Compatibility After Effects Please check exact version compatibility under the "COMPATIBILITY" tab below
Compatibility Premiere Please check exact version compatibility under the "COMPATIBILITY" tab below
Compatibility Media Encoder Please check exact version compatibility under the "COMPATIBILITY" tab below
Add Your tagsClose
Filling the codec gap
AfterCodecs brings you with consistency all the codecs and features you need
- ProRes, yes even on older versions of Adobe
- H264 8K (not limited to 4K) and a fast, easy-to-use, YouTube Upload profile
- All 4 HAP codecs with fast algorithms and non-multiple-of-4 resolutions
- Special Premiere Pro / Media Encoder features : Export all Audio tracks separately, MultiRender feature to export multiple clips from the same timeline, Custom Framerate etc.
Better and faster compression
AfterCodecs uses ffkroma to encode H264 and H265 :
- Low bitrates videos are of better quality than before
- Choose the efficiency you need : fast encoding for your previews or low filesize for final delivery
- Save time directly in AE render queue without touching the command line and having huge temporary files
- Filesize targetting
Please use the 500 Frames Free Trial before buying
AfterCodecs AE vs. Exporting with AME
AfterCodecs will create a smaller, better looking file directly in the After Effects render queue. What's not to love?
- Mac OSX : version >= 10.10
- Microsoft Windows : version 7/8/10
- Adobe CC 2014 to 2019 included
- One license is for the same user on up to two computers not used at the same time
Codecs and containers
- [MOV] ProRes : 6 official profiles (422 LT / Proxy / Normal / HQ / 4444 / XQ ) and two unofficial profiles (422 Ultra and 4444 Light). ProRes 4444 Light / 4444 / XQ supports the Alpha Channel.
- [MOV] HAP GPU accelerated codecs : 4 codecs (Hap, Hap Alpha, Hap Q and Hap Q Alpha), you can choose disable Snappy compression and change the number of CPU chunks, and for Hap and Hap Alpha you can choose your compression algorithm (each have their own tradeoff between speed and quality)
- [MOV] [MP4] x264 : best H264 / AVC implementation, outperforming both Adobe Media Encoder and QuickTime H264. A special Youtube Upload profile is provided, very easy to use!
- [MOV] [MP4] x265 : files are ~25% lighter than x264 for the same quality, but slower encoding
- [MOV] [MP4] x264 RGB : same as x264 but avoids YUV colorspace, best for storing separate channels in one video like UV maps, alpha, 3D passes etc. (for power users !)
- AE on OSX : Rendering multiple output modules in parallel for the same queue item doesn’t work
- Don’t use the ProRes for broadcast. Always test your hardware and software. It’s not an official version of ProRes; for example ProRes 4444’s Alpha channel doesn’t seem to be accepted by Blackmagic Hyperdeck Studio Mini.
- OSX : some issues when using multiple monitors, Popup will automatically relocate itself to your primary screen. Don’t forget you can press
SHIFT+ESCto put the window back in the top left corner
- For H264 and H265, dimensions of the video must be even (=> odd resolutions will fail), except if you choose YUV 4:4:4 for H264
- Interlacing : lower field first in H264 recognized as top field first by Adobe
How to install : unzip and use the included installer !
AfterCodecs for After Effects Tutorial
|After Effects||2020, CC 2019, CC 2018, CC 2017, CC 2015.3, CC 2015, CC 2014|
|Premiere||2020, CC 2019, CC 2018, CC 2017, CC 2015.3, CC 2015, CC 2014|
|Media Encoder||2020, CC 2019, CC 2018, CC 2017, CC 2015, CC 2014|