Malka Media produced a 360/VR experience for TRESemmé as part of NYFW SS 2017 (New York Fashion Week Spring Summer). Charles Youssef partnered with TRESemmé to film in a Manhattan rooftop garden, allowing a 360 view of the catwalk and surrounding New York City skyline as if you’re sitting front row.
There was a time when fashion week was limited to a specific location in NYC, where editors, buyers, stylists, and celebrities watched the show. All that has changed, as technology allows anyone a front row view, and designers create events outside of the conventional fashion week venues.
Mettle SkyBox 360 VR Tools for Premiere Pro support the 3840 x 2160 stereo format that was used in the production. Google Jump and the Nokia Ozo are two examples of cameras that can shoot stereo over:under in this format. The stitched footage was imported into Premiere Pro, where SkyBox 360/VR Tools plugin were used.
The footage was shot in 3840 x 2160 Stereo format, over:under.
The stereo format can be viewed on Google cardboard, or similar devices. On a browser or phone, it will display as mono view.
Mono view for phone or browser ie. Google Chrome.
Post VFX and graphics with SkyBox 360/VR Tools:
- Tripod, wire removal and floor replacement where stitch was uneven.
- Skybox convertor to pan camera so problem area is centered on screen, then convert equirectangular to cube map in order to paint in Photoshop.
- Skybox to reverse process and put the patch back in 360
- Skybox converter to re-position the Maya/3D titles & 3D clouds in post to give clients fast results without having to go back to 3D, and using skybox viewer to see results.
- Sharpener tool on some footage.
Production Company Malka Media Group
Directed by Jeff Frommer
CGI, VFX and Post by Mechanism Digital Inc.
VFX Supervisor Lucien Harriot
VFX Artist Fangge Chen
Malka Media is a content studio built for brands and agencies alike. We leverage insight and technology to deliver compelling creative and original content. Jeff Frommer production director.
Mechanism Digital is a NYC production studio since 1996 providing design, effects & new development for the film, television & advertising industry.
If you would like to submit a piece for inclusion in our INSPIRATION category please submit it to us here.