Compatibility After Effects Please check exact version compatibility under the "COMPATIBILITY" tab below
Add Your tagsClose
Custom, sleek, shareable toolbars for After Effects
Create custom toolbars unique to your workflows. Save time and clicks by putting your most used effects, presets and more at your fingertips. Multiple toolbars let you switch between different tasks and keep your productivity up. Focus on creativity, not digging through menus.
What's in KBar3?
Fun and colorful toolbars
Slick and easy to use
Shareable with others (New!)
Toolbar labels (New!)
More button types (New!)
Make up to 4 toolbars (with keyboard modifiers!)
Bulk import and export buttons (New!)
Wider Buttons (New!)
- Drag and drop reordering
- Switch between toolbars
- Snap to the left or right edge of AE
for vertical mode
- Open up to 4 toolbar windows at once
- Make buttons do more with
- Effects and Presets
- Menu commands
- Expressions, scripts and scriptlets
A bunch of free scriptlets here.
- Run Shell Commands
- Text labels including emoji's
- Pick from 600+ Icons
- Use your own PNG or SVG files
- Adjust the size and spacing
KBar Integration GuideIf you're an author and want your scripts to work with KBar checkout the integration guide.
I have to say that KBar for @AdobeAE is one of my must-have tools. The 2.0 update is huge! Multiple toolbars, keyboard modifiers to get more out of buttons, easier configuration, and more. Get it on @aescripts now! https://t.co/AYc8hXKmAa pic.twitter.com/7TLsDArO0H— Paul Conigliaro (@conigs) February 4, 2019
Not paid for or anything. I just rally, really love KBar and think everyone needs to see the light.— Paul Conigliaro (@conigs) February 4, 2019
Yes! Kbar has allowed me to remove so many ScriptUI panels from my interface. It's really helped me simplify my work environment. https://t.co/Ur8dz8KOnD— David Arbor (@editorarbor) February 4, 2019
Kbar 2.0!!!https://t.co/2vmIKH1mLl— Matthew Law (@FoughtTheLaw) February 4, 2019
The single most important extension in my @AdobeAE workflow just updated!
- Multiple toolbars
- Keyboard Modifiers
ok @AdobeAE folks… heres an addon that will truly help your productivity & make AE even more fun https://t.co/CEX8VKamZC #mograph #VFX— danny princz (@rendernyc) July 11, 2017
New KBar is out! Amazing workflow tool for AE. Get it now!#aftereffects #motionGraphics https://t.co/SPUHlRcE0k— João Morgado (@_MrJomo) February 4, 2019
I never imagined Kbar could get any better...Can’t live without it since I got it last year! Thanks— M▴RIO (@mrio_x) February 4, 2019
Upgrade NoticeIf you purchased KBar2 after June 1, 2022 you can upgrade for free, otherwise the upgrade is $20. KBar1 users can upgrade for $30. Simply login to the same account and the discounted price will be automatically shown. If you need assistance please open a support ticket
|After Effects||2022, 2021, 2020, CC 2019|
3.1.2 (Current version) - Dec 30, 2022
- You can disable showing modifiers in tooltips. This is mostly useful for Mac users that think the tooltips are too big.
- The toolbar label wasn't being saved upon restarting KBar. This is fixed.
- If you press a modifier key and hover over a button the tooltip was wrong.
3.1.1 - Nov 24, 2022
- Effect button “Loading…” issue is fixed.
- Square text buttons sometimes acted like wide button for mouse events.
- Custom png icon buttons in the icon designer had an unbounded width for the preview.
- `kbar.JSON` and `kbar.aeq` were removed by in an earlier build of KBar by accident.
3.1.0 - Nov 21, 2022
- Wider text buttons (up to 16 chars)
- Spacer buttons
- Toolbar label with a dropdown for easy switching
- Tooltips include modifier buttons underneath.
- Tooltips can be disabled.
- Extension buttons can have custom arguments.
- Text buttons with 2 east asian characters shows up on a single line.
- Other minor annoyances
3.0.3 - Sep 3, 2022
- Customers on 22.6 or the AE Beta were getting licensing errors.
- Run Shell Script Buttons didn't work correctly when the path had a space in it.
3.0.2 - Aug 30, 2022
- Some customers on Windows 10 were getting "ReferenceError: url is undefined" at startup.
- Toolbar exports were too large.
3.0.1 - Aug 15, 2022
3.0.0 - Aug 7, 2022
- Initial release of KBar3
What's in KBar3?
- Shareable toolbars
- More button types
- Make up to 4 toolbars (with keyboard modifiers!)
- Bulk import and export buttons