Compatibility After Effects Please check exact version compatibility under the "COMPATIBILITY" tab below
Add Your tagsClose
Newton 3 is part of the amazing Mobo Motion Bundle. Get the bundle and save $50
THE 2D PHYSICS ENGINE FOR ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS
Newton 3 brings realistic physics to After Effects, making your 2D composition layers act like solid objects that interact with each other – just like in the real world. It gives you many ways to control the properties of your objects, including type, density, friction, bounciness and velocity. You can also change world properties, like gravity. What’s more, Newton 3 allows you to create realistic joints between objects, so you can easily create complex motion. Once you complete your simulation, the animation is recreated in After Effects with standard keyframes, so you can adjust the timing however you choose. Easy, no?
Newton 3 can be tested for free ! The unregistered version is fully functional but export is restricted to 25 frames. Download it and try it !
- • With Newton 3, 2D layers in AE act like solid objects
- • Supports masks, text and shape layers
- • Handles collisions, friction, bounciness, gravity and much more
- • 6 types of object (static, dynamic, kinematic, AEmatic, dormant and dead)
- • 6 types of joints (distance, pivot, piston, spring, wheel and blob) so you can connect objects exactly how you want
- • Attract or repel objects with our magnetism system
- • Almost every physical property can be animated with keyframes
- • Clean, well-organized and easy to use interface
- • Fast preview, and fast export to keyframes
NEW FEATURES IN NEWTON 3
ANIMATE PHYSICAL PROPERTIES OVER TIME USING OUR NEW KEYFRAMES PANEL:
- • Make your objects bouncier, give them more friction. Change their dampening. Activate / deactivate joints over time. Turn motors on or off, change the rotation speed. And more... The possibilities are endless!
- • Available for almost every property
- • Unlimited number of keyframes
- • 5 types of keyframe interpolation, to meet all your motion needs
- • Graph preview, because seeing motion is better than reading about it
TWO NEW JOINTS TO PLAY WITH: WHEEL AND BLOB
Use wheel joints for all your vehicles –
with built-in suspension and motor!
With our new blob joint, you can join multiple objects
to create a deformable object that stays the same volume.
QUICKLY ADD WALLS TO YOUR SCENE
• Need some boundaries? Add static walls to your scene with a single click! With built-in infinite floor and comp bounds.
EXPORT CONTACTS TO KEYFRAMES
• Simply select the object that you want to export the contacts for, check the option inside Newton, and voilà! Once the simulation is done, you’ll get keyframes where there were contacts.
This comes in handy for synchronizing events – like pinball hits!
Create a chain of objects with the Distance Joint to get a realistic ‘dangling-on-a-rope’ effect. If you want a springier effect, add some elasticity with a soft Distance Joint.
Make your objects rotate around the same point with the Pivot Joint, then watch them swing free. If you want, you can also add angle limits and a motor to the joint.
Is your animation in need of a piston? Add a translation axis to your objects with the Piston Joint, then add translation limits and a motor, if that’s your thing.
Boinnnnng! Add some realistic springiness between your objects using the Spring Joint.
Get your wheels rolling with the Wheel Joint, with built-in motor and suspension. Just like a rolling stone…
Need some gloop in your life? Join multiple objects together with the Blob Joint to make a deformable object that stays the same volume, no matter where you send it.
- • Our ConnectLayers script gets on really well with Newton 3 - it'll help you create ropes and much more.
- • Use our JointViz script included in the package to easily recreate Newton joints with AE shape layers (requires CC 2018 or later).
WAIT - THERE'S MORE
- • We’ve polished the interface so it matches that of After Effects (and looks pretty).
- • There’s better support for shape layers.
- • You’ll find a new registration system too – a single plug-in file for both the trial and the full versions, which you can activate/deactivate by using the aescripts licensing framework.
- • We’ve improved the installation process for Windows (dependencies load better, no installer required).
- • You can take Scene Snapshots to quickly decide which setup is the best for your scene, without the hassle of loading settings.
- • Actions History lets you undo/redo what you’ve done in an instant.
- • Preferences and Shortcuts dialogs.
- • A comprehensive User Guide for all your questions.
- • Many sample projects to get started in no time, including most of the projects created for the gif animations of this page (included in the package).
GET STARTED !
See more video tutorials under the VIDEOS tab above
NOTE FOR NEWTON 2 USERS
We’ll still provide support for Newton 2, but we’ll no longer be doing bug fixes, new features or improvements to this version.
If you own Newton 2, the upgrade is $99.99. Newton 1 owners can upgrade for $150. To get the upgrade price simply login to the same account the you made the original purchase with. If you need assistance please open a support request
|After Effects||2022, 2021, 2020|