BeatEdit for After Effects
Compatibility After Effects Please check exact version compatibility under the "COMPATIBILITY" tab below
BeatEdit will change the way you animate to music in After Effects. It auto-detects beats in a music track and allows you to do anything you like with them: create beat markers, animate sliders, animate layers, repeat keyframes, and much more.
- Beat Detection: BeatEdit features a highly accurate Beat Detector developed by universities in Porto (Portugal) and Victoria (Canada). This beat tracker goes way beyond simple peak detection, combining several methods and a great deal of expert knowledge to get accurate results, even with songs where the beat is not obvious.
- Markers: Visualize beats as markers in your composition. You can also easily copy, paste and move markers.
- Beat Wiggle: Whether you want to animate sliders, 2D or 3D layers or time-remap your footage – the beat wiggle does it all. Endless possibilities, full control and lots of presets. It even supports beat patterns, so the animation behaves differently for each beat.
- Repeat Keyframes: BeatEdit can of course repeat your keyframed animations in sync with the beat, but it also comes with a powerful continuous mode which offsets each repetition, so that it starts exactly where the previous one ends.
- Stagger Layers & Keyframes: Want your text to appear step by step with the beat, or sync your keyframes up to the music? Our stagger features are your best friends!
- Beat Selection: BeatEdit gives you full control over which beats your animations react to - you can choose to select only every fourth beat, select beats randomly, or subdivide the beats. BeatEdit can even react to other rhythmically relevant points of your music to create even more variation.
Robust Beat Tracking Technology
BeatEdit relies on highly robust beat tracking technologies developed by music research groups around the globe. The beat tracker used (IBT) is developed by the Sound and Music Computing Group at the INESC University of Porto. BeatEdit also relies on the MARSYAS (Music Analysis, Retrieval and Synthesis for Audio Signals) framework developed under the direction of George Tzanetakis, Associate Professor at the University of Victoria.
I've been testing the beta and it's such a powerful tool. So many options to help you animate just about anything to audio. https://t.co/91H06ClE7i— Kevin Snyder (@freshmograph) April 25, 2019
This AE extension is so fun and intuitive to work with. Glad to have helped with the promo!— Wood Shack Creative (@The_Wood_Shack) April 25, 2019
|2024, 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, CC 2019, CC 2018, CC 2017, CC 2015.3