Compatibility After Effects Please check exact version compatibility under the "COMPATIBILITY" tab below
Add Your tagsClose
OpenSesame brings backwards compatibility to After Effects, exporting projects that can be opened in any version from CS3 or later. Projects are exported as human readable text files that can also be edited in a text editor or spreadsheet in various ways, such as changing text layers, colors, footage and file paths.
HOW TO USE
Open the project you want to convert, run OpenSesame and click Export Project. A log file will be created listing any items that can't be exported. If you don't have the version of After Effects required to open the project you should get the person who created it to complete the first step using OpenSesame, then send you the exported text file.
Launch the earlier version of After Effects (CS3 or later) and run OpenSesame. Click Import Project, then choose the exported OS project file.
NOTE: Some parts of projects can't be exported due to scripting limitations. The following features aren't currently supported:
- Paint, Rotobrush and Puppet Pin effects.
- Text style support is CS4+ only and doesn't include features like kerning, vertical and paragraph text, or multiple text styles on one layer.
- Custom data values. Effect properties with custom data values can't be exported, such as the Levels Histogram and the Hue/Saturation effect. In these cases you could use the Levels (Individual Controls) and Color Balance (HLS) effects instead.
The free trial version is limited so that effects aren't added to imported projects.
|After Effects||CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4, CS3|
- 1.21 - Fixed bug that stopped keyframe eases from importing - May 2013
- 1.2 - Apr 2013
- fixed export failure related to text alignment settings
- fixed import failure related to time remap keys
- light shadow values export correctly
- 1.1 - Aug 2012
- ray traced 3D compatibility
- now supports comments and label colors (CS5+)
- option to favour absolute/relative footage paths
- changed set parent method to jump
- UTF8 encoding to fix issues with non native text characters
- additional export options (preserve tabs/commas and excel safe mode)
- warn user if project contains text plugins (Basic Text, Path Text, Numbers)
- converts Camera Lens Blur effect to Lens Blur when down converting from CS5.5+
- correctly sets on/off state of light layers
- fixed import bug for time remap on locked layers
- fixed bug with incorrect in/out points on some time remapped layers
- fixed mask keyframe bug with negative time stretch layers
- fixed import bug with relative paths
- correctly exports empty shape paths
- correctly exports missing PSD layers
- correctly exports dynamic links
- 1.02 - Fixed licensing issue - Feb 2012
- 1.01 - Added support for legacy OS X 10.4 PPC systems - Jan 2012
- 1.0 - Initial release - Jan 2012