails in windows
2.0 - Feb 29, 2016
• added Status/Report Tab in Settings (see documentation 4.2)
• added functionality to create custom shot status (see documentation 4.2.1, 4.2.2)
• added functionality to export the current project with all thumbnails, status and comments (see documentation 5)
• added shortcut to system section. Pressing enter will now enter the currently selected folder
• added shortcut to system section. Pressing the backspace key will now leave the current folder and navigate to the parent folder
• added reveal in finder functionality to right click menu in system section
• fixed bug that caused the status to be redrawn to the previuos status in the current project section if a shot note is written
• fixed bug that caused problems with loading a project that had non well formed metaxml files